Sons' sorrow

Yes but then who would launch our throw-ins?

In fact, given Linton's ability to launch a throw-in like a corner kick, have we ever taken advantage if it and scored?

Last I remember was Ching's against Alloa in the 1-5 last season. Can't remember any time other than that.

Asked the United fans about Petrie...

Our youth coaches have repeatedly said he's got the same kind of potential as Gauld and Souttar but he's only made one sub appearance back at the start of 2013 and hasn't really been near the first team since. So yeah, dunno really.

Just back from a very long injury. Reckon he would have been near the first team squad if fit at the start of the season.

Really like him from what I've seen of youth games.

Poetries quite solid for a youngster and was u19s Scotland captain I think. Likes a dirty tackle as well.

Looking promising...

Last I remember was Ching's against Alloa in the 1-5 last season. Can't remember any time other than that.

Poor return overall then. I liked Linton when he first arrived, and still do, but he has become the weak link with too many concedes goals coming from that side. If we can improve at full-back that would hopefully go some way to improving the goal ratio.

Poor return overall then. I liked Linton when he first arrived, and still do, but he has become the weak link with too many concedes goals coming from that side. If we can improve at full-back that would hopefully go some way to improving the goal ratio.

We haven't played him at full back much this season. He's pretty good as a full back but can't do wing back/forward.

If he loves Nicholl so much why did he knock us back in the summer.

He fell out with DFC last week, had delusions of becoming 1st Team Assistant Manager after the departure of Beuzelin to Hamilton Accies.

A look at our Under 20's results under his charge should give a clue as to why he was never getting near the Assistant Manager position.

Guess he thought different.

Good luck to him.

Here's what Ian Murray had to say to The Dumbarton Terrace today: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/manager-set-for-challenge/

I imagine its a lot of workload for Ian and Mark with no assistant manager but if he's confident its workable then so be it. He hasn't steered us wrong yet and despite the loss of form, Ian will still have all our backing I'm sure.

Miles better than Livi on Saturday is a bit of a stretch though I think!

4 players released, 2 loan deals up leaving a threadbare squad with only 2 development loans brought in so far. 4 members of staff leaving (5 if you include Nish) with no replacements being appointed, all jobs being shared around by existing staff. Judging by Murray's comments there may only be one more player brought in and that wont be until before the Cowden game. Overall that's 10 departures with 2 coming in.

I hate to say it but that looks like a cost cutting excercise to me. Could the demise of Bet Butler left us short of cash? Did they owe us money that we're no longer getting?

Whatever the reason is behind the clear as day cuts it's looking like being an utterly disastrous January window for us. Lack of assistant is a real worry as is a squad that is thinner than Scott Linton's barnet. Not feeling confident right now and Murray is doing much to aid that but claiming pish like we were miles better than Livi.

4 players released, 2 loan deals up leaving a threadbare squad with only 2 development loans brought in so far. 4 members of staff leaving (5 if you include Nish) with no replacements being appointed, all jobs being shared around by existing staff. Judging by Murray's comments there may only be one more player brought in and that wont be until before the Cowden game. Overall that's 10 departures with 2 coming in.

I hate to say it but that looks like a cost cutting excercise to me. Could the demise of Bet Butler left us short of cash? Did they owe us money that we're no longer getting?

Whatever the reason is behind the clear as day cuts it's looking like being an utterly disastrous January window for us. Lack of assistant is a real worry as is a squad that is thinner than Scott Linton's barnet. Not feeling confident right now and Murray is doing much to aid that but claiming pish like we were miles better than Livi.

We've brought in 3 loans, Findlay, Easton and Petrie. Whilst the lack of numbers in the squad is a concern, I'm fairly happy with the players who have been released being moced on. I'd have kept the two loans if possible, but the four who've been transferred weren't doing anything for us anyway. The amount of folk (coaches, club staff and players) leaving could be pure coincidence, but it does raise some questions...

Not convinced at all that Murray should be working without an assistant manager.

We've brought in 3 loans, Findlay, Easton and Petrie. Whilst the lack of numbers in the squad is a concern, I'm fairly happy with the players who have been released being moced on. I'd have kept the two loans if possible, but the four who've been transferred weren't doing anything for us anyway. The amount of folk (coaches, club staff and players) leaving could be pure coincidence, but it does raise some questions...

Not convinced at all that Murray should be working without an assistant manager.

I fully agree on the players Peter but surely these guys should only be released when we have adequate numbers for cover. 4 subs on Saturday was a bit of a shambles.

It may well be coincidence, I'm just making up scenarios in my ever wandering mind. It's been a long week.

I fully agree on the players Peter but surely these guys should only be released when we have adequate numbers for cover. 4 subs on Saturday was a bit of a shambles.

It may well be coincidence, I'm just making up scenarios in my ever wandering mind. It's been a long week.

I'll "Peter" you, ya ride!