PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not even slightly now! :lol: It's pathetic, they have lost the trust of a lot of gamers, myself included and I'm looking forward to getting my PS4 now.

They have really made a total c**t of this

Why do you have to have 'trust' in a gaming console? You seem to have some amount of hatred for Microsoft for some reason, surely the fact that there changing things due to customer opinion is a good thing? At the end of the day, there just making their console a more attractive proposition through their "u-turning".

It's because they've shown what they want to do to the gaming industry. That's why "trust" is important

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's because they've shown what they want to do to the gaming industry. That's why "trust" is important

why are people getting so worked up about that though? As long as you can fire the disc in and play the game, what is the big issue?

Why do you have to have 'trust' in a gaming console? You seem to have some amount of hatred for Microsoft for some reason, surely the fact that there changing things due to customer opinion is a good thing?

You want trust in the company and trust that they won't start releasing updates that will bring back all the shit they've "u-turned" on.

And are they really changing it on the customer opinion or is it more the fact that they realised they were going to get fisted this time around and it was really the money doing most of the talking? Given it's Microsoft (and Sony) we're talking about, I'd wager it's the latter - Sony were just wise enough to not even try to pull the shit in the first place.

why are people getting so worked up about that though? As long as you can fire the disc in and play the game, what is the big issue?

As I said, they showed their hand. They showed what they want to do, they couldn't do it now because everyone called them out on their bullshit, so what they will do is introduce it gradually, which is why people don't trust them.

Why do you have to have 'trust' in a gaming console? You seem to have some amount of hatred for Microsoft for some reason, surely the fact that there changing things due to customer opinion is a good thing? At the end of the day, there just making their console a more attractive proposition through their "u-turning".

You have to have trust in any products your planning to invest a lot of money in, it's a £430 machine. Microsoft showed everyone that the Xbone is a waste of money, regardless of the U turn. And anyway Microsoft only U turned cause their money flow was threatened, they don't give a f**k about who buys their product, only that you do.

You have to have trust in any products your planning to invest a lot of money in, it's a £430 machine. Microsoft showed everyone that the Xbone is a waste of money, regardless of the U turn. And anyway Microsoft only U turned cause their money flow was threatened, they don't give a f**k about who buys their product, only that you do.

How is it a waste of money though? Once you start playing game it will be pretty much the exact same as the ps4 just like playing a game on the 360 and ps3 is basically identical apart from the controller.

Except that it costs £80 more.

I gather it wasnt on here then that I heard about the £350 Kinect-less 360 sku? I'll have to source that but if it wasnt on here or RT it was probably IGN...

From what I gather they've said that Kinect wont have to always be on and watching you, but they haven't released a kinectless version of it yet, could be wrong, but that's how I understand it at the moment. What a complete balls up from Xbox, they might as well just say, whatever Sony are doing, we'll just copy. Please buy us. To me it felt like they were in the process of releaing a more restrictive PC, and the only reason to not to go PC would be the additional cost. 450 wont get you a great PC, but it'll get you about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way there. Cheaper games and no subscription costs would probably match the costs within a year or so.

From what I gather they've said that Kinect wont have to always be on and watching you, but they haven't released a kinectless version of it yet, could be wrong, but that's how I understand it at the moment. What a complete balls up from Xbox, they might as well just say, whatever Sony are doing, we'll just copy. Please buy us. To me it felt like they were in the process of releaing a more restrictive PC, and the only reason to not to go PC would be the additional cost. 450 wont get you a great PC, but it'll get you about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way there. Cheaper games and no subscription costs would probably match the costs within a year or so.

Its more like a high end entertainment centre/gaming PC set up, which if you priced it up is actually pretty decent value if you want that kind of thing.

My PC is pretty solid for this generation of games (runs just about everything on ultra graphics, slightly above consoles for the most part) and plays blurays/HD tv easily and coat me about £300. Unless you are a professional gamer (yes thats apparently a thing) you dont need to spend over £500 on a computer to play games on.

£300!!!! Shheeeeiiiiitttt. My mobo & processor cost that, monitor was 150, no idea what kind of setup uv got or where you got it, but that's ridiculously cheap.

That's how I understand it aswell. Unless it changes they are basically saying "you don't need to use it, but you fucking have to pay for it"

£300!!!! Shheeeeiiiiitttt. My mobo & processor cost that, monitor was 150, no idea what kind of setup uv got or where you got it, but that's ridiculously cheap.

