Sons' sorrow

My digging has uncovered that he is currently the top scorer in the Gilbraltar 2nd Division with 11 goals in 15 games.

I have nae idea whether that's good or bad :lol: judging by some Europa Point match reports he seems to be the main man in that league. Some words used to describe him are 'rapid' and 'powerful'

WE'RE GOING TO WIN PROMOSHIN

My digging has uncovered that he is currently the top scorer in the Gilbraltar 2nd Division with 11 goals in 15 games.

I have nae idea whether that's good or bad :lol: judging by some Europa Point match reports he seems to be the main man in that league. Some words used to describe him are 'rapid' and 'powerful'

WE'RE GOING TO WIN PROMOSHIN

Second top scorer for the team top of the league.

Dumbarton FC - Crushing promotion dreams and breaking Gibraltarian hearts since 1872

For Europa Point read Dumbarton, for College 1975 FC read 'Scottish Championship'

http://www.gibraltarfa.com/domestic-football/match/97607

There's some fantastic team names there, Football Club Boca Juniors, Olympique Gibraltar and (my personal favorites) FC Hound Dogs :lol:

He also got sent off in the big game with Leo FC

http://www.gibraltarfa.com/domestic-football/match/97615

I had just assumed that he was playing at the top level in Gibraltar but it appears he's playing in the 2nd Division...

I'd like to see how many goals you'd manage to score agains FC Hound Dogs ya dobber.

They play with a lot of bite, a right ruff lot. Certainly couldn't keep our Seb on a leash.

I'd like to see how many goals you'd manage to score agains FC Hound Dogs ya dobber.

They play with a lot of bite, a right ruff lot. Certainly couldn't keep our Seb on a leash.

Let's just hope Seb can fetch us some goals before he fleas at the end of the season. Don't terrier self up about it if he doesn't though.

Let's just hope Seb can fetch us some goals before he fleas at the end of the season. Don't terrier self up about it if he doesn't though.

We'd be barking mad not to keep him if he isn't shih tzu and manages to bang in a few.

If he can claw us away from the relegation zone I'll be delighted.

Arlan Kadima-Mptata was French IIRC. You'll be right about Okoli, forgot about him, was he not with Motherwell or someone before joining us and playing about 3 times? :lol: No idea if he's a relative or not of Emeka.

I think it's more the fact he didn't look like Neymar in the second division of Gibraltar that was concerning. I looked at some of the goalkeeping there and realised that Mark Brown would be comfortably the best 'keeper in the league!

Like you say though, he'll not be on a big wage so if he's a flop he'll be a cheaper flop than Stevie Craig. Someone to run at tired defenses for the last 10 minutes of the game, hold the ball up and maybe chip in with a goal would do me.

On the goalkeeping point, I did think that the level of 'keeping was very poor when I was watching the reel.

Your last paragraph encapsulates my thoughts on his arrival tbh. He might not be great, his level of football suggests that, but I genuinely feel that if he's interested and puts in 100% effort, whatever the output of that effort might be, then the squad will be better for it than when Steven Craig was at the club.

There's one reason there.

Another would be that he's never actually played at any level that comes close to ours. Absolutely gagging for him to smash them in and for me to be wiping more egg from my face but I'm yet to see anyone with a Youtube highlight reel make any sort of meaningful impact at any club in Scotland.

EDIT - Okoli was Obidele's cousin I'm sure.

Ok, that's a fair point. He doesn't seem to be clinical, but maybe a stint with such a famous club as ours, the best part-time side in Scotland is what he needs?

I really hope he smashes in a few goals as well, and while I'm not expectant at all (I don't know anything about the lad other than what's on here) he at the very least gives us an option upfront, something which we've been chronically lacking over the, well, the whole season actually.

To be honest, I think we should all get behind him, he's unknown, if he fails, no harm done, would you prefer we wasted a wage on another wyness, Annand, Craig? Let's be optimistic, not pessimistic.

But there's only one optimistic etc etc

To be honest, I think we should all get behind him, he's unknown, if he fails, no harm done, would you prefer we wasted a wage on another wyness, Annand, Craig? Let's be optimistic, not pessimistic.

I agree with your principle here totally, although I don't think the examples of Wyness and Annand are the best ones to use in this scenario. I'd say they did ok in their time with us, both certainly scored a handful of goals if I recall correctly. Giving Craig as an example here, definitely. He was a waste of a wage, appeared disinterested and even though he's totally unproven at this level, I'm already happier to have Seb here than I was when Craig was at the club.

I agree with your principle here totally, although I don't think the examples of Wyness and Annand are the best ones to use in this scenario. I'd say they did ok in their time with us, both certainly scored a handful of goals if I recall correctly. Giving Craig as an example here, definitely. He was a waste of a wage, appeared disinterested and even though he's totally unproven at this level, I'm already happier to have Seb here than I was when Craig was at the club.

totally agree with you, I probably was being a bit harsh on annand and wyness, but they should have scored more, probably, they were the first names to jump into my head, but I imagine their wages would have been pretty superior to this new guy, (pronunciation not figured out yet).

totally agree with you, I probably was being a bit harsh on annand and wyness, but they should have scored more, probably, they were the first names to jump into my head, but I imagine their wages would have been pretty superior to this new guy, (pronunciation not figured out yet).

I'd guess it's oh-say oh-beng-go. That's how I've been saying it in my head anyway

It's ok, we can't tell how you're pronouncing it from the way you type it.

Was going to name the whole FC Hound Dogs squad but got stuck after Jack Russell and Al Sation. I really wanted to get Giant Schnauzer in there somewhere too.

Gibraltar has a large rock. Dumbarton has a large rock. Any other places that have large rocks we can get players from. How about Ayers Rock? Any useful players from there?

There is Swiss team with a big rock behind the stand. From memory it might be Sion. Edited by Howlin' Wilf