Sons' sorrow

Pleased with Crawley. Ryan Mccord would be a good accusition providing he hasn't committed to alloa.

Despite the nickname it's Kevin Cawley. Funnily enough when Gerry Crawley, a guy I knew fairly well, played for us in the 80s, was nicknamed 'Creepy' by a few of us. My he was a hard player.

Anyhoo, thankfully we can get back to talking about football and we appear to have signed a couple of decent players.

Miller sounds like the type of player that will be absolutely hated by the opposition and possibly a good chunk of our own fans. Full of confidence, loves a tackle and doesn't seem shy to say what he thinks. I'm not joking when I say that delights me.

I can't say I have any knowledge on Miller, but if he is a midfielder who likes a tackle, then that sounds good. It's essential that we become tougher and more robust in the middle of the park, especially with Turner leaving.

Cawley was rated well at Alloa and always seems to be a danger, so it's good to have him on board.

The two above are good news as far as I'm concerned, but it's fantastic that big Andy Graham has signed on again. He's been pivotal to our side for a number of seasons again, and he'll again provide a solid backbone for the coming season. Very happy with that bit of business in particular.

That post on OS about the chase has been removed!

Back up now.

Agree with DTS, we've got a pretty good spine to the team already signed up and still plenty of time to add to it. Hopefully big Andy signing will see the start of the others from last years squad signing up that have been offered deals (Scott Agnew, I'm looking at you wee man).

Back up now.

Agree with DTS, we've got a pretty good spine to the team already signed up and still plenty of time to add to it. Hopefully big Andy signing will see the start of the others from last years squad signing up that have been offered deals (Scott Agnew, I'm looking at you wee man).

Yeah, getting Aggie signed up would be great also. He and Kirkpatrick would be greats bits of business if we can get them to re-sign as well.

I'd imagine Aitken has issued deadlines to those he's offered deals to from last season's squad. If they don't sign, it'd be disappointing but they and we would need to move on and look at other targets, which I don't doubt Aitken will have, in the event that the offers aren't taken up.

Delighted with Chase. Love the big man.

I'm looking forward to seeing what wingers and strikers we sign, all been pretty central so far. I know Cawley is listed as a striker but he seems to be more of a midfielder. I've been happy with all the signings so far, good solid start from wee Stee.

Any realistic 20 goal a season strikers out there?

Delighted with Chase. Love the big man.

I'm looking forward to seeing what wingers and strikers we sign, all been pretty central so far. I know Cawley is listed as a striker but he seems to be more of a midfielder. I've been happy with all the signings so far, good solid start from wee Stee.

Any realistic 20 goal a season strikers out there?

Delighted with Andy signing up, hopefully Aggy, Kirkpatrick and Taggart follow.

On the striker front, I wonder if Rangers would loan out Ryan Hardie. He was tremendous against us but hasn't featured since, he could bag us a few goals which could damage Hibs/St Mirren/Whoever else is challenging for title. We get a striker, Rangers get the possibility of points being taken off their rivals.

Might be worth an enquiry at least.

On the striker front, I wonder if Rangers would loan out Ryan Hardie. He was tremendous against us but hasn't featured since, he could bag us a few goals which could damage Hibs/St Mirren/Whoever else is challenging for title. We get a striker, Rangers get the possibility of points being taken off their rivals.

I would hope that Fleming is added to that list.

Can you loan in the same league ?

Edited by Skid

Can you loan in the same league ?

I think so, aye. Cowden had Robbie Buchanan on loan from Hearts last season and Callum Gallagher from Rangers whilst Raith brought Barrie McKay in as well.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08