Sons' sorrow

I think I know the answer, but could the council give the Trust a loan to buy the club? I suppose even if they could, they probably wouldn't. I was looking at Dulwich's situation, and its not too dissimilar to ours, regarding the land.

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

True. I suppose the Trust rep might have been able to report back something, though.

Possibly has been things said but it doesn't seem to have been addressed anywhere from the club.

On another related point when looking to see if there was anything on the website I found this:

Screenshot_20230515-2115342.thumb.jpg.d7cf7d79365b7678f393fcc0de9f4c4f.jpg

From an article titled "“THE PROSPECT OF A BRIGHT NEW FUTURE" - Link

If this is the bright future I'm absolutely dreading the dark days

10 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Possibly has been things said but it doesn't seem to have been addressed anywhere from the club.

On another related point when looking to see if there was anything on the website I found this:

Screenshot_20230515-2115342.thumb.jpg.d7cf7d79365b7678f393fcc0de9f4c4f.jpg

From an article titled "“THE PROSPECT OF A BRIGHT NEW FUTURE" - Link

If this is the bright future I'm absolutely dreading the dark days

Grim. The owners, chairman and manager (in that order, with the owners being by far the priority) all need to go for the good of the club.

Edited by FifeSons

46 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Grim. The owners, chairman and manager (in that order, with the owners being by far the priority) all need to go for the good of the club.

If it's the club ownership you are interested in, then the company named MoreHomes DFC Limited is worth the watching on Companies House.  An application to renew the (now lapsed) original provisional* Planning Consent for 32 flats and 5 dwelling houses on two parcels of land to the North of the football ground has been submitted by this company, only this time for 40 flats and 9 dwelling houses.  The application will go before the full Planning Committee of WDC next month and the outcome  could have considerable implications for the football club.  

* The original consent was granted subject to satisfactory soil samples being provided, and far as I am aware this has never ever been complied with.

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If it's the club ownership you are interested in, then the company named MoreHomes DFC Limited is worth the watching on Companies House.  An application to renew the (now lapsed) original provisional* Planning Consent for 32 flats and 5 dwelling houses on two parcels of land to the North of the football ground has been submitted by this company, only this time for 40 flats and 9 dwelling houses.  The application will go before the full Planning Committee of WDC next month and the outcome  could have considerable implications for the football club.  

* The original consent was granted subject to satisfactory soil samples being provided, and far as I am aware this has never ever been complied with.

Thanks, OKI. That'll keep me busy on my lunch hour. I vaguely recall that, but can you remind me how The Norwegian and H**ie have been able to do this with the land? Is this the same land that Rankine has/had a claim on?

Its so nice that the Chairman has declared war on the fans, rather than the crooks leading us off a cliff.

All of the securities documents regarding the development land are available on the Companies House website. If you've got a spare bit of time then they're worth checking out. Of interest should be the names of those signing the agreement on Dumbarton's side and the dates that they were signed. Particularly with regards to when said directors were appointed to the club board.

I can stick something more specific online after work. The government web filter doesn't seem to like PnB these days. But directors being appointed to the club board on the same date that they signed security over the development land to Pendragon would suggest that this was some time in the making. It did not happen by chance.

Very minor in the great scheme of things I know.....

But the latest club tweet has 50% off the away kit which would mean we'll get a replacement for it in new season with white kit remaining. Which is fair enough.

8 minutes ago, PWL said:

Very minor in the great scheme of things I know.....

But the latest club tweet has 50% off the away kit which would mean we'll get a replacement for it in new season with white kit remaining. Which is fair enough.

Thanks for the heads-up. Definitely going to buy it now.

Great deals on the training stuff, too. All is forgiven, Dr McKay!

image.png.f5e57e1ef6c385499355a28e86d0d255.png

Edited by FifeSons

Bit of a dissapointment as I think the away shirt is a cracking design (Boghead could have been more visible maybe) but I understand the need to try and get some new shirt revenue next season.

Also this sale appears to be no use for the more slender genlteman.

Edited by GordyBrow

15 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Do we know anything about Matthew Atkinson?

Presumably the £3.1m tangible assets is the land the ground is on?

Edited by FifeSons

15 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

I see we have a new chief scout....wonder who we'll get in to play ?

Screenshot_20230516-142531_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1c81e55c50ad0cae1bc154c733a84213.jpg

Dumbarton Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Kenny Morrison as the clubs new Chief Scout and Head of Talent Identification.

The 50-year-old arrives at The Rock from Cowdenbeath, where he was chief scout at the Central Park side and set up the entire scouting network.

As well as the Blue Brazil, Morrison has also held posts with Doncaster Rovers, AFC Wimbeldon and Forfar Athletic.

Morrison has met with boss Stevie Farrell and assistant Frank McKeown and will begin in his new role immediately.

He told the clubs website: “I’m delighted to be appointed at Dumbarton, especially so as it’s such a historic season for the club.

“A lot of background work has already taken place, with myself and my network of Scouts fully aware of the task at hand.

“I’d like to thank the gaffer for bringing me in; the engagement and direction has been excellent already.

“Hopefully this will add to the strong footballing foundations already in place as everyone looks to bring success to the club and to a fanbase who deserve to see their club further up the SPFL pyramid.”

Welcome to DFC, Kenny!

Disappointing to see McNiff go. He wasn't good going forward but he was very solid defensively. Other than that playoff game. I'd be seriously concerned if we start the season with Wylde at left back. If Buchanan goes then we're looking for 3 new signings for our back 4. That's a worry.