Sons' sorrow

Nah never heard off that kid! Always good to see development players get a game amongst first team players! Can say what ye want about training with the first team a game is where ye really learn! Am not a dumbarton fan but I know spalders who takes the development team and 1st team coach! Knows his stuff that man! Good luck in the next round!

Apparently a lad named McGregor who plays for Lothian Thistle.

Can't be arsed doing my own research, but are we the only team in the league not to take something from Rangers so far?

Raith haven't taken anything from them in league games either, they did get to pump them out the cup though.

If Livi, Cowden and Alloa can take points off them, there is no reason whatsoever we can't.

*Goes all Kevin Keegan*

"Ad love it if we beat them"

Hearts have now tied up the league and we're down to our remaining 7 games, time for Murray to start thinking about our squad for next year and who to keep or punt. Personally I would definitely keep the following...

Rogers (if we are able to loan again)

Graham

Findlay (highly unlikely)

Agnew

Turner

Gilhaney

Kirkpatrick

Fleming

Undecided on the following:

DVZ (Been decent for us but not getting any younger)

Taggart

Megginson (excellent last season, pretty terrible this season)

Wilson (yet to be convinced, leaning more towards a naw for him)

Punt the following:

Linton

Mair

Ewings

Grindlay

Easton (wouldn't waste a loan on him)

Campbell

Not seen enough of Coleman, Whitefield, Lumsden or McCallum.

Duggan and Petrie are decent enough players but I dunno if I'd go chasing another loan for them. If either is released I wouldn't be against us offering them a deal.

I have a feeling Murray may look to get out during the summer if I'm honest. With St Mirren looking likely to come down and Hamilton likely to ditch Canning there could be a couple of opportunities for him to move on. If he does stay I'd hope he finds an assistant, again though I have a feeling he has delayed on that if he's thinking of moving on.

Take it Eastons not been impressing then?

Don't get me wrong he's not been bad, I just feel he's a bit of a luxury player and seriously lightweight. Not what you're after when you're at our end of the table and just looking to survive.

I've said all along he looks like the type of player who'd be more effective in a better team that allow him more creative freedom.

Don't get me wrong he's not been bad, I just feel he's a bit of a luxury player and seriously lightweight. Not what you're after when you're at our end of the table and just looking to survive.

I've said all along he looks like the type of player who'd be more effective in a better team that allow him more creative freedom.

Couldn't agree much more. He would've been a great player to have this time last season. Without the need for the defensive side of things. But in our current squad he really is too much of a luxury. Extremely lightweight is bang on as well.

If we can beat Rangers at home then that would be my favourite ever day as a Sons' fan I think.

We did it before. 1-0 at the Craig Brittain testimonial match.

Gemmill was the scorer, IIRC.

Edited for very poor spelling of Gemmill.

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

post-12461-0-73872100-1427632787_thumb.j

So we're on 33.

Alloa, 5 games to go, can reach 35.

Cowden, 6 games to go, can reach 37.

However they play each other on the last game, so can't BOTH take maximum points.

Alloa win that game, best Cowden can make is 34. Cowden win that game, best Alloa can make is 32. Draw means Alloa 33, Cowden 35.

Not mathematically possible, but I'll put my mortgage on the fact that we're safe.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

So we're on 33.

Alloa, 5 games to go, can reach 35.

Cowden, 6 games to go, can reach 37.

However they play each other on the last game, so can't BOTH take maximum points.

Alloa win that game, best Cowden can make is 34. Cowden win that game, best Alloa can make is 32. Draw means Alloa 33, Cowden 35.

Not mathematically possible, but I'll put my mortgage on the fact that we're safe.

CLICK