Sons' sorrow

Sounds promising, but aitken did say it was unfair to expect a 19 year old to come in and turn a game, then signs one, does this mean mccallum will be dropped after creating a spark on Saturday?

Are we not overdue a striker who can bang goals in, week in week out, that we can call our own? Everyone else seems to on a regular basis

Unfortunately for a club like us, signing and keeping a 15/20 goals a season man is a near impossible task. McCallum didn't start, so can't be dropped as such. IIRC he's more of a Number.10 attacking mid type, whereas Brophy is an out and out goalscorer.

Brophy will be our equivalent of a Mario Gomez or of a Diego Costa or of a Zlatan Ibrahimovic or of a Hans Gruber... The problem however is the length of the loan, if he is able to score regularly like a Mario Gomez or of a Diego Costa or of a Zlatan Ibrahimovic or of a Hans Gruber then unless we can get an equally good striker when he leaves then how are we meant to cope for the rest of the season...God.

Does it ever feel like we have too many players we don't want to drop? Must be a mare picking a team for Stee.

Do we sacrafice Taggart for Barr?

Do we drop Buchanan to get width in the pitch and play Barr & Wright even though Buchanan has been great and done nothing wrong.

Who do we play in central midfield out of Routledge, Brown, Cawley, Gallagher, Lindsay (when fit)?

Do we move Cawley out wide or do we drop him and start McCallum?

Fleming AM/or striker? Craig or Brophy?

I would hate to be Stee right now.

Does it ever feel like we have too many players we don't want to drop? Must be a mare picking a team for Stee.

Do we drop Buchanan to get width in the pitch and play Barr & Wright even though Buchanan has been great and done nothing wrong.

Who do we play in central midfield out of Routledge, Brown, Cawley, Gallagher, Lindsay (when fit)?

Taggart should be playing at right back every week he is fit to.

Buchanan should be playing centre back alongside either Barr or Wright.

Routledge and Gallagher are our best central midfielders.

Cawley should be starting on the wing.

Fleming as a striker if played with McCallum in-behind or Fleming slightly further back if Brophy is chosen to start.

Brophy will be our equivalent of a Mario Gomez or of a Diego Costa or of a Zlatan Ibrahimovic or of a Hans Gruber... The problem however is the length of the loan, if he is able to score regularly like a Mario Gomez or of a Diego Costa or of a Zlatan Ibrahimovic or of a Hans Gruber then unless we can get an equally good striker when he leaves then how are we meant to cope for the rest of the season...God.

No. Sacrifice Wright for Taggs.

No

Currently. Routledge must start, Brown has been decent as has Gal. But on recent form. Brown and Routledge for me.

Move Cawley back to the wing, aye.

Fleming in behind Brophy. In the same way as he played when we had Kane. Craig's no' really done much to merit a start.

I'm here if you need me, Stee...but I've got training Monday and Wednesday and work Tuesday and Thursday so weekends are only really viable ;)8)

As much as I like Taggart, I can't see Wright being sacrificed to bring him back in. So I'm not sure how we'll look to line-up on Saturday.

Maybe Barr and Wright in the middle, with Taggart on the right would solve that dilemma. But that would involve dropping Buchanan, which I'd be surprised to see.

The midfield is another matter entirely. We're now well covered in terms of numbers in midfield, although most of our options are through the middle.

My preference would be Gibson and Cawley wide, and two of our abundance of central midfielders alongside them.

Important team selection for Stee this weekend.

As much as I like Taggart, I can't see Wright being sacrificed to bring him back in. So I'm not sure how we'll look to line-up on Saturday.

Maybe Barr and Wright in the middle, with Taggart on the right would solve that dilemma. But that would involve dropping Buchanan, which I'd be surprised to see.

The midfield is another matter entirely. We're now well covered in terms of numbers in midfield, although most of our options are through the middle.

My preference would be Gibson and Cawley wide, and two of our abundance of central midfielders alongside them.

Important team selection for Stee this weekend.

This isn't a dig at yourself, but why wouldn't Stee drop Wright? I don't see why Taggart and Buchy who've been our two strongest, most consistent defenders so far should drop out to make way for a guy who looks completely past it.

Undoubtedly our strongest back line is Taggart Buchanan Barr Docherty/Waters. With a bit of luck that's the one we'll see take to the field on Saturday. Barr and Wright at centre back would be a disaster due to the lack of pace.

This isn't a dig at yourself, but why wouldn't Stee drop Wright? I don't see why Taggart and Buchy who've been our two strongest, most consistent defenders so far should drop out to make way for a guy who looks completely past it.

Undoubtedly our strongest back line is Taggart Buchanan Barr Docherty/Waters. With a bit of luck that's the one we'll see take to the field on Saturday. Barr and Wright at centre back would be a disaster due to the lack of pace.

I just don't think either Aitken or Wright have ideas of Wright being a bit-part player or not starting most weeks.

I totally agree he hasn't been great so far, and by all accounts he wasn't on Saturday against Alloa either, I would just be surprised to see Wright dropped this early on, that's all. I am fully prepared to be proven wrong should it happen though.

I dont think he'll drop Wright. He left St Johnstone because he wasnt getting games, he won't be here to sit on the bench. I think Stevie will want to vindicate his decision to replace Graham with Wright as well.

First 2 League matches we win, beating Hibs & St Mirren. Then Stevie starts tinkering and changing the team around, dropping the likes of Taggart.

That's my only criticism of Aitken thus far, I like the old adage of 'sticking with a winning team', why change a winning formation?

Maybe start both of them,

Surely if youths got more opportunities we could develop a 20 goal striker, instead of getting shot of them before their 20, and had no chances whatsoever, sign them on longer contracts

What a brilliant, simple solution!

Drop Craig (preferably on his head, and forever) as he's not a footballer.

Give the young guys a chance to shine.

Sadly, if we had a 20 goal striker, he'd be sold to a better team IMHO.