PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slightly OT here, but how do folk with kids find time to game? I've been watching my nephews this week, aged 7 and 2, and I have played my PS4 for 15 minutes in the last week (a quick shot of the PS Plus freebie, Velocity?) and that was at like 10pm just before bedtime! Bedtime, at TEN O'CLOCK! I rarely see myself going to sleep before 3am! Even when I'm working at 8am. I get no time with the wee one even when the big one is at school, and when they are both settled at night I'm too tired! So, are there any dad's on here that manage to cram in some gaming sessions without the use of class c drugs and also avoid being a neglectful father? If there are those who can do the former without being one of the latter then I take my hat off to you!!

I have two kids. Here's how my evenings roll.

Get home at 6 30. Spend time with the kids then get them in a bath around 7 30 - 8. They're usually in bed for about 8 30. I then make dinner and am sitting down with the Mrs to watch a programme on telly with dinner for about 9.

I then usually put the PS4 on around 10 and play it till I fall asleep.

I haven't felt fully awake in years.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gone for an Xbox One. Couldn't resist £350 with Destiny and Master Chief Collection.

I'm tempted by this deal as I'm a massive Halo fan but I see it doesn't come with the Kinect. Could any Xbox One owners please tell me if you think it's worth paying the extra £40 or so to get the console with Kinect? I don't have a clue.

I'm tempted by this deal as I'm a massive Halo fan but I see it doesn't come with the Kinect. Could any Xbox One owners please tell me if you think it's worth paying the extra £40 or so to get the console with Kinect? I don't have a clue.

I don't actually have mines yet however most of my friends have an xbox one. The ones that have kinect said it was just a massive waste of time when I asked what xbox I should look to buy.

Nah, i sold my ps3 plus games about a month ago for 200 quid with the idea of upgrading to PS4 but just haven't done it, not sure i can justify the price for the amount i will play it ken? Wouldn't mind an xbox for a change but by all accounts i have heard the PS4 is the superior model.

Did you enjoy the PS3? If you didn't then I could see your reluctance to purchase the PS4. But you're not holding their poor phone against the console are you? I know lack of game time is your biggest draw back though, but I was just curious if the phone had put you off the console.

Did you enjoy the PS3? If you didn't then I could see your reluctance to purchase the PS4. But you're not holding their poor phone against the console are you? I know lack of game time is your biggest draw back though, but I was just curious if the phone had put you off the console.

My phone had just made me lose faith in Sony tbh, i know I'm being childish but you know when you have something thats so shit you don't want to ever buy the product again??

I got the ps3 early 2008 and loved it for first 6 months then didn't play it for about a year then was on and off it but for some reason really got into gaming in about 2011 - loved the uncharted games especially but had a lot of games on the go. Went to oz for a year then when i got back found it hard to get back into it, bought the last of us and didn't enjoy it that much and decided to sell it on about a month ago for a measly 150 despite all the money i spent on it and haven't missed it since. Think the same would happen with ps4, would enjoy it to begin with but every much be on and off and probably couldn't justify the money i spent on it

Get home at 6 30. Spend time with the kids then get them in a bath around 7 30 - 8. They're usually in bed for about 8 30. I then make dinner and am sitting down with the Mrs to watch a programme on telly with dinner for about 9.

This is me also just the one kid though. Usually midnight before u think about turning off

I used to be the same during my MW phase. The only time I could play was when the wife and kids went to bed. Only problem was that when I did finally get to bed ( around 2 or 3 in the morning) my brain was that fried from playing that I couldn't switch off. Think I must have lived off 2 or 3 hours sleep for several months. Must have been like a zombie at work!

Got email confirmation that my PS4 will be here tomorrow. Sold a bunch of my old xbox games today to a wee gaming shop in rutherglen the majority I now have on PC anyway. Was hoping to get £50, got £75. Bought a pair of Tritton Kunai for my PS4 and a £35 PSN card. Very happy with my haul.

Got my Xbox and Destiny yesterday. Set it up last night, didn't even install the game and the console was making an unhealthy buzzing like a very loud HDD access. Took it back to Game, we'll see if number 2 is any better this evening. f**k sake, must be karma for never getting a RROD.

This seems to be the issue

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-10-microsoft-pledges-to-replace-recent-batch-of-noisy-xbox-one-consoles

Got my Xbox and Destiny yesterday. Set it up last night, didn't even install the game and the console was making an unhealthy buzzing like a very loud HDD access. Took it back to Game, we'll see if number 2 is any better this evening. f**k sake, must be karma for never getting a RROD.

This seems to be the issue

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-10-microsoft-pledges-to-replace-recent-batch-of-noisy-xbox-one-consoles

Wow thats not good for MS, heard 4 reports of people getting broken xboxes now in the last week. Seems to be an epidemic of knackered ones

Slightly OT here, but how do folk with kids find time to game? I've been watching my nephews this week, aged 7 and 2, and I have played my PS4 for 15 minutes in the last week (a quick shot of the PS Plus freebie, Velocity?) and that was at like 10pm just before bedtime! Bedtime, at TEN O'CLOCK! I rarely see myself going to sleep before 3am! Even when I'm working at 8am. I get no time with the wee one even when the big one is at school, and when they are both settled at night I'm too tired! So, are there any dad's on here that manage to cram in some gaming sessions without the use of class c drugs and also avoid being a neglectful father? If there are those who can do the former without being one of the latter then I take my hat off to you!!

No

Wow thats not good for MS, heard 4 reports of people getting broken xboxes now in the last week. Seems to be an epidemic of knackered ones

2nd Xbox was healthier, nice and whisper quiet. Game swapped it no bother. Now enjoying Destiny.

How would you know? Such an Xbox fanboy as yourself would surely never have got their hands on a Sony console.

Because he said he bought it on another thread. To be fair it does seen a slight contradiction.

Archived