Sons' sorrow

You said you shouldn't be signing players from us. Andy Robertson and Blair Spittal obviously wouldn't have been up to the mark for a side that we recently put out of a cup competition. To be fair, you look to be a lone zoomer among your fans, who were nothing but magnanimous towards us the other week.

if darren miller was as good as those two, a bigger team would have came in for him. They didnt, he's not, we shouldn't have signed him.

if darren miller was as good as those two, a bigger team would have came in for him. They didnt, he's not, we shouldn't have signed him.

Just because a player isn't deemed good enough to be at the same level as others (Robertson, spittal etc) doesn't mean to say he's not good enough for us.

That's like saying we shouldn't have took Cawley, routledge, gibson etc because no premier league teams wanted them.

Considering Miller played with the same junior club as Garry Fleming, "not signing from the likes of Queens Park" seems a bit illogical. Unless you consider QP to be of lesser standard.

in my opinion or according to the league tables?

There's some absolute daft comments being thrown about here. We never saw Miller so its hard to comment on how good he really is. I'd take a player from a Sunday league team if he's good enough.

Smith never really impressed so I'm hardly gutted to meet him go.

Edited by untitled00

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1440796001.760083.jpg

He being a bitter wee p***k? f**k him if so.

It does appear that way, although he'll no doubt claim it's unrelated.

Maybe this is our first sign that he did have a bad attitude and, as you say, we don't need someone like that.

Pretty chuffed with our start to the season. When the fixtures came out it could easily have been 0 points from 4 tough games, 6 points is a good return and hopefully we can kick on from here and finish comfortably above livi, alloa and Morton. Last night's game at falkirk could easily have gone differently had we not shipped 2 soft early goals. I think a lot of teams will be wary of us this season, saying that we still look short up front, hopefully Ross will be a wee gem and bang them in

Anything but 3 points against Alloa at home is disappointing. Better find out shooting boots, 6 points from our next 3 games would be perfect.

Alloa (H), Morton (A), Sevco (H).

8th Place last year had 27 pts, 40 pts the year before 36 pts the year before that..

If someone said you could be sitting on 12 points the first 6 games, I'd have bitten there hand off. So heres hoping it happens!

Edited by Darren1872

Aye, enough already about Miller etc., the pressing concern is our current and total lack of a cutting edge. We had better hope this lad Ross can bring something, and soon

The horrific defending in the first 15mins last night aside, I'm really liking the look of the rest of the team, but it's as you say, it's the cutting-edge up front that's our main downfall.

We've scored enough goals so far to take 6 points from the first four games, which is a decent return. Whether the goals come from set-pieces or not doesn't bother me, it's the fact that we don't threaten at all from open play that's the worry.

Let's hope this lad Ross isn't a huge worker and he plies the main part of his trade inside the penalty box.

Took in the Stenny v Cowden game since we had a free Saturday. Smith came on for Nish after 17 minutes (Cowden were already 2-0 down at this point) and I thought he did pretty well. Didn't ever look like scoring but he was playing some good balls and making the right kind of runs. Think it all comes down to him just not being good enough to play in the Championship. Alan Cook seems to be doing pretty well at League 1 level too - he had a great game.

I've seen Alan Cook play a few times since he left us and he's been the stand out on the park. Good guy aswell.

Every time I hear about him he's at a different club. I remember him scoring against us for Stirling Albion and saying how it was nice "to rub our faces in it for letting him go". Never really cared much for him since then. Undoubtedly has a lot of talent, but his attitude seems to be a bit suspect.

Every time I hear about him he's at a different club. I remember him scoring against us for Stirling Albion and saying how it was nice "to rub our faces in it for letting him go". Never really cared much for him since then. Undoubtedly has a lot of talent, but his attitude seems to be a bit suspect.

He's a good guy. I worked with him for a good couple of years. I think with us he was young and eager to play. If he stays injury free I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the step up to this league. Left pegged goal scoring midfielders are hard to come by.