General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

3 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Pretty big crash near the end of the race, a lot of drivers seemed to ignore the yellows as well.

Toronto has had quite a few serious incidents over the years the worst of which when a marshall was killed at the end of Lakeshore Drive. I was there in 1992 when Michael Andretti won from start to finish for Newman Haas in a thoroughly uneventfull race.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That 2nd race at Milwakee in the Indycars was insane, having the championship leader's car fail at the start, a crash before the start because a waved off start, Power looking like he will be leading the championship for the last race only to spin on a restart, Rahal doing his version of the Penskie patented 'hand gestures after crashing' to other drivers and Ferrucci showing why he was considered a talent (even if he is a complete and utter c**t....christ he even makes Power look less of an ass by comparision)

More things happened in that race than has happened in the entire F1 season.  If you are not following the Indycars you really are missing out on some entertainment

• 2 weeks later...

I love oval racing I really do but this last Indycar race in some random oval in Nashville is no way to finish the championship. Few fans and little interest but that has been the same in recent years. My main screen is on Nascar from Watkins Glen and hoping Shane Van Gisbergen do the business tonigh. He really knows how to get past the redknecks like last night Xfinity race.