Sons' sorrow

"Because Seb hasn't got professional status from previous clubs, under SPFL rules we cannot play him in Championship matches."

This distills to 

"We dodged a bullet"

You know, perhaps cynically, I was thinking the exact same.

Do you think anyone had seen him play outwith his time as a 20s trialist? I suspect not, and his YouTube highlights reel wasn't exactly inspiring.

Looking forward to bringing in a Cook Islands international striker with 1 goal in the American Samoan first division over the coming days.

In a climate where players stay a season or two at a club and then move on, with the club receiving little or no compensation, I don't see any particular benefit to clubs like ours of youth teams unless the cash paid by the SFA makes it worth it - I don't know on that score.

I'm sure more players who have progressed through the Celtic youth system have played for us in the last couple of seasons than those who have come through the DFC ranks.

What I don't understand is, why aren't we sending players out on loan to league 1 and league 2 clubs. I think the likes on Donald would have a much greater chance of succeeding if he was to get a run of matches at a competitive level. The boy has something to offer, even if it's not at our level.

The leagues work on a level basis. Generally Celtic and most of the Premiership clubs loan youth players out to teams in our league (the league below there own). Why can't we do the same?

"Because Seb hasn't got professional status from previous clubs, under SPFL rules we cannot play him in Championship matches."

This distills to 

"We dodged a bullet"

This just gets more bizarre....you almost get the impression that this rule was discovered this morning in one of the display cases in the foyer.

Osei-Obengo has left. But a new striker may sign before the end of the week.

So apparently the club don't know the rules.

Once a son always a son. #sonsfamily

Has anyone actually posted a Sons Ghost ix? Could be interesting. Rules....Will we go with nil to one competitive appearence then disappeared?

Manager - John Brown

Youth teams, Under 20's, are a total waste of time for a Club our size, we'll be in it for the funding received. Understandable, yet slightly dubious.

A fan can't even buy a Replica shirt from DFC, never mind the Club unearthing the next Messi.