I just bought in all the components from Amazon and Scan and built it. It's a 3GB Pentium processor (which I'll be upgrading to an i5 when I can afford to), a pretty basic mini ITX motherboard, 4GB RAM (any major gamers would probably recommend 8 but I've never had any bother, might need 8 for the like of Skyrim or Fallout right enough), basic 80+ power supply, basic but good case, aftermarket fan to quieten it down a lot, Gigabyte HD 7770 graphics card (again might need to upgrade this soon but it does a cracking job for current gen and was less than £100). Got it hooked up to my TV since I'm mostly playing games or watching videos anyway.

If I had paid upfront instead of paying it up it would've been about £330 all in

I just bought in all the components from Amazon and Scan and built it. It's a 3GB Pentium processor (which I'll be upgrading to an i5 when I can afford to), a pretty basic mini ITX motherboard, 4GB RAM (any major gamers would probably recommend 8 but I've never had any bother, might need 8 for the like of Skyrim or Fallout right enough), basic 80+ power supply, basic but good case, aftermarket fan to quieten it down a lot, Gigabyte HD 7770 graphics card (again might need to upgrade this soon but it does a cracking job for current gen and was less than £100). Got it hooked up to my TV since I'm mostly playing games or watching videos anyway.

If I had paid upfront instead of paying it up it would've been about £330 all in

Out of curiosity, what games are you playing on ultra and what kind of fps are you getting?

Out of curiosity, what games are you playing on ultra and what kind of fps are you getting?

Most I've checked are at and around 60fps. The newest ones have been on are XCOM, Dishonoured, Civ 5, Sim City, the Batman games (although they're far from new) plus a few demos of like Tomb Raider and Company Of Heroes 2.

Bought Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3 yesterday so I'll see how those hold up too

Most I've checked are at and around 60fps. The newest ones have been on are XCOM, Dishonoured, Civ 5, Sim City, the Batman games (although they're far from new) plus a few demos of like Tomb Raider and Company Of Heroes 2.

Bought Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3 yesterday so I'll see how those hold up too

Not really any intesive games there. If you're running on ultra you must have the resolution set pretty low? Theres no way you'd be able to run Skyrim, for example, on ultra at 1920x1080 with that setup and get 60fps - unfortunately, I know a lot about getting Skyrim to run well!

As you've said, you'd probably need to upgrade the processor and GPU to play newer games, so I dont think its really reasonable to say you can get a gaming PC for £300. Ive just spent £800 one one, although its an i7 with 16Gb or RAM, so I could have saved a bit of money there. I guess I could also have saved on the GFX card (I paid around £250 for a OC'd GTX 660 Ti), but that would only bring the price down to around £500 and thats without a HD.

Not really any intesive games there. If you're running on ultra you must have the resolution set pretty low? Theres no way you'd be able to run Skyrim, for example, on ultra at 1920x1080 with that setup and get 60fps - unfortunately, I know a lot about getting Skyrim to run well!

As you've said, you'd probably need to upgrade the processor and GPU to play newer games, so I dont think its really reasonable to say you can get a gaming PC for £300. Ive just spent £800 one one, although its an i7 with 16Gb or RAM, so I could have saved a bit of money there. I guess I could also have saved on the GFX card (I paid around £250 for a OC'd GTX 660 Ti), but that would only bring the price down to around £500 and thats without a HD.

No the games all run at 1080p, I need the resolution lower when using the computer for other things so I can actually read what I'm typing but games and vids all run in HD no problem. Bear in mind that the 360 and PS3 only run games at 30fps so hitting 60 isnt normally a bother for me since you dont really notice it (Far Cry 3 is the only one I'm having bother with, but thats half because of lower frame rate and half because I'm just shite at it).

Like I said it's not suitable for pro gamers but for people who just want to play games on their PC instead of a console its a good set up

No the games all run at 1080p, I need the resolution lower when using the computer for other things so I can actually read what I'm typing but games and vids all run in HD no problem. Bear in mind that the 360 and PS3 only run games at 30fps so hitting 60 isnt normally a bother for me since you dont really notice it (Far Cry 3 is the only one I'm having bother with, but thats half because of lower frame rate and half because I'm just shite at it).

Like I said it's not suitable for pro gamers but for people who just want to play games on their PC instead of a console its a good set up

Im nowhere near a pro gamer but playing stuff at 30fps on a PC is horrible.

No offence, but I wouldnt describe it as "good". Adequate, maybe, but for most console-type games you need more grunt

Rumour doing the rounds that FIFA 14 is going to be included free in an xboxone bundle.

If true then it shows Microsoft are really going on the offensive to try and undo all their mistakes they made earlier this year.

Backtracking on everything they said they'd do is one thing, but giving away one of the top selling games in the world with the console could be the thing that swings it back in their favour.

Archived