Sons' sorrow

St.mirren signing Stuart Findlay, is he any good?

A brilliant acquisition. Is it a loan signing or permanent?

He's lightning fast, reads the game well and strolls out of defense like Alan Hansen in his prime. He's only 18 so would benefit from being partnered with an experienced central defender.

Easily one of the best prospects I've ever witnessed in a Sons shirt. If he keeps developing he could go all the way in the game.

Mcg simple answer . Yes

Cheers, sounds like we are getting 1 or 2 in from Celtic. Looking forward to seeing who Murray brings in, the assistant manager still hasn't been announced yet.

St.mirren signing Stuart Findlay, is he any good?

Absolutely outstanding player. Comfortably ome of the best I've ever seen at the club.

Cheers, sounds like we are getting 1 or 2 in from Celtic. Looking forward to seeing who Murray brings in, the assistant manager still hasn't been announced yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the assistant!

Finlay a permanent signing or loan? i've been disappointed to see ceptuc linked with so many young cb's, for me finlay merits a chance at that level.

He's very quick, positions himself well and is good with the ball. You've got yourself a player

Was he not disrespectful to sons at the end of last season?

Didn't think he was at all actually. He just said that it was a shame things hadn't worked out better at sons. Think it was a tweet he sent out. If I missed something then fair enough, but I didn't think he done anything disrespectful.

E.T.A. Findlay is without a doubt, the most promising young player I have ever seen in a sons shirt. Was the best player in our squad at the end of last season. Will be gutting lining up against him, but he is progressing and if things pan out right for him he could go right to the top!

Edited by squeezeboxson

Heard yesterday that Stephen Grindlay likes the new manager and may stay to fight for the No.1 jersey with Jamie Ewings!

Without starting the whole goalkeeper debate again, I'd be happy with either Jamie or Stephen as a back-up but I hope Stevie Aitken has an alternative first choice keeper in his plans.

Here's Kieran's tweet (assuming that's what was being spoken about) I wouldn't say it was disrespectful at all:

https://twitter.com/MacDonaldKieran/status/548890234193448960

Yeah, that's all I remember seeing. As I said, I may have missed something. If that is what they were thinking of though I'd say it is anything but disrespectful.

Heard yesterday that Stephen Grindlay likes the new manager and may stay to fight for the No.1 jersey with Jamie Ewings!

Without starting the whole goalkeeper debate again, I'd be happy with either Jamie or Stephen as a back-up but I hope Stevie Aitken has an alternative first choice keeper in his plans.

With Jaz already signed, there is absolutely no point in keeping Shay as 3rd choice.

With Jaz already signed, there is absolutely no point in keeping Shay as 3rd choice.

That's exact what I said to the guy who told me...he's a close friend of Stephen. The reply was Stephen reckons it would be a straight fight between the two of them...just like season 2013/14!

Strange, because I spoke briefly to Stephen at a recent testimonial event and he indicated he was signing for Beith Juniors.

That's exact what I said to the guy who told me...he's a close friend of Stephen. The reply was Stephen reckons it would be a straight fight between the two of them...just like season 2013/14!

Strange, because I spoke briefly to Stephen at a recent testimonial event and he indicated he was signing for Beith Juniors.

Christ, nae offence to either of them but going from Rogers back to the two we had a few years ago is a monumental drop.

What seems weird is that Aitken said last week somewhere that he knew we needed a new goalkeeper with Rogers heading back to Aberdeen. So to just make a complete U turn and stick with what we had is unusual.

If true I don't like that he is signing someone on the basis that he is a mate and not that he is a good enough 'keeper. I think pretty much everyone would agree that we need a better number 1 than either Ewings or Shay.