Sons' sorrow

"Colin has opted to move on and we wish him well with that."

Would be nice to see things on our own site before you see them in papers.

To be fair knowing The Sun Murray hasn't said anything and they've made something up!!

If Nish has taken the huff and gone well f**k him. No players more important than the team/club.

Interestingly, read on the Dumbarton Terrace that Murray says we still have 1 loan remaining as Findlay is only on a 'development loan'. If true it could aid us quite considerably!

Wasn't aware of that but if true then I'm slightly more confident of us being okay than I was at 5pm yesterday.

'The only': considering every club has said something similar at some point I doubt it. He's been impressive every game against us.

Other than the game against your lot at CP a few weeks ago I'm struggling to think of a game where he played really well this season. I'm not just saying that now he's leaving as I've mostly tried to defend the guy.

Last season when we brought Kane in he really upped his game and the two of them worked really well together. A lot of fans still didn't think he was up to much the 2nd half of last season but I thought he was effective. Unfortunately this season he's looked lazy and uninterested minus the game at Central Park where he was excellent.

Fair play if you manage to get him playing well but it just wasn't working for us. As I mentioned on the Cowden thread I had to give up trying to defend him a few months into this season as there was simply nothing to defend.

As regards Nish, apparently this isn't the first time he had a hissy fit in his time at DFC.

The key questions now are who and where are the players who can arrest our slide, and who will be the next assistant Manager ? I really hope Ian Murray and the Board don't hang about on either.

Interestingly, read on the Dumbarton Terrace that Murray says we still have 1 loan remaining as Findlay is only on a 'development loan'. If true it could aid us quite considerably!

What's a 'development loan'? If we have 1 more loan available then that's a huge boost. In ye come Lawrence.

As regards Nish, apparently this isn't the first time he had a hissy fit in his time at DFC.

The key questions now are who and where are the players who can arrest our slide, and who will be the next assistant Manager ? I really hope Ian Murray and the Board don't hang about on either.

Would it be possible to elaborate? Pretty poor from one of our most experienced players.

What's a 'development loan'? If we have 1 more loan available then that's a huge boost. In ye come Lawrence.

I'm not really sure to be honest. Of that is the case, couldn't any of the others have been development loans..? Unless it is to do with age? But I'm not sure of all our loanees ages'. Andy reported that it was written in the match programme.

Is this hissy fit and being missing from the team, anything to do with gils broken nose in training? Heard that yesterday, just wondered what truth there is in it?

I wondered that too, but apparently it was a stray elbow from Aggy (I think it said) It was in the programme this week, I've just not had a chance to read it.

I'm not really sure to be honest. Of that is the case, couldn't any of the others have been development loans..? Unless it is to do with age? But I'm not sure of all our loanees ages'. Andy reported that it was written in the match programme.

Is it when the player can still play for his parent clubs youth teams? Findlay played for the Celtic U20s midweek I noticed.

Always feared when We lost Jack Ross that Ian Murray might struggle and this is looking the case. Squad looks very thin on numbers and quality at the moment. If we don't get at least 2 more decent players in then we may drop like a stone. Striker needed and we have the worst 2 full backs I can remember. Need some leadership on the park and straightforward tactics from the management

Edited by Rockstar

Always feared when We lost Jack Ross that Ian Murray might struggle and this is looking the case. Squad looks very thin on numbers and quality at the moment. If we don't get at least 2 more decent players in then we may drop like a stone. Striker needed and we have the worst 2 full backs I can remember. Need some leadership on the park and straightforward tactics from the management

why would jack Ross be any better at tactics and bringing players with quality in as opposed to Ian Murray? I can never fathom out why people think he was the brains of the operation? I like watching Murray on the touchline, looks interested compared to David winnie and Paul martin (bus stop stance)

Jack Ross worked well with Murray and he had good contacts in the game in order to bring in signings. Paul McGinn who was probably our best signing last season was a Jack Ross signing. Some managers can work well without much backroom support- Murray ain't one of these managers IMO

Jack Ross worked well with Murray and he had good contacts in the game in order to bring in signings. Paul McGinn who was probably our best signing last season was a Jack Ross signing. Some managers can work well without much backroom support- Murray ain't one of these managers IMO

The Sons have certainly seemed to have gone backwards since Jack Ross moved onto Hearts, perhaps as mentioned he was the 'brains' of the management team.

No need to panic. We have a manager that couldn't see the weakness in your full-backs that everyone else can. Nichol will save you from relegation.