Sons' sorrow

A taxi driver writes..... (This week driver number 666, Shug Leenail of Calton)

"I had that Moses Apiliga in the back of the cab quite a lot - about 15 years ago it was - seemed a proper gentleman he was and always gave me a big tip."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/gp-fined-and-banned-1-577924

"Used to take him to, and pick him up from the airport a lot. He was involved in discussions about Uganda. His son played football for Dumbarton you know"

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SCOTS+DOC+ON+pounds+90K+A+YEAR+FROM+NHS+SPENDS+HIS+TIME+AS+AN+MP+IN.....-a0151489582

"Heard he was involved in some iffy stuff - swindlin' money an' that. Hanging is too good for people like that. Only language they understand - thank you that'll be £40"

Next week - Driver number 1872, Bruce Hill talks about Neil Rankine

My blog's up from the Hibernian game on Saturday, it's also a year to the day since I did my first one. I hope everyone's enjoyed having my opinion shoved down their throat, and my ugly mug (I'm considerably better looking irl) plastered on the back - or more commonly second from last - page of their paper.

This week I mention Alan Stubbs' horrific bodywarmer, so it's worth reading for that alone -> clicky

Possibly the only football blog in which a rustic simpleton is pictured holding a garden fork.

I've been called a few things over the years but that is a first. Thanks for your input. Give me a shout at the next home game and I'll find a new home for the garden fork.

I've been called a few things over the years but that is a first. Thanks for your input. Give me a shout at the next home game and I'll find a new home for the garden fork.

Indeed, it was a poor attempt at smart-alec humour, no offence was intended - sincere apologies DR.

:lol:

Rest assured that I* only pick the best looking pitchfork wielding groundsmen for my blog

Well, when I say I, I have no input as to what pitchfork wielding groundsmen get in. But I'm sure someone does.

Just noticed this tweet from Chris Turner in February. A real shame if he has chucked it, was one of the best midfielders in the league a few years back. Probably the best p/t player in the country as well.

Injuries ruined last season for him, and by the looks of it this one too, so perhaps it isn't a surprise. But what a player he was on his day.

post-33799-14570405517374_thumb.jpg

Just noticed this tweet from Chris Turner in February. A real shame if he has chucked it, was one of the best midfielders in the league a few years back. Probably the best p/t player in the country as well.

Injuries ruined last season for him, and by the looks of it this one too, so perhaps it isn't a surprise. But what a player he was on his day.

That would be a real shame if true. On his day he was unplayable, it's just unfortunate that he didn't have the opportunity to have his day more often due to injury.

I'd wish him all the best in his future, he was one of the best midfielders the club have had in recent times.

Incase anyone's remotely interested, Ryan McStay is leaving Annan in the summer to take over as co-manager at Shettleston Juniors. His sidekick? A man who seemed to score against the Sons on a disgustingly regular basis - Peter Weatherson.

Incase anyone's remotely interested, Ryan McStay is leaving Annan in the summer to take over as co-manager at Shettleston Juniors. His sidekick? A man who seemed to score against the Sons on a disgustingly regular basis - Peter Weatherson.

Weatherson has had a great couple of seasons down there and has bagged a lot of goals. Could probably have been playing a league higher if he had wanted to. But had clearly decided he didn't want to travel and things so was happy at Annan.

Weatherson has had a great couple of seasons down there and has bagged a lot of goals. Could probably have been playing a league higher if he had wanted to. But had clearly decided he didn't want to travel and things so was happy at Annan.

Eh? He lives in Glasgow.

I thought he stayed in Dumfries? Either way, he was obviously happy to play there at that level because he could easily have played in the league above going by the amount of goals he was/is still scoring.

No. Stayed in Dumfries for a short while when he played for us though he originally travelled from Newcastle as we were part time at that time but he hasn't lived here since 2003 when he moved to Morton and began living in Glasgow. I think when he first signed for them he stayed in Annan for part of the week and had a day job down there but he soon moved back to Glasgow full time.