Sons' sorrow

37 minutes ago, optimistic said:

IMG_4134.jpgmaybe where we are is exactly where we should be in terms of average gates?

Amazing that livi are getting an average of just above 4000 through there gates, considering a majority of people from there apparently support either hibs or hearts

You have to remember the Angus clubs attendances are inflated due to all the derbies. Gives them quite a big advantage.

You have to remember the Angus clubs attendances are inflated due to all the derbies. Gives them quite a big advantage.

Especially the 3 other ones aside from us thanks to us. 1100 at the Brechin game the other week, lucky if there were 100 Brechin fans there. Probably get about 200-300 away Forfar and Mo fans depending.

Most average crowds inflated throughout the leagues due to derbies though including EFs and Raiths.

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Massive week for us. Since the start of the window we've lost Thomas, Allardice, Spencer, Dowie and McGowan with Ben Armour the only addition. Will we see 4 new (maybe 1 old) faces this week?

We better fucking hope so.

I was having a think about this last night. By my reckoning, we need, at the minimum, a new left back, centre half, box-to-box centre mid and a striker.

Will we see that many come in before the end of January? I'm not so sure.

Edited by FifeSons

I was having a think about this last night. By my reckoning, we need, at the minimum, a new left back, centre half, box-to-box centre mid and a striker.
Will we see that many come in before the end of January? I'm not so sure.
I'd agree, you can also add a goalie to that list unless Duffy is happy to go with Adam and can talk Ewings into coming out of retirement to sit on the bench. Surely the SPFL will be questioning our continued emergency loan of Smith, I can't imagine them being overly delighted about us carrying on with it when we've had a month to sort the situation out.

You could also argue that a winger would be handy. Paton is guff, B.Barr is capable but hasn't shown it nearly enough and Gallagher just doesn't seem to work out there. Forbes is probably the best option on the right but Duffy seems to be favouring the ineffective Forbes and Hutton partnership in the middle of the park.

Forbes is capable of playing out wide but his lack of pace is a real limiting factor. I’d rather have him there than Paton to be fair, but I’d prefer a player with his range and passing ability in the middle of the park. The major problem in doing that is pairing him with Hutton clearly doesn’t work, but we have no other options with the squad we have. Frustrating.