Sons' sorrow

He's good enough. As bbpf said easily the best player I've seen here. Some laughed when I suggested Strachan took a look at him in the upcoming friendlies.

They laughed at Louis Armstrong when he said he was going to go to the moon. Now he's up there, laughing at them.

He's good enough. As bbpf said easily the best player I've seen here. Some laughed when I suggested Strachan took a look at him in the upcoming friendlies.

When you look at some of the defenders in the Scotland squad (Greer!) and the fact that Strachan has been bleating on about a lack of defensive options, it's not such a huge leap to say that Paul should at least be considered for a slot.

I'm sure that would have gone down well.

Wasn't his grandfather a former director of Celtic?

Jack McGinn, yes. Stays/stayed in Dumbarton across from St. Michael's chapel, IIRC.

I was at school with one of his sons, and there were several brothers that were at the same school at the same time as me.

Well, much to ponder after today.

With 27 points left to play for, and our advantage over Livingston being 5 points, it's still very tight and we could really do with a win and pronto following today's humbling at Palmerston.

Much work and thinking for Aitken, Faz and the players this week. Don't know what went wrong today (other than the obvious) but many more performances and more importantly results like today and we can kiss goodbye to our Championship status.

We got beat off livy in a terrible performance, then beat someone at ours. Aitken then came out and seemed quite indignant in the post match interview that the performance and standard against livy had been so heavily criticised. He repeatedly stressed that he had trust in the players.

I didnt travel today but a defeat against qots is expected. The scale of the defeat and the poor performance is surprising on the back of the last 3 games at home.

I do not believe that we have the strength in the squad to claim that our team should comfortably stay in the league. We have 5 or 6 at best.

The simple fact is our away form is fuckin horrific. Lets just hope our home form is good enough to keep us up because currently our away form is the worst in the league (aye, worse than Alloa's).

I hope the board are asking questions of Stevie because today was an utter minter. I'm keeping the faith with him but I'll be disappointed if Jardine and co aren't hauling him for a serious chat after that absolute fuckin riddy. I'd make him strip down to his boxers and do the Macarena in the the boardroom.

The simple fact is our away form is fuckin horrific. Lets just hope our home form is good enough to keep us up because currently our away form is the worst in the league (aye, worse than Alloa's).

I hope the board are asking questions of Stevie because today was an utter minter. I'm keeping the faith with him but I'll be disappointed if Jardine and co aren't hauling him for a serious chat after that absolute fuckin riddy. I'd make him strip down to his boxers and do the Macarena in the the boardroom.

Can't see Jardine doing any dancing, never mind the Macarena, TBH....

Our away form is the joint worst in the entire country. We've picked up 9 points away from home, the same as Dundee United and East Stirling.

That is simply nowhere near good enough, and if we are to slip into the playoffs, it will be the reason why.

I've covered it on the other thread, but today's performance was one of the worst in years. No fight, no shape, no quality, no commitment, no organisation and at the end it barely looked like anyone cared. 

^^^Seething

Would the real Dumbarton please stand up, we must be vying with Aberdeen for the most inconsistent team in the country. Sometimes you get turned over, that happens but by the sounds of things today's performance was unacceptable.

Get the feeling that the knives might be out for the management in the comings weeks, our form has been patchy at best and we've not put any decent run together all season.

What price on Brown starting in goal for the Morton game regardless if Jezza was culpable or not today?

Edited by albundy

Our away form is the joint worst in the entire country. We've picked up 9 points away from home, the same as Dundee United and East Stirling.

That is simply nowhere near good enough, and if we are to slip into the playoffs, it will be the reason why.

I've covered it on the other thread, but today's performance was one of the worst in years. No fight, no shape, no quality, no commitment, no organisation and at the end it barely looked like anyone cared.

^^^Seething

Would have thought you would have known it was East Stirlingshire. That sort of thing will get you into the shoddy journalism thread 😄

Would have thought you would have known it was East Stirlingshire. That sort of thing will get you into the shoddy journalism thread

I was actually going to post East Stirlingshire. But I only know one guy who refers them as that, and frankly he's a bit weird.

Very concerning. Think it would be ridiculous to punt Aitken out now but I do think the board should take action at the end of the season. These problems have been about since the second game of the season (East Fife in the cup) and all he's seemed to have managed to do is run up the wage bill. Don't want to sound too critical of him because I'm sure he's trying his hardest but it really does seem as the weeks go by he's out of his depth. Without a couple of great performances and 'lucky' results we would be in a whole lot more trouble than we already are.

I may be wrong but today looked like the players gave up not just on the game, but on the manager. Only reason I can think as to why they completely stopped playing for the last 35 minutes.