Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Will be interesting to find out who the 2 pre contract players are? heard a rumour that may be signing a young keeper who Jan will know very well? 

:lol: I can exclusively rule that one out!

He's been in training to give Eric a hand for the past few weeks and has enjoyed it and done well by all accounts, but he quit playing earlier this season and has no desire to get back to it. Save for the odd amateur game here and there with his pals.

Me and Eric were chatting about him a few months back, and the big man invited him in for a session. Which became a few sessions. Goalkeeper drills are a lot easier when there's three of you plus a coach. He coaches in his day job, so it suited him to learn some more stuff working with Eric, Brett and Harry that he could take into that.

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I don't believe the board will sack Farrell.

I really hope that they do. They should have sacked him last season. They failed to do so and offered him a new contract prematurely. They should have waited until Easter at least and seen how our league season was going to pan out. There was no argument in favour of keeping him last year and there's no argument in favour of keeping him now. The collapse in form was absolutely shocking and completely unacceptable. We now go into the summer knowing that we have mostly  the same group of players who bottled it this season. Farrell's players. Same lack of creativity. Same lack of goals. Same lack of bottle in the big games. Same lack of a plan B.

We should sack Farrell. We should never have offered the likes of Greg Wylde a new contract. Farrell isnt walking away for free and it would take proper leadership from the board to actually sack him.

Given that we have a board, and a chairman, that seem to lack both courage and ability, I expect we're in for an unhappy few days and another shambles next season. Farrell should be clearing out his desk right now. I don't have any kind of faith in the board to make that happen.

He won't resign. We're relying on the club to sack him. I wouldn't be putting money on them making the right decision.

Farrell is going nowhere, and the 'board' will hide under the table until the fans anger boils down.  Best to tune out and unsubscribe from the 'sponsor a DFC butt-plug' emails.

Although you got a second place finish, your style of play was murder. i feel for the fans as a neutral. sitting in and countering is brutal. but to be fair it worked for the majority. but got found out in the end. I'm going to go to say this out loud and it may be controversial but i don't care. it was horrific to watch!! 

4 hours ago, Support said:

Although you got a second place finish, your style of play was murder. i feel for the fans as a neutral. sitting in and countering is brutal. but to be fair it worked for the majority. but got found out in the end. I'm going to go to say this out loud and it may be controversial but i don't care. it was horrific to watch!! 

Having read the sons fans making similar criticisms for most of the season, I highly doubt they'll find that controversial.

12 hours ago, FifeSons said:

“I don’t react to anything… whether people are patting me on the back or stabbing me in the back… East Fife and Annan are happy with their seasons… for some reason that’s not the feeling at Dumbarton… I think the players have had a really good season and I think any objective person would think that…”

Forgetting his own bizarre "only 20 people thought we'd get a result and they're in that dressing room" when we played Stirling away comment there. 

14 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Forgetting his own bizarre "only 20 people thought we'd get a result and they're in that dressing room" when we played Stirling away comment there. 

He's right about one thing, he doesn't react to anything. In particular the obvious danger of sitting back and letting Annan come at them away from home. For stabbed in the back substitute shot himself in the foot. There you go mate, fixed it for him.

57 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

It’s so funny that he thinks the fans have ‘stabbed him in the back’. Beyond delusional.

Typical Trade Union official behaviour. Promise the earth, deliver hee haw and then blame everyone else.

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

Only been to 2 games since 2012, entirely through choice, so generally try to stay quiet but that gaslighting from Farrell is insanity. 

What happened to all the accountability?

49 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

What a horrible, delusional guy he is.

I’m going to defend Farrell a wee bit here. I don’t actually think he is a bad guy, off the park he’s been a breath of fresh air compared to the likes of Jim Duffy - he didn’t bother his arse to turn up to a single social event organised by the Trust or club volunteers, including the POTY awards do. Farrell always seems to go out of his way to attend these sort of things and I think he deserves a bit of credit for that. Anyone I know who has had any dealings with him all have him down as a helpful, decent guy. 

