Sons' sorrow

Are Saints fans not living in the real world? What do they truly expect of their club? Surviving in the top division whilst trying for cup runs seems a logical ambition. What can Murray do that Lennon can't?

In their eight seasons in the top flight, St. Mirren have seen Ross County, ICT and St. Johnstone have top six finishes while Falkirk and Hamilton both missed out narrowly. Obviously it could be far worse than what they've had under Lennon, but I think they have a right to ask why all those clubs who aren't of a vastly greater stature than St. Mirren have been capable of doing more than just staying up alone when they've been in a relegation battle every season under Lennon.

U wouldn't trust Danny with another seasons budget to build a squad, he made a rip roaring c**t of it this season and we are still paying players who aren't still at the club.

Are you hearing any rumours about Murray coming to us,

Finishing 8th is hardly making a 'rip roaring c**t' of a season.

Finishing 8th is hardly making a 'rip roaring c**t' of a season.

I never said he made a rip roaring c**t of the season, I said he made a rip roaring c**t of the budget this season, we are still paying players who aren't at the club because we cancelled there contracts. Edited by Borg

I never said he made a rip roaring c**t of the season, I said he made a rip roaring c**t of the budget this season, we are still paying players who are at the club because we cancelled there contracts.

See if we give you Shug Murray back will you leave Ian alone?

In their eight seasons in the top flight, St. Mirren have seen Ross County, ICT and St. Johnstone have top six finishes while Falkirk and Hamilton both missed out narrowly. Obviously it could be far worse than what they've had under Lennon, but I think they have a right to ask why all those clubs who aren't of a vastly greater stature than St. Mirren have been capable of doing more than just staying up alone when they've been in a relegation battle every season under Lennon.

Exactly.

See if we give you Shug Murray back will you leave Ian alone?

I've no idea mate, Lennon might be offered anew contract tomorrow for all I know, think the board are split on decision.

8th is the highest st mirren have finished in modern times and that's where they finished this season. I reckon off them 10th last summer and they would have taken that. So I don't get how this season has been so bad?

So, Sons insiders and other experts, I hear that Murray was interviewed today for the St Mirren job from a usually impeccable source but in these strange days of unfounded rumours and wild speculation, can anyone confirm or deny this?

You seem to be doing a decent line in that yourself Sir.

So, Sons insiders and other experts, I hear that Murray was interviewed today for the St Mirren job from a usually impeccable source but in these strange days of unfounded rumours and wild speculation, can anyone confirm or deny this?

That's bullshit unless the board interviewed him when they were hungover?

Nice one.

Fingers crossed :)

In recent months the Reporter has been far superior in their coverage of Sons, used to be the Lennox Herald, changed days.

I support Saints but live in Dunbartonshire (a Paisley exile).

I have followed Dumbarton's progress with interest since settling in this neck of the woods, and it has been great to see them coming on in the manner that they have under Murray. Indeed, my better half supports a couple of guys with learning disabilities who have STs for the Sons, so she has been to a good few matches this season, and has (somewhat grudgingly, it has to be said) started taking an interest in how they are getting on.

I would rather Murray stays where he is, as I think that would be the best outcome for all interested parties - including St Mirren. I'm not suggesting that he wouldn't be able to do a job for us, but there would be a pile of pressure on him before he even crossed the threshold of St Mirren Park. A sizeable number of Saints fans don't really feel that it is the right time to replace Danny, so they would - quite reasonably - be looking on with a keen interest as to what extent Murray would be able to kick us on. As a rule, we are a shower of greeting faced b*****ds as a support, so he'd need to have a very thick skin. He would also be faced with a significant re-building job amidst the uncertainty surrounding the sale of the majority shareholding of the club. At least Danny kens the score on that front.

Nah, not for me. Poor timing, and I remain to be convinced that letting Danny go is the best way forward for Saints just now. Murray should get another year under his belt at Dumbarton, and take things from there.

Edited by Drooper

I support Saints but live in Dunbartonshire (a Paisley exile).

I have followed Dumbarton's progress with interest since settling in this neck of the woods, and it has been great to see them coming on in the manner that they have under Murray. Indeed, my better half supports a couple of guys with learning disabilities who have STs for the Sons, so she has been to a good few matches this season, and has (somewhat grudgingly, it has to be said) started taking an interest in how they are getting on.

I would rather Murray stays where he is, as I think that would be the best outcome for all interested parties - including St Mirren. I'm not suggesting that he wouldn't be able to do a job for us, but there would be a pile of pressure on him before he even crossed the threshold of St Mirren Park. A sizeable number of Saints fans don't really feel that it is the right time to replace Danny, so they would - quite reasonably - be looking on with a keen interest as to what extent Murray would be able to kick us on. As a rule, we are a shower of greeting faced b*****ds as a support, so he'd need to have a very thick skin. He would also be faced with a significant re-building job amidst the uncertainty surrounding the sale of the majority shareholding of the club. At least Danny kens the score on that front.

Nah, not for me. Poor timing, and I remain to be convinced that letting Danny go is the best way forward for Saints just now. Murray should get another year under his belt at Dumbarton, and take things from there.

Totally agree with your post Drooper.

Now, get yourself along to watch The Sons with your missus next season. :thumsup2

Cheers

To be fair, Murray would hardly come out and say "No, I've got something else lined up and I'm leaving". He uses his words carefully, the word hope used in just about every interview so far. It's a tad annoying that it's been left to this stage but I'd assume that DFC have a deal on the table and it's Murray who is holding off. It's encouraging that the players are ready to sign up, it's worrying that they've been told not to until the manager makes his mind up.