Sons' sorrow

Wilf, I actually agree on the Livvy game; I was in hospitality with 25 workmates and they were dumbfounded at the last half-hour. After half-time you would have bet more on an equaliser than a 1-5 final scoreline.

But the point is, those who don't learn from their mistakes will surely repeat them, and after it went 2-0 there was a horrible inevitability about it all. The world and his mother can see that three centre-backs doesn't work for us so why is Ian Murray hellbent on trying to defy gravity here ? And how we are now reduced to a rump of a playing staff at a crucial point of the season surely needs to be questioned.

Everyone at DFC has worked incerdibly hard to try and establish us at a higher level, and it seems to be unravelling at breakneck speed - as I said previously it's painful to watch.

Of course I agree on the three centre backs thing. I have been saying that since it appeared. I joked with a mutual friend of ours at the start. He said "It's 3-5-2 are you staying for the game?" I said "No but we won't win"........

Livy's first goal was brilliant and if it was meant then even better. A head height ball to the front post from the corner, a knock on with the head and bang. What concerned me at the second goal was not Andy Graham whom everyone seems to be blaming. Andy was doing the right thing staying goal side of the attacking player and not lunging in with a tackle but where were the other defenders rushing back to cover? The third one was just one of those things. Rogers was looking behind him waiting for the ball to go out and it hit the bloody post! Rebound was easy.

As you say game over by that stage.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

We have now lost our assistant manager,under twenty manager,half a.dozen first team players,the club secretary and his assistant. Coincidence? Or are darker forces at play. What are the brabco six up to on the sidelines and who else is going to pack it in?

Add head of youth Tony Gervaise to that list if reports in one of today's Red tops are true....

Add head of youth Tony Gervaise to that list if reports in one of today's Red tops are true....

Would be very surprised by that, he was a pretty major influence in Nish leaving. In saying that the club seems to be in a pretty shambolic state at the moment.

Anyway Jason Scotland won't be signing. He's joined Hamilton. Again...

https://twitter.com/acciesfc/status/560129670671511554

Looks like Gervaise is away then. That could be a blow as I didn't hear a single bad word about him, he seemed well liked and respected.

Night of the long knives at DFC...

Not sure if serious...

I know a few guys who have sons in our youth teams and i've not actually heard any postive words about him.

Not sure if serious...

I know a few guys who have sons in our youth teams and i've not actually heard any postive words about him.

No I am, one of the boys who plays for the team I coach brother played for the development team last season. Spoke to his Dad about him last night and he said he was an outstanding man manager who the players enjoyed working with. He was considerably less complimentary about Nishy, which is how the conversation came about!

Apparently Nish and Gervaise didn't get on well at all as Nish wanted to play very one dimensional football.

Can only base it on what I've heard, and I've heard a lot of slagging of our pro youth system, but not Gervaise.

I think to be fair as well, any comments coming from a parent about a youth team coach should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.

True, although positive ones from a parent whose kid isn't with the club anymore are unusual.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

We only need to look back a few pages to see most of us complaining about a very poor production line of youth players from our youth system.

I'm happy to see a shake up and the removal of guys like Gervais and Nish who weren't exactly farting out the David Templetons, Chris Kanes or even a solid Championship player like Dean Brett.

I agree about the comment around 1 sided stories from parents, that's all I have to go on unfortunately. In particular one of the guys I know is a good friend and some of the in depth convos I have had with him have always been negative.

Youth football seems to be the male equivalent of the modelling circuit in terms of bitching and cattiness, and we seem to have been bedevilled for seasons now with 'issues' and 'personalities'.

As regards these latest revelations, everyone is correct; Tony Gervaise did rub certain folks up the wrong way and Nishy could not in my opinion read a football match. I also know one of his former charges at DFC who endorses that view.

I think the whole concept needs a long hard look, especially before we move to the new stadium :unsure2:

We only need to look back a few pages to see most of us complaining about a very poor production line of youth players from our youth system.

I'm happy to see a shake up and the removal of guys like Gervais and Nish who weren't exactly farting out the David Templetons, Chris Kanes or even a solid Championship player like Dean Brett.

I agree about the comment around 1 sided stories from parents, that's all I have to go on unfortunately. In particular one of the guys I know is a good friend and some of the in depth convos I have had with him have always been negative.

I agree and I know we've both spoken with one guy on more than one occasion about Gervaise but again it's a limited spectrum to base our views on. I'm also happy to see a shake up though, I was never convinced Nish would cut it as a head coach but I don't think we'll be farting out Kanes, Templetons or Bretts until its given money. At least this now looks like we're addressing the attention it requires though. Edited by The Moonster