Sons' sorrow

Bit surprised we've went with the same 2 keepers as last year. Hope we don't regret that.

I don't think we will actually, we are hardly talking Hughie 'Away' Stevenson or Kenny 'Wildman' Meechan here. Grindlay is still poor in the cross ball situation whilst Ewing's main weakness seems to be his judgement and timing on charging from his goal.

However, overall it was the guys in front of the 'keepers and not Shay or Jamie who contributed most to the goals against total. If the midfield competes as a midfield should and the back four remains focused and in a shape then we should improve this time round.

Talking of goalkeepers just be grateful that Willie whigham has long gone. And as for jim harkens even after over forty years I can still remember him just standing there as the ball sailed into the net.

right Sir, that's me paid you back the greenie I red died in error, you're now a greenie up from me. Sorry about the original SNAFU by me.

I think he's suggesting that because you rate Grindlay higher than Ewings that shows that Ewings is underrated. He'd be wrong but I think that's what he's suggesting. Grindlay always has been and always will be a better keeper than Ewings.

---------------------------------------

I don't think he's wrong because Grindlay is better than Ewings (Which in my opinion he is, although not by a whole lot), he's wrong becasue saying 'Grindlay is better than Ewings' doesn't mean you are underating Ewings and to think otherwise is pretty daft. If someone said Ewings isn't very good at shot stopping that would be underrating him because he's quite good at that . But it certainly doesn't "exemplify the point".... <_<

Dr Jan turned time-wasting into an art form, loved him for that. Loved him less when Bobby Mann lobbed from the halfway line mind you..... :unsure2:

Edit - For some reason my work pc won't let me insert text between the quotes...

Edited by untitled00

Aye the monk was a hero. Despite his rather intimidating appearance, including the 'we are the people' hand tattoo, he was a decent guy.

Last I heard he was playing for some mob in the Vale's league. Most likely Larkhall.

Shame if he's dropped to that level, he was a good player. I'm doing the Vale match reports in the new season for the paper, so I'll maybe get to see him if he's playing in that league.