Sons' sorrow

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

$ons

£250 a week m8

4 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

I've not been keeping up with all the news so sorry if this has been covered but why would there be comp involved? 

A player under the age of 24 who has been offered a deal by the previous club can't move on a free transfer, so there will have to have been a compensation fee paid/he's signed as an amateur.

The club acquiring the player does not have to pay any compensation for their release due to having nothing left to pay on their contract, hence, the term free transfer. Some individual leagues have restrictions to protect academies. For example, in the UK, players under 24 who are out of contract are only available on a free transfer if released by the club holding the players' licence.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

13 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Delighted with the signing ...compensation is due(and us just a baw hair from administration:lol:)...think he will score goals.We now have a decent strike force.

Is Todd not a midfielder?

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I thought that, but apparently he played upfront for Annan last year. Think it was a Queens' fan who was mentioning it.

Yeah someone on the Annan thread also said he could play as a striker...makes sense given ryan stevenson probably getting the play maker role.

4 hours ago, son of a bankie said:

Will wear it with pride. I was the only one from our crowd in attendance on Saturday.
See you soon

That was good of you to turn up. I steadfastly refuse to go and watch friendliest, as I view yet hem as nothing more than a training exercise for which you get mugged for a tenner :(

On 15/07/2016 at 13:16, pleslie99 said:

Surely the ability to play trialists in a cup competition sort of makes a mockery of it. If someone was to play for us as a trialist then go sign for someone else and play for them in the same competition against us, it would be a bit wrong? You couldn't exactly cup-tie a trialist?

You aren't allowed to play trialists in any cup competition this season. And when you were allowed them for one round of the Challenge Cup in the past 2 or 3 seasons then a player was indeed cup tied if they played as a trialist so they still couldn't play for two different teams in it.

On 15/07/2016 at 13:48, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I believe if we want to play a youth player they have to sign a professional contract.

I assume he's the 17s keeper?

No they don't. They merely need to be 16 years old. A youth registration is adequate to play first team football, although obviously they couldnt be paid for it unless professionally registered.

On 15/07/2016 at 14:27, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Pretty sure he's a year younger than me so that would make him ineligible for 17s. Didn't know about the youth player signing a pro deal thing though, it seems a bit pointless, but then so do most SPFL/SFA rules these days.

It isn't a rule.

Edited by Skyline Drifter