PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS4 is starting to turn a sizeable amount of heads already even though it's not produced anything breathtaking as of yet, it just seems that Microsoft are intent on screwing things up.

You can bet Sony will be doing the same I wouldn't get carried away. They both want to lock out pre-owned but neither have confirmed this yet. MS look to be closer though.

The always online thing doesn't bother me and I'm not sure why others are getting so wound up about it. Your PC or tablet or phone is always online so what's the difference with your console being the same? The biggest killer for me will be price. If the games fell into line with new PC releases at around the £30 mark seeing as they're useless to punt 2nd hand then it's not so bad however if they maintain the £45-£50 shite then that will be their biggest howler IMO. I generally use my pre-owned stuff to fund new purchases and I'm sure a lot of people are the same. I really baulk at the full price games now but at least if I don't particularly like it I can take it back and still have good credit on it to trade in whereas I might buy a PS4/720 game and be stuck with it!

Neither consoles are whetting my appetite quite frankly and I'd almost be pleased if a 3rd console came out of nowhere and fucked the both of them up. It'll serve them right.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit off a fuss kicked up on teh interwebz over the new Xbox, beginning with these tweets from Microsoft's Creative Director:

OEY5yp8.jpg

Derp. There were more but you get the idea, it's a proper 'let them eat cake' moment which got a huge backlash both for his condescension towards anyone who doesn't live in a city and being completely oblivious to the reasons the majority of gamers don't want an always-online console. It's the best marketing Sony can get for the PS4. So Microsoft release an official statement which is a grovelling apology, but don't confirm or deny if the new Xbox will have an always online requirement.

If it does, it is going to be a massive failure. If Microsoft have this requirement while Sony don't it will be a catastrophe for them.

Orth comes across as a dick there. As a Sony 'fanboy' I'm quite enjoying Microsoft press the self-destruct button they seem intent on pushing.

He does sound like a fanny, I've got both an xbox and PS3 so I'm pretty much on the fence, but I for some reason I was thinking I'd prefer the 360 successor. However when people in a position of power come out with pish like that (not unlike IDS and his £53 a week shite) it really gets on folks backs as it just demonstrates how disconnected they are with joe public and their views. My internet connection in Inverness is 1.3 Mb on a good day and when more than a couple of devices are connected to it it drops even further. There is no technical reason that I can see as to why a device would NEED to be always connected to the web other than to constantly monitor us for marketing purposes then push us with ads and DLC.

If they (or Sony) go along with this and any of that 'no 2nd hand discs allowed' nonsense they will be dead to me and can f**k right off. I'll save my money and spend it on updating my desktop to a decent gaming rig. :angry:

He does sound like a fanny, I've got both an xbox and PS3 so I'm pretty much on the fence, but I for some reason I was thinking I'd prefer the 360 successor. However when people in a position of power come out with pish like that (not unlike IDS and his £53 a week shite) it really gets on folks backs as it just demonstrates how disconnected they are with joe public and their views. My internet connection in Inverness is 1.3 Mb on a good day and when more than a couple of devices are connected to it it drops even further. There is no technical reason that I can see as to why a device would NEED to be always connected to the web other than to constantly monitor us for marketing purposes then push us with ads and DLC.

If they (or Sony) go along with this and any of that 'no 2nd hand discs allowed' nonsense they will be dead to me and can f**k right off. I'll save my money and spend it on updating my desktop to a decent gaming rig. :angry:

I'm pretty much sold on pc gaming now. Ps3 and its never ending updates are a pain in the arse. At least on pc I get to decide when to update stuff. My internet goes off quite a lot, would really annoy me if I couldn't play a game due to that.

Consoles have really taken over the entertainment market, you'd think they would try make things more accessible, but they seem to be trying to push as many people away as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Im starting to lean away from the xbox, if it does have allways online, kinect built in and no backwards compatability i dont think ill be getting on TBH. Not really keen on the idea of mircosoft telling me what i can play and when im allowed to play it, but the reveal at the end of the month will decide it for me.

Going to wait until there is the official release during E3 to see what the crack is with the new Xbox, much of what has been said is still rumours so we need to wait and see how many of them are actually fact. My purchase will depend on the price firstly, no issues with keeping my current 360 tho if I dont get a new Xbox I wont be jumping ship to PS

Going to wait until there is the official release during E3 to see what the crack is with the new Xbox, much of what has been said is still rumours so we need to wait and see how many of them are actually fact. My purchase will depend on the price firstly, no issues with keeping my current 360 tho if I dont get a new Xbox I wont be jumping ship to PS

A lot of Xbox fans keep saying this to me and I don't quite understand it. The natural progression of things is that you likely had an PS2 or PS1, so at one point people switched, why are they refusing even the notion of switching back?

A lot of Xbox fans keep saying this to me and I don't quite understand it. The natural progression of things is that you likely had an PS2 or PS1, so at one point people switched, why are they refusing even the notion of switching back?

More the fact that I will be keeping alot of my old xbox games, if I get a new xbox it will be if its backwards compatible. Besides most of my friends are still on xbox and likely most of the things Xbox put in will be mirrored by PS and vise versa

Well for me, if there's no backwards compatibility with the new xbox I'll need to keep my xbox 360 regardless of getting the new xbox or not. But if the ps4 does turn around and offer backwards compability then I can finally grab games like MGS4 and the like.

• 3 weeks later...

Has the Xbox One reveal swayed anyone then?

It looks quite sexy. I first had an PS3 but then it packed in so I got an Xbox 360. 3 years later and it's still going strong.

The XboxOne is looking very good so far I think. Wireless N connectivity is very decent when it comes to WiFi signal, and the 500Gb HD out of the box will be more than enough storage. The switching between the Xbox OS and Windows 8 OS is also very positive.

It looks quite sexy. I first had an PS3 but then it packed in so I got an Xbox 360. 3 years later and it's still going strong.

The XboxOne is looking very good so far I think. Wireless N connectivity is very decent when it comes to WiFi signal, and the 500Gb HD out of the box will be more than enough storage. The switching between the Xbox OS and Windows 8 OS is also very positive.

Windows 8 on the Xbox? Nice.

Archived