Sons' sorrow

Yep I was 16 minutes on when it was removed

Very odd. I've not seen it yet, my brother was watching it and sent me the link but when I clicked it, it was dead.

Still can't wait to see Garry's goal, every time I play it over in my mind it gets 5 yards further back and becomes more and more Zidane-esque  :lol:

Anyone else notice that SonsTV went up, then vanished?

Noticed this from ICT today, hope it's not the same at our level but it's the sort of farcical decision I'd fully expect the laughing stocks running our game to make:

https://twitter.com/ICTFC/status/724273156891009024

The rules are exactly the same. However it does depend where you get your footage from and how soon you put it up. If you film your own and it doesnt go up until the next day it can still go on YouTube I believe. You cant however use footage supplied by Sky / BT and put it on YouTube.

Edited to add - The statement from ICT is wrong also. There is no requirement for a paywall. There is however a requirement to host the footage on a club controlled site. You can show it free on your own site but if it can be accessed directly without going on the club official site then you cant put SPFL partner supplied footage on it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

The rules are exactly the same. However it does depend where you get your footage from and how soon you put it up. If you film your own and it doesnt go up until the next day it can still go on YouTube I believe. You cant however use footage supplied by Sky / BT and put it on YouTube.

Edited to add - The statement from ICT is wrong also. There is no requirement for a paywall. There is however a requirement to host the footage on a club controlled site. You can show it free on your own site but if it can be accessed directly without going on the club official site then you cant put SPFL partner supplied footage on it.

Cheers mate

Ours is filmed in house, but normally just uploaded to YouTube - I guess to save bandwidth on the os. Completely testing your knowledge here I know, but can it be put up unlisted on YouTube and then linked to from a club website? I've noticed Raith do that here, if so then that would surely be the way forward for clubs.

Cheers mate

Ours is filmed in house, but normally just uploaded to YouTube - I guess to save bandwidth on the os. Completely testing your knowledge here I know, but can it be put up unlisted on YouTube and then linked to from a club website? I've noticed Raith do that here, if so then that would surely be the way forward for clubs.

If its filmed in-house then theres no issue with it being on Youtube, whether its listed or not. Thats certainly what Queens do

With Championship status secured do any budding scouts out there have any players in mind for next season? I've been eyeing up a few I wouldn't mind seeing us sign...

Gallacher - Alloa

Anderson - Raith

Russell - Queens

Aggy - St Mirren

I reckon all of the above will be available in the summer and I reckon they would all be good signings for us.

I also wouldn't be against the lad Duffy on loan at Alloa from Celtic, although I'm not too sure I'd go for him unless he's available on a free transfer rather than wasting a vital loan.

I also think we could potentially see Conroy from Queens heading our way. Looks like he'll be released, local lad etc.

Edited to add: I'd also take Jason Marr from Alloa. Always impressed me when I've seen him.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Funnily enough I was thinking about Jason Marr the other day, mind he was on trial with us when we first came up? I would've been happy with him then, and equally as happy now.

My and my brother were speaking about summer transfer targets that would be realistic, and taking into account our links with Celtic and Stuart Millar saying we were looking at a few Alloa players.

I'd take Gallacher definitely, him and Ewings as our two 'keepers would suit me just fine. Although potentially David McGurn may be available and that would be a smashing signing. Dundee might look to loan out Mitchell if they get in a number 2 and keep Bain and he'd be decent too.

The aforementioned Marr as well I'd sign and I thought the guy Hetherington looked decent against us in March - although I have no idea if that was a one off performance.

From Celtic I'd take Lindsay back as one loan, and would like to see us try and get Aiden Nesbitt. He's clearly very highly rated, but can't buy a game on loan at Thistle. I'd imagine a few clubs might be sniffing about him in our league, but perhaps the part-time thing would suit Celtic.

If Waters gets let go by Celtic in the summer (I've no idea of his contract length) then I'd like us to bring him in permanently, think he could be a decent left-winger at this level.

I can see Beany ending up at Airdrie if he leaves Queens, but obviously I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Can't understand why they'd let him go when he's still scoring though.

Conroy would make sense, and out with Dunfermline perhaps I don't know how many other Championship clubs would want him. Same with Aggy, unless Ayr come up, who I'd be delighted to have back. He's worked with Stevie before and done well, so I don't see why not.

Grant Anderson is fairly local and has been p/t before and I reckon he's the sort of player we should be in for, would be chuffed with him.

We'll probably get a loan from St Johnstone (Craig Thompson perhaps) and I suspect Stevie might try and bring Scott 'meh' Brown back as well.

Oh and obviously Seb Osei-Obengo...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

On a brighter note we are four goals away from a total of 6000 league goals. Many clubs haven't achieved this feat Aberdeen amongst them. Thanks to super Sons fan Jim Jenkinson who revealed these to stats to me.

Jim says we'd be the 13th club to reach this total.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Assume talks on who stays won't start until after the Alloa game.

Who goes will determine what positions we are looking at and loans such as waters Walsh Lindsay will be a while away once parent clubs decide.

Wonder if Lindsay will be loaned to premier club a bit like Findlay last year.

Indication from interviews is that a lot of the regulars will be offered . Wonder if the like of tags will look for more game time somewhere

On a brighter note we are four goals away from a total of 6000 league goals. Many clubs haven't achieved this feat Aberdeen amongst them. Thanks to super Sons fan Jim Jenkinson who revealed these to stats to me.

Jim says we'd be the 13th club to reach this total.

I'd worked this out at the start of the season but by my reckoning the 6000th was the third goal in the recent qos game. However, there is some dubiety about whether a season we had in 'c' division in the fifties should count(I hadn't). There's also the wartime league which wasn't official but the SFL encouraged the clubs to play in it.