Sons' sorrow

St Mirren actually try and play football, which is one of the reasons they are where they are.

Lennon is a pretty shite manager though, but the suggestion they are "horrendous to watch" isn't true, despite their results.

I wonder if Lennon is so bad? Good record with Cowdenbeath and has kept St. Mirren up against the odds and won a national trophy for them. I'm surprised he hasn't hooked Chick Young for his constant predictions of his demise as Saints' manager.

I'm officially worried.

Well here's some bad news. Murray is going to leave. It may be next week or next year but he isn't long term. He was never going to be. Either he would fail and be sacked or succeed and move on. He has already reached the average tenure for a Sons manager so anything more is a bonus.

If we begin season 2014-15 with Murray still in charge I'll be delighted.

And surprised.

Well here's some bad news. Murray is going to leave. It may be next week or next year but he isn't long term. He was never going to be. Either he would fail and be sacked or succeed and move on. He has already reached the average tenure for a Sons manager so anything more is a bonus.

And surprised.

Yes, I'm fully aware that Murray will leave sooner or later; that is inevitable. What I'm particularly concerned about is the exodus that may follow him if players don't re-sign before he leaves.

And surprised.

So what's happened recently that would surprise you if he's still here start of season? Yip he's done great with us and as you say he was never going to be long term with his record, but it looked as if he was going to sign another contract. Is he waiting to see what happens at Hibs? Is the lack of stuff happening at BBS this past week that has drawn that conclusion or do you have insider knowledge from your friend(s) on the board?

I fully expected him to give it a go with us next year. Still a lot to learn for him and playing against rangers hearts hibs (?) can help him as a manager. If he does well his stock will be huge. These rumours and lack of news had made me doubt this though.

So what's happened recently that would surprise you if he's still here start of season? Yip he's done great with us and as you say he was never going to be long term with his record, but it looked as if he was going to sign another contract. Is he waiting to see what happens at Hibs? Is the lack of stuff happening at BBS this past week that has drawn that conclusion or do you have insider knowledge from your friend(s) on the board?

There seems to a bit of speculation going on here, but as to any departure by Ian Murray basically two things can happen. Either we gradually collapse and head back down a division or two, or we can use the club's enhanced profile and better cash situation to attract another manager of good calibre.

As long as we remain in the Championship we would surely be an attractive option for an ambitious manager. As for right now, I hope no-one is playing silly beggars.

The last time I spoke with any board members was at the end of season bash a week ago and it was all on a much lighter topic than Ian Murray's contract negotiations.

My post was a personal view on the managerial choreography that takes place at this time of year. In particular it looks like Danny Lennon will not have his contract renewed. I tend to think that Murray would be high on Saints' list were that the case. I don't know what Hibs situation is other than that they seem to have achieved the task of appointing a worse manager than Pat Fenlon. They also will have observed a club legend blazing a trail as a manager in the Championship.

I assume that Ian Murray hasn't yet re-signed as there has been no news to that effect.

Any fool could have come to the conclusion that I have.

I wouldnt want murrays time with us tarnished by an ugly departure. if he is holding out on signing with us to see if another team comes along then theres only so long that delay can be tolerated. Sooner or later we cut him loose and move on.

As I've mentioned earlier, bigger clubs such as Hibs and St Mirren wouldn't be put off by paying compensation for Murray, so being under contract is hardly likely to make a difference with regards to us keeping him. He may as well sign a new deal with us, get the players signed up and then if one of these sides comes in for him move on.

Any fool could have come to the conclusion that I have.

Perhaps they could have. I just thought you spoke with some knowledge. If not that makes feel a bit better. Although things not looking great.

Could any sons fans tell me where i could get a scarf with sons of the rock wrote across it.Going to the states in june and its for the bro in law a dumbarton man

Don't think Sons sell any scarves like that mate. Only ones are the traditional 'bar' scarves with DFC crest at either end which are pretty nice, around £9 from the stadium.