Sons' sorrow

Great goal by Thomson. If he keeps that up all season that would be great. As others have said we need another stricker but I still hold out hope in McCallum as well.

What we're people's thoughts on the Motherwell boys? If it was pretty much a development squad, anyone standout that we could take on loan? 

Bit worried tbh, an injury or two could see us in real trouble during the League campaign, with such a small squad. As it is Barr may miss the start of the season with his injury, according to the OS. I hate to sound so negative. I'm looking for a win v Forfar next Sat, anything less would be a big blow for morale, it's still the League Cup, despite the powers-that-be  fucking around with it. Would like to see us give a decent account of ourselves in the Section. 2 or 3 more signings though please Sons.

Bit worried tbh, an injury or two could see us in real trouble during the League campaign, with such a small squad. As it is Barr may miss the start of the season with his injury, according to the OS. I hate to sound so negative. I'm looking for a win v Forfar next Sat, anything less would be a big blow for morale, it's still the League Cup, despite the powers-that-be  fucking around with it. Would like to see us give a decent account of ourselves in the Section. 2 or 3 more signings though please Sons.

That's the problem with starting the league cup so early. Fans will expect it to be taken seriously because it's the league cup However clubs will still be experimenting given its the middle of the close season. Between that and the nonsense of the new Challenge cup the league really have made an arse of things

6 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

In the interview with Aitken on Sons TV, he confirms his interest in Todd and will see how he gets on in trial. Surely it's not possible for a manager to be unaware of the compo arrangement surrounding him?

Must be aware of it, it's the only reason he's without a club. 

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Annan want  £15,000 for Todd.Wonder if you will pay that.

Could always go to a tribunal but it a bit of a gamble then but Todd spent much of his early career at Carlisle so don,t see how Annan can ask for a big fee.

Not a hope in Hell.

Annan want  £15,000 for Todd.Wonder if you will pay that.

Could always go to a tribunal but it a bit of a gamble then but Todd spent much of his early career at Carlisle so don,t see how Annan can ask for a big fee.

We wont be paying 15k. We wont be in a position to pay any sort of fee unless it's in the hundres.

I think he may be stuck at Annan, or without a club for the foreseeable if that's what they are looking for. Poor boay.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We wont be paying 15k. We wont be in a position to pay any sort of fee unless it's in the hundres.

I think he may be stuck at Annan, or without a club for the foreseeable if that's what they are looking for. Poor boay.

#FreetheAnnanOne

1 minute ago, cameron2000 said:

I noticed Annan official Twitter liked a comment saying he was on trial with us

Probably gagging for someone to step in and pay £15K for someone who doesn't want to play for them. Can't see us being that club to be honest.

Just now, the snudge said:

I'd like a tweet if I was potentially getting 15k for it.

Maybe we can take him on loan and cover his wages or something with maybe McCallum or that going the other way?

Take him on loan from who? I'd imagine Annan may have used the money offered to him weeks ago. He could end up without a club. Our squads thin enough without sending McCallum on loan.

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Take him on loan from who? I'd imagine Annan may have used the money offered to him weeks ago. He could end up without a club.

He wont end up clubless unless he is absolutely unwilling to go back to Annan. To maintain their rights to compensation there has to be a valid and current contract offer in place of at least the same as his previous one. If they withdraw it then he becomes a free agent.