Sons' sorrow

All the best to Sean, done us a good turn on a promotion season. 

I actually think this might work out okay, I did think he was probably the weakest part of our defence and League 1 may have been a step too far. Hopefully we can get someone decent in, would be happy with Gall Lennon. 

I think that may be a bit of a blessing in disguise, depending on who his replacement is of course. He done well enough in the league below when he was paired with Durnan but the defence always looked like a disaster when it was Crighton paired with someone else. He was one of the ones I had doubts over when it came to making the step up.

Hopefully it frees up a decent wage and it can be invested wisely. 

Good luck to Sean Crighton, he gave his all and I wish him well - I seem to recall a number of our players tipping him for coaching/management.

In truth though, and like the others, I think it's a good move for both parties.  Durnan with a left-footed partner has a balance about it and an opportunity may have arisen here for Cammy Clark, or perhaps Faz will look to bring someone in.  Shiels could do a job but I'd rather have his presence further up the pitch.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Good luck to Sean Crighton, he gave his all and I wish him well - I seem to recall a number of our players tipping him for coaching/management.

In truth though, and like the others, I think it's a good move for both parties.  Durnan with a left-footed partner has a balance about it and an opportunity may have arisen here for Cammy Clark, or perhaps Faz will look to bring someone in.  Shiels could do a job but I'd rather have his presence further up the pitch.

In the article on the OS Farrell is quoted as saying…

It does mean that we will have to now look to replace Sean as we move forward through the transfer window.

Hopefully that means we will see a like for like replacement, although it does sound like this has caught Farrell off guard. 

I have a feeling that all of this may have happened fairly quickly and Farrell will have been caught off guard a little. However, there is still plenty of time to find a replacement and I am hoping we might bring in someone younger. Maybe not as young as Lennon but 25-30 with the right balance of pace and experience would be ideal IMO.

It's such an important position and Farrell really has to get right if we want to compete next season.

56 minutes ago, super-son said:

I have a feeling that all of this may have happened fairly quickly and Farrell will have been caught off guard a little. However, there is still plenty of time to find a replacement and I am hoping we might bring in someone younger. Maybe not as young as Lennon but 25-30 with the right balance of pace and experience would be ideal IMO.

It's such an important position and Farrell really has to get right if we want to compete next season.

Obviously no idea how long the whole process took or whether he even let the club know, but applications for this position ended back in late April so it's unlikely to have been totally last minute.

Probably a good time to play The Caley as they look a long way away from getting their shit together but seeing it all laid out just hammers home what a tough season this will be. I am very much looking forward to it though. 

Out of interest, I just looked at train prices for Inverness from Glasgow thinking I might be able to get a deal a month in advance. 

Best I can see is £71.50. 😯

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

Out of interest, I just looked at train prices for Inverness from Glasgow thinking I might be able to get a deal a month in advance. 

With a Railcard I got mine from Dunblane to Inverness for £27 return. Although I've just looked at it on the Trainline and it would've been £23.45 if I'd bought a ticket from Glasgow rather than 40 miles closer to Inverness up here. Someone will need to explain that to me.

That was with split and save or whatever they call it when your journey is broken down to save money.

24 minutes ago, PWL said:

Can get it for £45. Not sure how, but the ticket splitter site I checked had a provisional cost of £45. Usually involves splitting your ticket at Perth.