Sons' sorrow

Delighted Buchanan has signed on again, defense almost sorted, possibly midfield, up front, probably another two additions needed,

Ooft dunno about only requiring 2 more. I'd say we need at least another 5 or 6 on top of the current players (if they sign)

New players we require are:

Winger (only currently have Stirling)

Striker (only currently have Thomson and Fleming if you want to count him)

Central midfielder (Barr and Gallagher are all we have in there)

You could be looking at requiring another 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers depending on where Fleming will play or how much we plan to depend on McCallum if he signs. If we sign another winger that will only leave us with 2 so we may require cover in that department as well. I'd also like to see us try to release Brown and bring in another keeper on a lower wage as backup.

A big couple of weeks coming up for Stevie, especially now it's all but confirmed our main striker is offski. Replacing him will be a huge task.

Jamie Ewings

Craig Pettigrew Gregor Buchanan Frazer Wright ????

???? Darren Barr Garry Fleming Andy Stirling

???? Robert Thomson

Two weeks tomorrow pre-season starts....so hopefully we'll find out some more signing news soon. I'm desperate for a new signing!

Grant Gallagher instead of Wright and shift Barr to CB. Wright will be back up next season Id imagine.

A few massive signings for Stevie to now make. If Sparky leaves then we'll need a solid left-back. We need a Nade replacement - and that is a massive role to fill - and we're still needing an attacking midfielder who can score a goal or 10. How good our recruitement is in those 3 positions will define our season

That's before you even start on squad depth, but we won't start on that just now.

Over to you Stevie, here's hoping you've got a few things up your sleeve.

Ooft dunno about only requiring 2 more. I'd say we need at least another 5 or 6 on top of the current players (if they sign)

New players we require are:

Winger (only currently have Stirling)

Striker (only currently have Thomson and Fleming if you want to count him)

Central midfielder (Barr and Gallagher are all we have in there)

You could be looking at requiring another 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers depending on where Fleming will play or how much we plan to depend on McCallum if he signs. If we sign another winger that will only leave us with 2 so we may require cover in that department as well. I'd also like to see us try to release Brown and bring in another keeper on a lower wage as backup.

A big couple of weeks coming up for Stevie, especially now it's all but confirmed our main striker is offski. Replacing him will be a huge task.

I meant up top, definitely need about 5/6, attack midfielder, left back, cover for most positions

Would be happy with Docherty to resign now, probably 3 more new faces of decent quality and then look into the loan market as we have done in previous seasons to bolster the squad numbers. We have the making of a good side next year.

Still think we should go for akinfenwa lol

Am I the only one who thinks Nade going might not be a bad thing. Yes he was brilliant for us in the second half of last season. Would he repeat it next season? Very doubtful. Last season with us was the most goals he has ever scored in a season and if he had the security of another year's contract I would be surprised if we got another seven goals out of him. And he is seriously injury prone. I'd far rather we used the money on a couple of up and coming strikers if we can find them.

Jamie Ewings

Craig Pettigrew Gregor Buchanan Frazer Wright ????

???? Darren Barr Garry Fleming Andy Stirling

???? Robert Thomson

Two weeks tomorrow pre-season starts....so hopefully we'll find out some more signing news soon. I'm desperate for a new signing!

Out of interest do you expect them all to be starters come the beginning of the league campaign or do you expect them to be replaced.

Am I the only one who thinks Nade going might not be a bad thing. Yes he was brilliant for us in the second half of last season. Would he repeat it next season? Very doubtful. Last season with us was the most goals he has ever scored in a season and if he had the security of another year's contract I would be surprised if we got another seven goals out of him. And he is seriously injury prone. I'd far rather we used the money on a couple of up and coming strikers if we can find them.

I wouldn't be so concerned about the goals, my concern is the injuries, something I've mentioned in the past. I'd be worried we blew a sizeable wage on him and he spent half the season on the sidelines. In his short time with us he missed a fair whack of games.

In terms of his ability he'd be a valuble player for us. Even if the goals dried up he's a seriously effective player at this level.

Delighted Buchanan has signed on again, defense almost sorted, possibly midfield, up front, probably another two additions needed,

By my reckoning we need a left back, a baller in the midfield, right sided mid and another forward and that's just to get some balance before any competition.

Reckon we might see Barr sitting between the defence and midfield with Buchy and Fraz signed up, at least we have defensive cover in him and Pettigrew.

p.s. Just seen Donald has signed up again. Would like to see the wee man progress this season, possibly a loan is the best way for this to happen.

I would much rather had Nade than not, but you do have some valid points. I think we just move on and appreciate what a signing that was.

Out of interest do you expect them all to be starters come the beginning of the league campaign or do you expect them to be replaced.

No, probably not, I'm just slotting players into gaps at the moment (ooo err). We've only got 10 (iirc) signed up, so it the moment it's only to give a rough outline of the team.

I'd imagine Ewings, Barr, Buchanan, Fleming, Stirling and Thomson will all start our first game of the season. In what positions or formation I have no idea.

Aye, he'd be teaming up with Routledge.

I wouldn't be gutted if he left to be honest. He's a very meh RB, although looks as if he would be a very decent CB.

Did not think that the Welsh league would be trying to pinch our players. I always liked the Welsh as well, but I hope they get pumped out the Euros at the group stage (along with England obviously)

Steady on. Oswestry isn't even in Wales it's in Shropshire. Them playing in the Welsh league must be akin to Berwick Rangers' Scottish League status.

Steady on. Oswestry isn't even in Wales it's in Shropshire. Them playing in the Welsh league must be akin to Berwick Rangers' Scottish League status.

Pfft. Typical English pretending to be Welsh.

Funnily enough I noticed that when Routledge moved down. A lot gets made of Berwick playing in Scotland, or Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham playing in England. Nobody ever seems to mention the fact that the Welsh Champions play in England.

Justice for The New Saints of Oswestry Town.

The Nade situation reminds me a bit of the Craig Dargo scenario when we came up from what is now league one. Dargo had been glad to get a game, scored some vital goals and did well. Then he asked for £1200 per week to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if Nade's demands were similar to that. If that's the case then there is only one outcome.

The Nade situation reminds me a bit of the Craig Dargo scenario when we came up from what is now league one. Dargo had been glad to get a game, scored some vital goals and did well. Then he asked for £1200 per week to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if Nade's demands were similar to that. If that's the case then there is only one outcome.

£1200 p/w. Woaft. I knew Dargo priced himself out of staying with us, but I didn't realise he valued himself as worth more than double that of highest earner. 

Dargo wasn't even that good outwith the last league game of the season and the playoffs. Similar to Nade injury wise as well. No way any player that we've got or had permanently (perhaps with the exception of Paul McGinn) is worth that sort of money.