PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the 360 games able to be played on the Xbox one?

Decision is soo difficult.

A current user of xbox but we brother has a vita and I know there connected to ps4

No, neither the PS4 or the Xbox 180 is backwards compatible.

I'm just not sure what kinect can actually add to the gaming experience. I'm not against motion control, there were times that the Wii used it to great effect - skyward sword, metroid prime 3, and super mario galaxy used the Wii controls in ways which added to the core experience. Not just add-ons or gimmicks, but great ways to play games and really intuitive control schemes. These games are great because they are motion + buttons/sticks, I don't know how you could replicate something like this purely with motion. I fear that fable: the journey is the ultimately shallow kind of experience that kinect can offer. The add-ons to games like skyrim just don't seem worth it.

I got my 360 years before I bought my PS3 and I've also got Kinect so I'm no PS3 fanboy but I too struggle with the kinect thing. I played Kinect Adventures for a few days and it was fun enough but it means re-arranging the living room for 2 people to play so it's not really practical for me to use in that regard, maybe in the US where people have big f**k off houses it's easier, I dunno. Other than that I can only think that I've really used it for ME3 in the dialogues and with Sky/iplayer etc to pause and play the video stream.

I know that the new Kinect will be 100x more sensitive, detect who's got the controller, who farted or whatever and that's great but as with some of the other aspects of the Xboxone (which have mostly been backtracked) I feel MS has been pretty terrible at explaining them fully and why they will be important to the next gen, not just saying how great it is but why will it be better. Is this an essential bit of kit? I get that MS are forcing it in with the hope that more developers will use its features and they can then in turn say 'look developers are using its features I told you they were important' I'm sure that some will be a wee bit handy. However until all this new tech actually translates to a better gaming experience I will remain skeptical (if it does then great).

I've bought the previous 2 gens of Xbox the week they have been released but I'm fairly sure that I'll be waiting a bit for this gen to see what happens. Well that and by the time it's out my 2nd kid will be born so I'll have no fecking time anyway! :lol:

Even in giving something for free Microsoft have managed to generate bad publicity for themselves! :lol:

Pretty much sums up Microsofts approach with this console, they tell you something that sounds great, until you read the fine print.

This wasn't even reading the fine print, this is directly contradicting with Microsoft had already said themselves. The official Xbox twitter stated on August 27th that it was free with all pre-ordered Xbox Ones in Europe whether it was the Day One edition or not. They are making an absolute c**t of everything.

No opinions on Sony once again treating the US to the console a whole 2 weeks before the UK? Pretty poor from them. Again.

One is to be released on the 22nd. A date to be marked in the diaries of gamers for sure.

No opinions on Sony once again treating the US to the console a whole 2 weeks before the UK? Pretty poor from them. Again.

One is to be released on the 22nd. A date to be marked in the diaries of gamers for sure.

Who gives a f**k? It's a weeks difference

This guys opinions are shite, can anybody tell me how I stop his posts from showing up?

Who gives a f**k? It's a weeks difference

This guys opinions are shite, can anybody tell me how I stop his posts from showing up?

Given that this thread is discussing the next generation of consoles, I'd imagine many posters give a fck about the release dates.

I didn't even mention the difference in release date between the consoles - I mentioned Sony's treatment of the UK as secondary.

Why would you want to stop my posts showing up? No one else in this thread has spoken a word of sense.

Given that this thread is discussing the next generation of consoles, I'd imagine many posters give a fck about the release dates. 

I didn't even mention the difference in release date between the consoles - I mentioned Sony's treatment of the UK as secondary.

Why would you want to stop my posts showing up? No one else in this thread has spoken a word of sense. 

:lol:

"It's cheaper so it wins" is the only 'simple' thing that's been posted on this entire topic.

Care to source that quote? Be specific. (sorry, couldn't resist).

No one has said that, the price is a factor but I think most people are choosing the PS4 because Microsoft have shown themselves up for the massive shower of c***s that they are. Sony at least had the forethought to take the customer's wishes into consideration before they made their console.

"It's cheaper so it wins" is the only 'simple' thing that's been posted on this entire topic.

Nobody wants to hear fanboy opinions, that's what makes you seem like a 'simpleton'. That applies to both sides of the debate by the way, if you are so closed minded to not acknowledge the positives and negatives of each side then theres no point in being part of a discussion about it. No one wants to hear people coming one and slating one side or the other without providing some constructive views, that's like going to the football and just booing the other team the whole game purely because you dont like them...

Its cheaper is a factor, but the reason it wins is its better value for money, and a more powerful console. Microsoft ruined it by trying to be greedy c***s. They tried to change the status quo to earn higher profits, gamers told them to get to f**k and Microsoft had to make a series of humiliating turn arounds and even offer free games to try and get a sale. Get a clue ya clown.

Archived