Sons' sorrow

Boy I know claims we are looking at someone from hearts on loan, presumably a reserve striker I'd imagine.

Wouldn't count on this being true as his last rumour was a stinker, but he did tell me about us loaning Kieran macdonald before anyone had heard of him.

Soufian El Hassnaoui.

Just out of Morrisons there, nice bit of haddock they've got in. Darren Barr expected to sign tonight, she says.

Good stuff. Not a striker, but important nonetheless.

Soufian El Hassnaoui.

Is that what you've heard from Morrisons or are you just naming fringe strikers at Hearts?

Would definitely get a name like that on the back of my top. Wouldn't even care if he was the next Chris Duggan.

Good player. Never really got a decent crack in two spells with us for some odd reason.

I remember being quite impressed by him when you lot beat us 3-0 in April last year.

From my match report:

"It came as a relief when Oyenuga — who had been at the heart of every good Cowdenbeath move — came off to be replaced by on-loan Hearts youngster Robbie Buchanan.

Buchanan looked every bit as creative as the man he had replaced. Only the assistant's flag prevented him from adding a fourth goal with a high finish from inside the penalty area.

The same player then went round Rogers, but took an extra touch which forced him wide. His eventual cross evaded everyone in the box, before trickling out for a throw-in."

What sort of player is he CC?

I remember being quite impressed by him when you lot beat us 3-0 in April last year.

From my match report:

"It came as a relief when Oyenuga who had been at the heart of every good Cowdenbeath move came off to be replaced by on-loan Hearts youngster Robbie Buchanan.

Buchanan looked every bit as creative as the man he had replaced. Only the assistant's flag prevented him from adding a fourth goal with a high finish from inside the penalty area.

The same player then went round Rogers, but took an extra touch which forced him wide. His eventual cross evaded everyone in the box, before trickling out for a throw-in."

What sort of player is he CC?

Runs at players and can go past them with pace or trickery. Drags defences about chasing him.

Shot shy though. Gets himself into good positions but seems reluctant to pull the trigger.

Puts me in mind of Greg Stewart a few years ago.

Edited by CowdenConvert

Runs at players and can go past them with pace or trickery. Drags defences about chasing him.

Shot shy though. Gets himself into good positions but seems reluctant to pull the trigger.

Puts me in mind of Greg Stewart a few years ago.

The last bit of your post has made me very excited. Was always very jealous of Stewart.

He sounds decent, although we really could do with someone who was clinical infront of goal. With one senior striker on the books he sounds like he could be a very decent asset indeed.

How come he didn't play much at Cowden?

The last bit of your post has made me very excited. Was always very jealous of Stewart.

He sounds decent, although we really could do with someone who was clinical infront of goal. With one senior striker on the books he sounds like he could be a very decent asset indeed.

How come he didn't play much at Cowden?

No idea last season but when he did get a chance him and Nish had a decent partnership going. This season he had a run early season when we were chronic defensively. I guess Nish had to make changes and he was one of the fall guys. TBF when Smith got his run he formed a good partnership with Spence so Buchanan never got another sniff.

Heard that he asked to go back early as he was as well sitting on Hearts bench as ours. We now seemed to have signed a similar looking player on loan from Partick which makes it even stranger.

There's a lot of wild speculation masquerading as fact on this thread right now. Let us all pause for breath until Dennis Wyness actually puts pen to paper.

Funny you should mention him, I looked him up last night and apparently he's still playing with Buckie Thistle.

At least he won't have lost any of his pace.