Sons' sorrow

29 minutes ago, super-son said:

You’ve got to look at it with a view to getting promoted this year.

If we get promoted and Finlay Gray has made a good contribution towards that, then 10k is a pittance compared to the prize money and the resulting prize money in the years to come in the league above compared to what we get now.

If we can keep him and his head is in the right place then I would be delighted.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see that Ryan McGeever appears to have signed for Broomhill. Has his move to Dubai fallen through or something?

Believe it's only a short term deal until he moves out there (I guess when the schools go back, which will line up with the English holidays).

6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Distinct lack of information about tonight's dead rubber cup game. No preview. No idea if we're struggling with knocks or if we'll have anybody back. Not really encouraging folk to travel up is it?

The guy who normally does the preview is on a break at the moment with a few things going on in his personal life, and his replacement is away on holiday. So that probably explains why.

It's not a great look, granted. But those are the reasons behind it.

Based on what Faz said on Saturday, here's how we're likely to look. I'm not sure if Finlay could feature:

Blair Malcolm, Declan Byrne, Carlo Pignatiello and Callum Wilson will all definitely miss the visit to Dens Park.

Late checks will be made on Kalvin Orsi, who pulled out in the warmup for Saturday’s game and Jinky Hilton who has been battling illness.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

The guy who normally does the preview is on a break at the moment with a few things going on in his personal life, and his replacement is away on holiday. So that probably explains why.

It's not a great look, granted. But those are the reasons behind it.

Based on what Faz said on Saturday, here's how we're likely to look. I'm not sure if Finlay could feature:

Thats it settled then. A night in.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thats it settled then. A night in.

If it wasn't A) My job and B) Only 50 minutes up the road then I'd be doing the same.

I hate Dens Park and Dundee too. It's nothing personal, just that we always seem to lose to them. Last time I was there midweek we lost 5-0 and I vowed I wouldn't be doing that again...

21 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I’m minded to go, only because in 30 years following the club I’ve never seen us beat a sitting premier league team and it has to happen at some point surely. 

Punishment beating incoming. 

Virtually no chance of breaking that duck tonight.Its a case of damage limitation in terms of score and personnel.The real stuff starts on the 5th.