His interviews aren’t great, he’s clearly talking nonsense but I think that’s probably because he’s trying to save face a bit. His pride is clearly dented because he cares. Again compare that to Jim Duffy who came across like he didn’t give a flying f**k about anything. 

As a manager he’s absolutely hopeless and he should be out of a job. He should’ve been  out on his arse at the end of last season but I think some of the personal abuse being directed at him on Twitter is in really bad taste. His managerial ability is not up for debate but I really don’t think some of the abuse he’s gettin on social media is reflecting well on us as a support. People are obviously frustrated and people are getting defensive because he has got to the point he is waffling absolute shite in post match interviews, I referred to him as a clown a few pages back, but I think in the cold light of day too many of us are confusing a terrible manager with a bad person, which I’m not sure Stevie Farrell is. 

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m going to defend Farrell a wee bit here. I don’t actually think he is a bad guy, off the park he’s been a breath of fresh air compared to the likes of Jim Duffy - he didn’t bother his arse to turn up to a single social event organised by the Trust or club volunteers, including the POTY awards do. Farrell always seems to go out of his way to attend these sort of things and I think he deserves a bit of credit for that. Anyone I know who has had any dealings with him all have him down as a helpful, decent guy. 

His interviews aren’t great, he’s clearly talking nonsense but I think that’s probably because he’s trying to save face a bit. His pride is clearly dented because he cares. Again compare that to Jim Duffy who came across like he didn’t give a flying f**k about anything. 

As a manager he’s absolutely hopeless and he should be out of a job. He should’ve been  out on his arse at the end of last season but I think some of the personal abuse being directed at him on Twitter is in really bad taste. His managerial ability is not up for debate but I really don’t think some of the abuse he’s gettin on social media is reflecting well on us as a support. People are obviously frustrated and people are getting defensive because he has got to the point he is waffling absolute shite in post match interviews, I referred to him as a clown a few pages back, but I think in the cold light of day too many of us are confusing a terrible manager with a bad person, which I’m not sure Stevie Farrell is. 

I don’t agree. He’s a delusional egomaniac, who’s far too keen to blame everyone else, including the supporters, other than himself. His continual gaslighting of the support is completely intentional and nasty. Failure on the pitch is one thing (it happens) but his attitude make it 10x worse. He is the one exacerbating the divide here, not the fans, by firing shots at them, rather than apologising and thanking them for their support.

Just now, FifeSons said:

I don’t agree. He’s a delusional egomaniac, who’s far too keen to blame everyone else, including the supporters, other than himself. His continual gaslighting of the support is completely intentional and nasty. Failure on the pitch is one thing (it happens) but his attitude make it 10x worse. He is the one exacerbating the divide here, not the fans, by firing shots at them, rather than apologising and thanking them for their support.

There are probably thousands examples of football managers acting in a similar way, it doesn’t make them a bad person deserving of personal abuse on social media. At the end of the day it’s a game of fitba, his words aren’t that hurtful and personally I’m not particularly arsed about his opinion, nor am I remotely offended. 

Jimmy Saville was a bad person. Maggie Thatcher was a bad person. Stevie Farrell doesn’t really fall into that category for me. 

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

To be fair to him an abnormally high percentage of our supporters come across as incredibly unintelligent. Unfortunately for him a good proportion of them are the ones that are actually backing him.

Ally Love announcing he's away, it just never really worked for him as I don't think we ever really worked out how to actually use him. Seemed to drift in and out the team and never in any set position. He seemed at his best coming off the bench and getting in folks faces (literally a lot of the time) and playing off a striker which we never tended to use as a tactic in my opinion. 

A strangely angry man as well giving us the whole Lowry affair and managing to nearly get sent off after scoring a goal against Forfar.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There are probably thousands examples of football managers acting in a similar way, it doesn’t make them a bad person deserving of personal abuse on social media. At the end of the day it’s a game of fitba, his words aren’t that hurtful and personally I’m not particularly arsed about his opinion, nor am I remotely offended. 

Jimmy Saville was a bad person. Maggie Thatcher was a bad person. Stevie Farrell doesn’t really fall into that category for me. 

Minors, miners and coal hearted?