The 'What I Got for Xmas' Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a bit weird being 30 and still getting a lot of stuff for Christmas - I feel pretty uncomfortable in my parents/gran giving me money and presents when I have a decent job and stuff. Probably just me being a bit of a weirdo about it though.

Anyway, this year, from my girlfriend I got a half season ticket to Fulham, a load of craft beers and a couple of other things. From family I got assorted booze, money and male products. From the parents at the school I work at I got a ridiculous amount of stuff including vouchers, champagne, wine, chocolates, hampers and other assorted stuff.

I feel a bit weird being 30 and still getting a lot of stuff for Christmas - I feel pretty uncomfortable in my parents/gran giving me money and presents when I have a decent job and stuff. Probably just me being a bit of a weirdo about it though.

Anyway, this year, from my girlfriend I got a half season ticket to Fulham, a load of craft beers and a couple of other things. From family I got assorted booze, money and male products. From the parents at the school I work at I got a ridiculous amount of stuff including vouchers, champagne, wine, chocolates, hampers and other assorted stuff.

I'm the same. My gran still gives me £20 ever Christmas and it makes me uncomfortable. I'm 28 and married with 2 kids!!

Not what I got, but I bought my brother a bright yellow t-shirt with "you want sum" on it, with a picture of none other than the Wealdstone raider. He loves it.

I've been looking for a yellow one, may I ask where you got it?

Golf bag

Lawn mower

2 days at the ashes at Edgbaston

£150

£30 amazon voucher (will be spent on a quadcopter drone)

Wallet

Kevin Bridges autobiography

Pointless book

Lounge pants and top

Shirt

A shit tonne of sweets and chocolate

Golf balls

Tees

Debenhams voucher

I did very well.

Think the "the worn and put back" myth of manifesto isn't really true!

Buy lots from there and always seems fine to me. Never really tried looking though, Bobby Linn usually gives me a message telling me my stuffs just been delivered to the shop so hope he's no spoofing! :lol:

Don't the guys in Manifesto get a clothing allowance?

Got speaking to a guy a few years ago at a party and I'm sure he was telling me they get an allowance, something like £600.

That said, I quite believe they borrow a top or two for the Saturday night.

I got this ...

hendricks-gin-midnight-tea-2.jpg

a bottle of Jura Superstition,

BrewDog Punk IPA gift pack

Flavia Rum Tasting Pack (5 x 45ml bottles)

2014060518_14019935406318_original.png

Pair of New Balance trainers,

Peaky Blinders series 1&2 dvd

best-juicers-2014-breville-vbl062.jpg

Breville Juicer (above)

River Island bobble beanie hat

Thierry Mugler aftershave (100ml)

Paul Smith Extreme (100ml) ... for work

Big beer book

Where's Wally lounge pants

2 pairs slippers (probably first time I've ever received slippers for Christmas ... getting old)

2 bottles of Arran Blonde, novelty pint glass & a hat (work's Secret Santa)

diary for work

loads and loads of chocolates

Nivea shaving gift set

Think that's it .... very happy as I was really hoping for the gin and the juicer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/B005MIM8U0/ref=mw_dp_cr

Got one of these Zippo hand warmers at Christmas last year, ended up getting another this year as it happens. Magic for going to the football in the winter or any of you sadists that enjoy a round of golf at this time of year. You put lighter fluid in it and heat the top of it with a lighter for about 20 seconds then shove it in it's wee pouch. Gets roasting hot and depending on how much lighter fluid you put in it it lasts for donkeys, like 24hrs+.

Archived