Sons' sorrow

I'm quite content that the felt club have felt moved to come out and clarify points around our ownership. Not because I particularly care about them being misquoted or anything but simply anything that generates more press/public interest in this space is worth it in my view.

I'd be curious as to how the board do not have "acquiescence on matters of club ownership" rather than them just saying they don't and giving no absolutely no evidence in the past or present to that point. 

Another example of the shambolic nature of DFC right now.

Matchday info post goes live on the website about 45 minutes ago advising that there will be limited disabled parking only on the stadium footprint and warning fans that cars causing an obstruction to the residents would be removed. 30 minutes later and they've changed it to parking available on site for £3.

This is probably a minor complaint if things were otherwise running well, but it points to a complete lack of professionalism from the club, It's not a typo. It's not parking £30 instead of £3. It's not the club twitter praising a player for taking a hard shit from outside the box that the keeper lets slip through his hands. When the info was posted initially? There was no on site parking for fans. Now? £3 as it was on Saturday.

So what changed? Why did we go from parking on Saturday to no parking tonight? And then back to parking tonight?

It's not a typo. So what is it?

6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Matchday info post goes live on the website about 45 minutes ago advising that there will be limited disabled parking only on the stadium footprint and warning fans that cars causing an obstruction to the residents would be removed. 30 minutes later and they've changed it to parking available on site for £3.

This is probably a minor complaint if things were otherwise running well, but it points to a complete lack of professionalism from the club, It's not a typo. It's not parking £30 instead of £3. It's not the club twitter praising a player for taking a hard shit from outside the box that the keeper lets slip through his hands. When the info was posted initially? There was no on site parking for fans. Now? £3 as it was on Saturday.

So what changed? Why did we go from parking on Saturday to no parking tonight? And then back to parking tonight?

b5gQRHNMuDii.gif

22 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

b5gQRHNMuDii.gif

I've seen it suggested that it's because there will be some ground work being carried out in relation to soil samples/bore holes relating to the proposed property development.

If thats the case then the club needs to come out and say that.

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I've seen it suggested that it's because there will be some ground work being carried out in relation to soil samples/bore holes relating to the proposed property development.

If thats the case then the club needs to come out and say that.

Nothing would surprise me.

The Council haven't approved any development yet though?

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

Nothing would surprise me.

The Council haven't approved any development yet though?

Previous applications were dependent partly on satisfactory soil samples and ground investigative work being carried out.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Previous applications were dependent partly on satisfactory soil samples and ground investigative work being carried out.

Who the hell would want a house that close to a football ground, particularly if the pipe-dream of an artificial surface happened and the stadium was in use all week long.

40 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

We are clutching at straws if this is what we are resorting to sticking a boot in for.

Park outside the stadium in the surrounding streets and save yourself the £3.  Just don't park infront of anyones driveway on castle road.  Simple.

3 minutes ago, Victor mcdade said:

We are clutching at straws if this is what we are resorting to sticking a boot in for.

Park outside the stadium in the surrounding streets and save yourself the £3.  Just don't park infront of anyones driveway on castle road.  Simple.

Ohh Neil Oh Neil GIF - Ohh Neil Oh Neil GIFs

1 minute ago, Victor mcdade said:

Not really the point. Parking itself isnt really the issue. The issue is why the club originally said that there would be no parking and what the reason for that no parking was.

For a long time now we've been looking for answers to some pretty serious matters from the club. Radio silence. We know that the owners are still dead set on developing the land around the ground. The first time the club breaks it's silence is to challenge assertions made in the local press. We then have fans unable to park at the club - except that now we're able to again.

If this change is going to happen as a way of progressing a property development that's deeply unpopular with the fans then the club needs to be far more open and transparent and far more willing to engage with the support. If we're going to be prevented from parking at the club because the owners need to do some ground work for their development? The club might not want to explicitly state that, but they do owe the fans that much.

Which should form part of a far wider state of the nation address by our club board. Communication with fans on important club matters has been absolutely non-existent for far too long.

11 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Is it not bizarre (maybe not so, given the muppets running out club) that we will move kick off by an hour to save a few bob in leccy, but won't stream a match which would make us money with - little to no overheads to do so?

They advertised it as being streamed, too. I raised it with the SLO and he said he’d pass it on. Still nothing, though, so doesn’t look like it’s happening.

13 hours ago, FifeSons said:

They advertised it as being streamed, too. I raised it with the SLO and he said he’d pass it on. Still nothing, though, so doesn’t look like it’s happening.

Our owners are huge Dumbarton fans so I imagine they will be unhappy at missing out last night.