Sons' sorrow

Interesting to see who else goes over next few days. Is a massive cost cutting drive taking place?

By this time next week Gilbert will not only be CEO and club secretary but will be cutting the grass,selling the half time pies and dealing with the teams laundry. As long as he stays away from the credit card machine.

Looks like Gervaise is away then. That could be a blow as I didn't hear a single bad word about him, he seemed well liked and respected.

Gervaise away is not a blow to the youth system, the man is an arrogant tit. Don't know where you get your info about him as he was not well liked and respected.

If he knew what he was about we should have youth players trying to break into the team but we can't even fill our bench and don't even mention the young lad who scored on Saturday as he is miles away from being a first team regular.

Looks like Gervaise is away then. That could be a blow as I didn't hear a single bad word about him, he seemed well liked and respected.

Gervaise away is not a blow to the youth system, the man is an arrogant tit. Don't know where you get your info about him as he was not well liked and respected.

If he knew what he was about we should have youth players trying to break into the team but we can't even fill our bench and don't even mention the young lad who scored on Saturday as he is miles away from being a first team regular.

No I am, one of the boys who plays for the team I coach brother played for the development team last season. Spoke to his Dad about him last night and he said he was an outstanding man manager who the players enjoyed working with. He was considerably less complimentary about Nishy, which is how the conversation came about!

Apparently Nish and Gervaise didn't get on well at all as Nish wanted to play very one dimensional football.

Can only base it on what I've heard, and I've heard a lot of slagging of our pro youth system, but not Gervaise.

HTH

In the end none of us will likely know what he was like as none of us have played for our pro-youth teams (to the best of my knowledge) I was merely communicating to the P&B masses my conversation from last night.

What makes you think Donald McCallum is "miles away from being a first team regular"? I thought he was excellent in pre-season against Thistle & the Bankies and looked lively when he came on at the weekend. Sure he's not the finished article but he is only 18 with 15 minutes of first team football to his name.

Only one anecdotal tale about TG and the YDI. A friend of mine, a lifelong Sons supporter (and his father before him) has a son who played under Chapman with the U 17s and he praised him (Chapman) greatly. When Gervaise came in he felt things took a downward slide. The lad is now playing for Stirling A and enjoying his football again.

As for Proph and Davie Richardson.....the word gentlemen springs to mind to describe both of them. Real die-hard Sons supporters who put in seemingly endless hours on behalf of the club. I fail to see how they won't be missed.

Interesting to see who else goes over next few days. Is a massive cost cutting drive taking place?

By this time next week Gilbert will not only be CEO and club secretary but will be cutting the grass,selling eating the half time pies and dealing with the teams laundry. As long as he stays away from the credit card machine.

Fixed that for you

Slightly later than billed, Dylan Easton's comments to The Dumbarton Terrace: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/easton-promise/

Not trying to be cheeky like, but as the iceberg moves another day closer would The Dumbarton Terrace not be better trying to find out just what the f*** is going on concerning team affairs at DFC ? Or rather what is not going on ?

New midfielder

IAN Murray's squad was given a boost today with the development loan signing of Darren Petrie from Dundee United.

The 19-year old midfielder has agreed a deal which will see him move from Tannadice to the Rock till May 2015.

Darren is left-sided, and is described as a "fiercely competitive player he will not shy away from a tackle".

Last season he made 24 appearances for Brechin City and he has represented Scotland at under–17 and under–19 level.

From official site

No mention of wing back capabilities

Edited by Casey

If he's left sided and known for his tackling then I'd imagine we'll stick him at left full back.

Yes but then who would launch our throw-ins?

In fact, given Linton's ability to launch a throw-in like a corner kick, have we ever taken advantage if it and scored?

Yes but then who would launch our throw-ins?

In fact, given Linton's ability to launch a throw-in like a corner kick, have we ever taken advantage if it and scored?

given lintons recent form, and tendency to shirk a tackle, I can understand Murray's thinking. And yeah we've had nothing I remember from his throw ins, most definitely a week link, certainly this season