Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I read this eleven times and finally checked to see if the Lennox was dated for April 1st, but no, it shows March 30th.  And to think that his club's Board were almost certainly signatories to this crazy schedule, so he doesn't have to go far to discuss 'realism and understanding'.

Looks like Duffy is throwing tonight's game. Wedderburn didn't play on Saturday. Smith, Forbes and Carswell on the bench. Jones up front.

Absolutely no way are we playing our strongest 11 tonight. I can understand why we're doing it even if I don't like it. It's disrespectful to any fan who is paying for a webcast in a game we're clearly resting players. Unfortunately I cant disagree with it. The Airdire game  is far more important to us right now.

10 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Looks like Duffy is throwing tonight's game. Wedderburn didn't play on Saturday. Smith, Forbes and Carswell on the bench. Jones up front.

Absolutely no way are we playing our strongest 11 tonight. I can understand why we're doing it even if I don't like it. It's disrespectful to any fan who is paying for a webcast in a game we're clearly resting players. Unfortunately I cant disagree with it. The Airdire game  is far more important to us right now.

So no chance of the Sons getting one over on Falkirk and helping us close the gap!? Stranger things have happened I guess.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

So no chance of the Sons getting one over on Falkirk and helping us close the gap!? Stranger things have happened I guess.

I’d be lying if I said I knew. The only comparable incident on
record is in 12th century Burgandy when it rained herring.

Well I never saw that coming, in fact I never saw it at all.  But credit where credit is due, earning a point away to the league leaders is a very creditable result so well played Sons.  And from the reports Sam Ramsbottom put in an excellent shift so fair play Sir.

Disappointing news about Layne though.

I think someone mentioned a few pages back that its really the case that there's not a huge difference between the teams in this league. Montrose and Falkirk at home aside, our games have been close, and as other results have shown, anyone can seemingly beat anyone. That's the positive I'm clinging to at the moment anyway; we may be bad, but everyone else isn't much better.

Fair play to Sam Ramsbottom, he’s spent the last couple of weeks dealing with everyone pointing and laughing at him after his howler to the point I started feeling sorry for him and hoping he was mentally tough enough to ride it out. We’re talking this thing being retweeted by Amazon, being on Sky Sports on the following Saturday morning and numerous morons (mostly wee daft boys who are Morton supporters) directly tagging him in a lot of the tweets where he was being torn to shreds. That could’ve seriously broken the lad but he’s bounced back tremendously. Hopefully he can build on last night’s performance and prove his doubters wrong, he’s certainly earned my respect for what he’s had to deal with recently.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fair play to Sam Ramsbottom, he’s spent the last couple of weeks dealing with everyone pointing and laughing at him after his howler to the point I started feeling sorry for him and hoping he was mentally tough enough to ride it out. We’re talking this thing being retweeted by Amazon, being on Sky Sports on the following Saturday morning and numerous morons (mostly wee daft boys who are Morton supporters) directly tagging him in a lot of the tweets where he was being torn to shreds. That could’ve seriously broken the lad but he’s bounced back tremendously. Hopefully he can build on last night’s performance and prove his doubters wrong, he’s certainly earned my respect for what he’s had to deal with recently.

100% agree.

I think the slagging of him went way too far. He made a bad mistake. Obviously it was always going to go a bit viral, but it was hard not to feel sympathy for him. He's not the first goalkeeper to make a serious howler and he certainly won't be the last. Heck in the last week Mark McCallum and Robbie Mutch (two guys I consider some of the best keepers in the division) have made pretty awful errors. These things happen.

Seeing him getting torn into by folk who could only dream of playing in Scottish League One was tough. In the grand scheme of things he'll be on pennies with us, and the poor guy must've wondered why he was bothering for the abuse he was taking. The worst thing about the Forfar game was that he had no real opportunity to make up for it either, because he barely had another touch of the ball. It's also worth remembering that it was his first proper match in almost 500 days...

I think if that was me I would've gone into hiding and never returned to a football pitch. He got punted in against a side who had ripped us to shreds twice already this season and responded by being the best player on the park. To paraphrase Brendan Rodgers that says a lot about his character, I hope he can build on it between now and the end of the season - because he really is an absolutely lovely big guy.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any news on how bad Laynes injury is?

Duffy didn't know much post-match, but mentioned that because of his injury history we don't want to take any chances with him. Isaac was apparently devastated in the changing room though, which is a real shame as he was quite clearly totally hyper about being back. I think he said something along the lines of us having to wait to see how it settles over the next couple of days, then it'll be over to Kirsten.

Hopefully it was just him taking no chances. I was never his biggest fan, but there's no doubt that he's exactly the sort of player we've been missing this season.

40 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

I thought Rabin was outstanding last night.

Everything was positive from him. Just wanted to get at their defence.

More of the same please.

166819164_3975140915879842_3117604589053

I absolutely love this photo.

Can only echo that too. He was superb. His performance had everything you'd want from a winger going to a side playing at the top of the league. He did not stop running all night either, I just hope he's got something left in the tank for Thursday night.

From the goalcam footage you can hear how vocal Rabin is as well, there was a point in the first half where he and Sam Wardrop have a bit of a shouting match over who should be picking up a man - I'm glad the players are doing that rather than staying quiet and hoping they don't get caught out again. He was pissed off he missed his first chance and, as that photo shows, delighted when he got his goal. Hopefully he keeps improving because we've been crying out for an effective winger for about 2 years now.