PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just ordered a PS4 with FIFA 15, The Last Of Us remastered and a 3 month Playstation Plus membership for £360 from GAME. I'm going to have a swell weekend 8)

I'll also have a good weekend courtesy of GAME :D any idea when it'll come? I'm hoping Saturday at the latest! Friday would be perfect though :P

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll also have a good weekend courtesy of GAME :D any idea when it'll come? I'm hoping Saturday at the latest! Friday would be perfect though :P

When I ordered I'm sure it said it would be here in 1 business day. I ordered a bit later on this evening so I'm fingers crossed that it'll come on Thursday. If you ordered yesterday then who knows, you might even get yours tomorrow if they dinnae mind releasing FIFA a couple of days early :D

When I ordered I'm sure it said it would be here in 1 business day. I ordered a bit later on this evening so I'm fingers crossed that it'll come on Thursday. If you ordered yesterday then who knows, you might even get yours tomorrow if they dinnae mind releasing FIFA a couple of days early :D

That'd be amazing! I was expecting it to be here Saturday since that's the 1 day after FIFA lol :P any earlier then #scenes in the squirrel household!

What happened? :o

Something to do with payment rejected lol! Just decided to order from amazon instead, got FIFA+ps4 (£329), the last of us (£29) and PS+ (£36) so pretty much same price but without COD ghosts (didn't really want that anyway) so hopefully here for Saturday!

It says there's no delivery date available for my PS4+FIFA is that because it's a pre order on amazon?

Something to do with payment rejected lol! Just decided to order from amazon instead, got FIFA+ps4 (£329), the last of us (£29) and PS+ (£36) so pretty much same price but without COD ghosts (didn't really want that anyway) so hopefully here for Saturday!

It says there's no delivery date available for my PS4+FIFA is that because it's a pre order on amazon?

Could very well be. I thought because I was ordering from GAME for the first time that I'd get a few points on that loyalty card thing they do, but turns out that they can't do it for my purchase because it's a pre-order. As for my delivery date, GAME e-mailed and text me this morning saying that I should have it tomorrow :D

Could very well be. I thought because I was ordering from GAME for the first time that I'd get a few points on that loyalty card thing they do, but turns out that they can't do it for my purchase because it's a pre-order. As for my delivery date, GAME e-mailed and text me this morning saying that I should have it tomorrow :D

Lucky :( I'm expeting mine Saturday probably :(

I'm bored of the xbox 360 and thinking of getting the xbox one but I don't know where or when I should get one? Where's the best place to get one and is it worth waiting another couple of months for a drop in price? All I'm looking for is an xbox, controller (possibly two) and fifa 15, I'll buy more when I have the money.

I was going to consider selling my 360 with 11 games and three controllers but if I'm not going to get a price at least close to £100 then I think I'll just keep it, I've been on gumtree and the usual trade in places. Am I right in saying the 360 controllers can't be used with the new xbox?

I know close to nothing about the new consoles and I don't want to spend more time looking for answers so I thought this would be my best bet.

I'm bored of the xbox 360 and thinking of getting the xbox one but I don't know where or when I should get one? Where's the best place to get one and is it worth waiting another couple of months for a drop in price? All I'm looking for is an xbox, controller (possibly two) and fifa 15, I'll buy more when I have the money.

I was going to consider selling my 360 with 11 games and three controllers but if I'm not going to get a price at least close to £100 then I think I'll just keep it, I've been on gumtree and the usual trade in places. Am I right in saying the 360 controllers can't be used with the new xbox?

I know close to nothing about the new consoles and I don't want to spend more time looking for answers so I thought this would be my best bet.

If your bored of last gen, next gen us gonna bore you more. At this moment there is little to play on either machine and to be honest, thus far the games that have came out have not been great. Now there is a decent amount of content coming out over the next few months, but there's no guarantee they will be any good. I'd wait it out and see man, cause they are expensive

I'm gonna say it... this gen has been pish so far.

I know it takes every gen a year or so to get up and running these days but I've had my console for 10 months and only purchased Fifa 14 and Fifa 15 in that time. I got Knack with it and that was acceptable but extremely repetitive and basically a child's game. Outlast for free tided me over for a few hours, but I can't really handle FPS, not my thing. Other than that, not a single game has grabbed me.

Considering the span life of a generation is supposed to be ever shortening, it's not good enough.

Considering the span life of a generation is supposed to be ever shortening, it's not good enough.

I wouldn't say that's true at all. Lifespan of consoles used to be 4-5 years. 360 and PS3 came out in 05 and 06 respectively so got a good 8 years out of them really. I'd imagine it'd very much be the same for the new gen.

mrcat1990, on 02 Oct 2014 - 07:37, said:

I wouldn't say that's true at all. Lifespan of consoles used to be 4-5 years. 360 and PS3 came out in 05 and 06 respectively so got a good 8 years out of them really. I'd imagine it'd very much be the same for the new gen.

Other than the Dreamcast I don't recall a console not being supported for more than 5 years unless you're speaking about very specific consoles?

Other than the Dreamcast I don't recall a console not being supported for more than 5 years unless you're speaking about very specific consoles?

Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS1, N64, Gameboy iterations, PSP. None of them were properly supported for more than 5 years I'm sure. Like maybe you got some inferior ports coming out but there were no big console exclusives after their replacements have been released the way there has been this time around.

Make sure you've got PS+ and play the freebies you get with that, most of them that I've heard announced have been good to great (although this month could be a bit meh given one of the titles is the circle jerk that is Driveclub). Also inFamous Second Son is great fun, one of the few titles I've felt like reviews have actually under rated for a long time. Very fun and a great story. If you're running short pick up some of the indie games out there as well. Transistor, Rogue Legacy, The Swapper, Fez, Child Of Light are all amazing games and theres others out there.

Archived