Sons' sorrow

Interesting signing. Certain looks full of potential from the clips posted above.

Do we have some sort of contact at Sheff Utd? Who was the other boy we had on loan from there? Centre-half. Decent player if I remove correctly. Hopefully this chap will be another positive loan from our pals in Sheffield.

Just need that elusive 20-goals a season striker now.

Interesting signing. Certain looks full of potential from the clips posted above.

Do we have some sort of contact at Sheff Utd? Who was the other boy we had on loan from there? Centre-half. Decent player if I remove correctly. Hopefully this chap will be another positive loan from our pals in Sheffield.

Aaron Barry, we were promised the next Phil Jagielka. He now plays in Ireland with Derry City.

I wonder if they have a striker we could borrow too...

Edit: In terms of connections, Neill Collins is still there I think, perhaps he's putting in a good word to Chris Morgan their 20s coach.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Aaron Barry who never really made his mark at Sheff Utd after he departed the Sons. Now playing in Ireland I believe.

I think that deal happened because Davie Weir was their gaffer at the time. Probably one of the only times Ian Murray utilised his non Edinburgh/Hibs contacts .

Verdict between Alloa fans is split regarding Mitch, would you take him to solve your striker issues?

I wouldn't have him back as a striker, or as a winger for that matter. He was great for us in the season we played free flowing, attacking football in a wide left position. He's very much a player who flits in and out of games and I always felt when the going got tough he went completely missing. The following season when we played a honking defensive system he was absolutely hopeless and I remember thinking he must have been sucking Murray's cock to stay in the starting 11 for so long before he was eventually dropped.

It has the potential to be a great signing if he can recapture the form of his singular successful season with ourselves. If you get the Mitch of 14/15 then I'm afraid you're onto plums.

FWIW he very rarely played as a striker for us and I always felt when he did he looked a bit lost. By far more effective out wide.

Please I hope I'm wrong wilf. I really like Garry Fleming but not as a striker. He drops deep wide and I don't want my striker doing that. When we have been at our best Garry wasn't up front.i cringe when we talk about another striker to play up with Garry. We need one or two with Garry to support from the middle. Then we will see the best of Garry .

Please I hope I'm wrong wilf. I really like Garry Fleming but not as a striker. He drops deep wide and I don't want my striker doing that. When we have been at our best Garry wasn't up front.i cringe when we talk about another striker to play up with Garry. We need one or two with Garry to support from the middle. Then we will see the best of Garry .

It's a fair point, he's had some great games in the middle of the park. But for me, he's the only guy we have that can play up there with any sort of presence about him. I think hoping for two strikers at this stage is ambitious. I agree with sonsanorak in that if we've got proper width then Garry has no meed to pull wide. Dropping deep is fine, he did it against Raith and quite a few times he looked to play it wide left early to Walsh and then get himself into the box. Both Cawley and Gibson like to come inside and take up space that Garry could and should be using. If we get another striker though, I reckon we have a good mixture of options.

It's a fair point, he's had some great games in the middle of the park. But for me, he's the only guy we have that can play up there with any sort of presence about him. I think hoping for two strikers at this stage is ambitious. I agree with sonsanorak in that if we've got proper width then Garry has no meed to pull wide. Dropping deep is fine, he did it against Raith and quite a few times he looked to play it wide left early to Walsh and then get himself into the box. Both Cawley and Gibson like to come inside and take up space that Garry could and should be using. If we get another striker though, I reckon we have a good mixture of options.

Good New Year Moonster ? Er, Willie left a few weeks back - think you might mean Gal ;)

we need to remember we're in a league full of full time teams who will for the most part have most of the possession, and that's why Garry drops back, to help his team mates, which is why we needed more pace in the team when on the break, which Garry is excellent at Edited by optimistic