Sons' sorrow

I know I'm just throwing names into the mix, but probably Murray's considered alot of names too, we were lucky kane was so good coming from under 20's, and it may not work again, but i do imagine Murray taking in alot of mid week games to find the right guy, let's face it, we're hardly going to know them, so let's discuss people who have done it at this level

Whilst 95% of Dumbarton are embroiled in hating each other for the next 24 hours it has been announced on the OS that our sponsorship deal with Brabco, sorry Bet Butler has ended. No mention of any details though.

Be interesting to know if we've been shafted out of money by the very people who own our club. They must have owed us something surely?

Bet butler are thanked for their contribution to dumbarton but did they ever really make any contribution. And how closely tied to the brabco six were the bet butler group.

If we are no longer sponsored by them then the ground can no longer be called after them. Until a new sponsor appears how about calling it the nicky phinn arena or even the nishie stadium.

I'd like to know the ins and outs of the BetButler deal, how much did we get from them for the stadium and shirt sponsorship? Anything, or are they run by the business geniuses that also run our club and so we got nothing but publicity for our owners.

Is there any way to find out?

Bet butler are thanked for their contribution to dumbarton but did they ever really make any contribution. And how closely tied to the brabco six were the bet butler group.

If we are no longer sponsored by them then the ground can no longer be called after them. Until a new sponsor appears how about calling it the nicky phinn arena or even the nishie stadium.

I think I'll just keep calling it The Rock.

Future Sponsors can name it whatever they like. They could even call it the Alan Kay Arena as long as they pay or the privilege!

I was one of the customers that was done out. Only joined up out of loyalty to Dumbarton as i like to give sponsors some of my business for sponsoring us. Not sure how much was in my account but don't think it was too much. Thoroughly enough it's not this 1st time i've lost money due to a bookie going out of business. I was done out of £150 a few years back when a cheque bounced for a bet i made and then found out the bookie had went bust. It was 2 Cypriot brothers that ran the bookie and they done a runner back to Cyprus. Never seen my money again.

Edited by sons'r'us

Whilst 95% of Dumbarton are embroiled in hating each other for the next 24 hours it has been announced on the OS that our sponsorship deal with Brabco, sorry Bet Butler has ended. No mention of any details though.

Be interesting to know if we've been shafted out of money by the very people who own our club. They must have owed themselves something surely?

Fixed that ;)

I must admit I've always been disappointed that Aggreko don't take much interest. Maybe O'Kelly could put in a good word for us? The Rab Bruce Arena will be near their shiny new factory and everything.

A worldwide company like that could really benefit from a once a season plug on BBC Alba.

Speaking of the new stadium, the club are suspiciously quiet about the outcome of the Scottish government review of the proposed site.

If it had been a positive decision then undoubtedly we'd have seen PR puff pieces by now. Can we take it from the silence that the decision isn't entirely in our favour?

I must admit I've always been disappointed that Aggreko don't take much interest. Maybe O'Kelly could put in a good word for us? The Rab Bruce Arena will be near their shiny new factory and everything.

A worldwide company like that could really benefit from a once a season plug on BBC Alba.

Lots of words have already been put in BBPF, and to be honest if the decision was local management's alone then we might have had a more positive response by now. It isn't however, and the reason given is that DFC falls below the profile at which the company seeks corporate sponsorship involvement.

Aggreko did advertise in the past at the Turnberry end of Boghead (check my avatar) so there has been previous involvement. Bet Butler's evaporation could though be a game changer inasmuch as any company or organisation is currently shooting at an open goal, so rest assured if there is further approach I'll be assisting in any way I can.

For the record, many employees are slightly puzzled as there is a lot of local kudos to be had at a fairly modest cost.