Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, you want a shitey wee team at home every round until it becomes impossible to draw a shitey wee team at home. On that basis, Rangers at home please. 

Yeah, I think that’s probably what I’d prefer tbh, since you’d get the prize money for going further, then the big payday, too.

Just now, FifeSons said:

Knowing our luck it’ll probs be ICT away.

Some turnaround from being 2 down to BOD. Fair play to Faz. Ruth and R.Wallace are absolute quality. Best strike partnership we’ve had in a long time.

We are in good form, 7 wins out of our last 8 now, if a bit of Cup cash helps us bring in a player or two in January, all the better to hopefully get us out of this League.

I was getting regular texts from half-time onwards and by God that was torture.   Apparently at 4-3 down Aidan Smith hit the post with a header and that would have been lights out.  However, what resilience we showed and that's great too see with two really tough league games coming up.  It's great to be able to look forward to the draw (until we land up at Kirkcaldy).

I'm also delighted to see Jinky Hilton getting on the scoresheet and by all accounts it was a cracker, but Ross McLean getting booked for a needless dive in the box wasn't so clever.  But well done Sons and safe journey to all who travelled.

Oh, and don't consult @Jan Vojáček or @BallochSonsFan for the lottery numbers. 

I don't think it was a dive. Defender definitely makes contact - he's stretching for the tackle and gets nothing of the ball. Catches MacLean.

An absolutely wild game. First half their keeper kept them in it. 2nd half he did a fair job trying to keep them ahead. Some issues with the 2md half performance, but a late equaliser to take it to extra time and then coming from 4-3 down shows incredible fight and desire.

It was a cracking game to watch. A real shame that TV won't show any highlights. That was the kind of cup tie that is a great advert for the lower leagues.

53 minutes ago, Neilly said:

A hokey cokey of emotions for the Sons fans today. Faz was in, out, in, out and shaking it all about today.

Credit to Uncle Faz. 

I went from absolutely loving Dumbarton Football Club to utterly despising us within 10 minutes of the 2nd half kicking off. Thankfully the day finished with this fickle arsehole thinking DFC were the dugs danglies.

That was one of the most exhilarating, exhausting and downright incredible 120 minutes of my life.

We were well worthy of the win and, but for some inspired goalkeeping by Greg Fleming, we would've scored eight or nine. It says a lot when a goalkeeper who conceded five is still probably the Man of the Match.

This team looks to have something about it. A mixture of the sheer grit and desire of Michael Ruth and Finlay Gray. And the quality on the bench of Jinky Hilton. A really good bunch by the looks of it. And a game that I don't think I'll ever forget.

It really was an unbelievable game. 2-0 in the first half didnt flatter us in any way. Fleming stopped it from being at least 4. He also did well to get a strong hand on an early 2nd half Michael Ruth chance about a minute before Annan got their first. 3-0 would probably have killed the game, but 2-1 let the home side back into it. I thought that we were really badly exposed down our right hand side in the 2nd half. Annan clearly saw something they could try to exploit. It's credit to the guys that we were able to grab a late equaliser to take the game to extra time. And to again pick the heads up when we went 4-3 down. in the first period of extra time. I'd love it if there was a video of the Max Kilsby incident in the 2nd period of extra time. His backwards almost stamp into a Son's player's shin was genuinely nasty. It was an incident that threatened to boil over, but one that the officials had no chance of seeing. Kilsby knows he can do it because of the number of players around him. It was nasty.