Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That is just utterly inexplicable.

They even had the nerve to gaslight the fanbase with several club statements about what an unbelievable, record-breaking season we had last year (after getting tanked 6-0 in the first leg of the playoff semis, throwing away a 10 point lead and being the second-worst form side in the league for the second half of the season, with only Elgin, who beat us twice in that time, gaining fewer points).

Edited by FifeSons

That’s 11 points we’ve now thrown away from 80+ mins this season. (well, technically 9 since we were drawing with Clyde at 80 mins). Though, we did gain late points against Forfar and East Fife at home tbf.

Bonnyrigg (a) 1-0 up, FT 1–1, conceded 81’
Spartans (h) 1-0 up, FT 1-1, conceded 90’
Peterhead (h) 0-0, FT 0-1, conceded 85’
Stenhousemuir (h) 0-0, FT 0-1, conceded 87’
Clyde (h) 4-2 up, FT 4-4, conceded 90’, 90+2’
Peterhead (a) 1-0 up, FT 3-1, conceded 82’, 90’, 90+2’

As a completely pointless fact, if all those games had ended at 80 mins, we’d be 5 points behind Stenny, with a game in hand. As great a run as they’ve been on, trailing them by 16 points is surely unacceptable.

Edited by FifeSons

Rangers tickets sold out to ST holders without a public sale. That's hopefully a good sign that anyone there will be with a Sons fan, and therefore there shouldn't be big pockets of away fans to bam up our own supporters.

I'll be astonished if many of those have gone to Dumbarton fans. From what I heard, there were certainly Sevco fans buying half season tickets to get around it and buy an extra one, too.

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Rangers tickets sold out to ST holders without a public sale. That's hopefully a good sign that anyone there will be with a Sons fan, and therefore there shouldn't be big pockets of away fans to bam up our own supporters.

Fingers crossed, Jan, but I'll be surprised if there still aren't loads of them in the home end.

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Fingers crossed, Jan, but I'll be surprised if there still aren't loads of them in the home end.

I think there will be, but if they're with a Sons fan then I'd imagine they'll be better behave than a big clump from the Pride of the Rock Flute Band.

I only bought tickets for family. But if I was going to pick up some for my Rangers supporting pals then I'd be choosing carefully! 

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I think there will be, but if they're with a Sons fan then I'd imagine they'll be better behave than a big clump from the Pride of the Rock Flute Band.

I only bought tickets for family. But if I was going to pick up some for my Rangers supporting pals then I'd be choosing carefully! 

True.

It's not a game I'm massively looking forward, too. Much like this season, it'll be good to just get it over with.

I do apologise if this is me being a miserable cynical b*****d but I just don't believe for a second that our normal season ticket holders have bought 900 tickets for this. We have barely 300 of them yet they all want 3 tickets each? 

If there isn't a full section of mutants from some obscure towns supporters club I'll be shocked.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

I'll be astonished if many of those have gone to Dumbarton fans. From what I heard, there were certainly Sevco fans buying half season tickets to get around it and buy an extra one, too.

Can I just say, spending £120 to get a match ticket for a shitey cup tie is hilariously tribal behaviour. 

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Should’ve given Rangers no ticket allocation and we would’ve ended up with 1,800+ season ticket holders. 

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I do apologise if this is me being a miserable cynical b*****d but I just don't believe for a second that our normal season ticket holders have bought 900 tickets for this. We have barely 300 of them yet they all want 3 tickets each? 

If there isn't a full section of mutants from some obscure towns supporters club I'll be shocked.

Yeah, I'm trying to do the calculations and can'twork it out. Do we have 450 season ticket holders? As far as I was aware, it was season ticket + 1 so that would suggest that half the number of tickets sold was equal to (or less than since not every season ticket holder had to take their tickets) the number of season ticket holders.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nah I had thought the same, we've either had a massive influx of season ticket holders or something else is going on. I can only assume the extra hospitality is also in the home end?

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can I just say, spending £120 to get a match ticket for a shitey cup tie is hilariously tribal behaviour. 

I suppose if they did, the season ticket would allow them to buy an extra ticket, so they could split the £120 between them. I bet loads of them would've (and did!) happily paid a £60 premium for a ticket.

Edited by FifeSons

I bought a half ticket and asked the guy how many we had. 100 plus ordinary 100 plus concession and about 100 junior. Remember for this game players and comps will be greater than normsl

Hospitality over the 2 halls must be about 150 or so ??

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I suppose if they did, the season ticket would allow them to buy an extra ticket, so they could split the £120 between them. I bet loads of them would've (and did!) happily paid a £60 premium for a ticket.

The £120 was the hospitality price was it not? The half season ticket was cheaper again though...