NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Pretty self-explanatory: it's not commensurate to his ability or production.

When you word it like that, it's not. When you say that he earns pretty much the same amount of money as Vjax and Brandon Marshall, it does equate to his ability. He had Matt Cassell throwing him the ball and managed to get 800 yards.

When you word it like that, it's not. When you say that he earns pretty much the same amount of money as Vjax and Brandon Marshall, it does equate to his ability. He had Matt Cassell throwing him the ball and managed to get 800 yards.

Steve Johnson has had Ryan Fitzpatrick and has 3x 1,000 yard seasons in a row. For purpose of context, no Bills receiver has ever managed two in a row never mind three.

Johnson signed a new long-term deal last year for far less. Tell me which was the better deal there.

I just think KC have made a poor deal here to go along with another expensive mistake in trading what they did for Alex Smith. A bad pick at #1 overall for the hattrick Andy.

Steve Johnson has had Ryan Fitzpatrick and has 3x 1,000 yard seasons in a row. For purpose of context, no Bills receiver has ever managed two in a row never mind three.

Johnson signed a new long-term deal last year for far less. Tell me which was the better deal there.

I just think KC have made a poor deal here to go along with another expensive mistake in trading what they did for Alex Smith. A bad pick at #1 overall for the hattrick Andy.

Matt Cassell and Brady Quinn's performances last season were worse than any of Ryan Fitzpatrick's. Bowe has had 3 years of 1162, 1159 and 801 yards. With a legitimate starting QB, Bowe would have had 1200 yards.

EDIT: Would you have let Bowe go? Who would Alex Smith throw the ball to then? You can't give up a lot of picks for a QB, only to take away his receivers.

Edited by GingerSaint

Matt Cassell and Brady Quinn's performances last season were worse than any of Ryan Fitzpatrick's. Bowe has had 3 years of 1162, 1159 and 801 yards. With a legitimate starting QB, Bowe would have had 1200 yards.

EDIT: Would you have let Bowe go? Who would Alex Smith throw the ball to then? You can't give up a lot of picks for a QB, only to take away his receivers.

If the alternative is to pay him that kind of money then I would have yes. Of course I wouldn't have made the trade on those terms in the first place.

You're going to have Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings available both of whom I'd say are better. Wallace will cost around the same as Bowe, and at his age Jennings would be cheaper.

And then there are a number of receivers in this year's draft who could be productive in the league.

If the alternative is to pay him that kind of money then I would have yes. Of course I wouldn't have made the trade on those terms in the first place.

You're going to have Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings available both of whom I'd say are better. Wallace will cost around the same as Bowe, and at his age Jennings would be cheaper.

And then there are a number of receivers in this year's draft who could be productive in the league.

Wallace is not as good as Dwayne Bowe. Wallace had similar stats to Bowe in the last 3 years but he had Ben Roethlisberger throwing him the ball. Jennings will be cheaper, but he's got an injury history and is at best, of equal ability to Bowe.

There's no AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft. They're not going to pick a WR with their 1st Round pick, so what kind of talent would they get in the 3rd? No one close to the same standard as Dwayne Bowe, that's for sure.

Wallace is not as good as Dwayne Bowe. Wallace had similar stats to Bowe in the last 3 years but he had Ben Roethlisberger throwing him the ball. Jennings will be cheaper, but he's got an injury history and is at best, of equal ability to Bowe.

There's no AJ Green or Julio Jones in the draft. They're not going to pick a WR with their 1st Round pick, so what kind of talent would they get in the 3rd? No one close to the same standard as Dwayne Bowe, that's for sure.

Wallace is easily as good on his day though he won't be a good match for KC/Smith.

I'm happy to bet that there will be a WR in this draft that will have a better year than Bowe. I'm even happy to bet there will be one drafted outside of the first round who will have a better year than Bowe.

This year is an excellent chance for teams to draft a receiver.

Wallace is easily as good on his day though he won't be a good match for KC/Smith.

I'm happy to bet that there will be a WR in this draft that will have a better year than Bowe. I'm even happy to bet there will be one drafted outside of the first round who will have a better year than Bowe.

This year is an excellent chance for teams to draft a receiver.

That's all well and good, but how do you guarantee that you draft this player? That's why the Chiefs traded for Smith. Proven success in the NFL.

New York Jets current line-up with no FA's re-signed:

Offense

QB-Mark Sanchez

RB-Bilal Powell

FB-John Griffin

WR-Stephen Hill

WR-Santonio Holmes

TE-Konrad Reuland

T-D'Brickashaw Ferguson

G-Dennis Landolt

C-Nick Mangold

G-Caleb Schlauderaff

T-Vladimir Ducasse

Defense

DE-Quinton Coples

NT-Sione Pouha

DE-Muhammad Wilkerson

OLB-Ricky Sapp

ILB-Demario Davis

ILB-David Harris

OLB-Garrett McIntyre

CB-Darrelle Revis

CB-Antonio Cromartie

S-Josh Bush

S-Antonio Allen

Anyone that's not a Jets fan have any idea who these players are? :lol:

Who the hell is Caleb Schl........ At guard?

He's only there to fill the depth chart at Guard and Center but is decent enough to play backup. Matt Slauson and Brandon Moore are FA's, so they weren't included.

Giants current line up

Offence

QB- Eli Manning

RB- David Wilson

FB- Henry Hynoski

WR- Hakeem Nicks

WR- Ruben Randle

TE- Bear Pascoe

LT- Will Beatty

LG- Selvish Capers

C- David Bass

RG- Chris Snee

RT- David Diehl

Defence

LE- Justin Tuck

DT- Shaun Rodgers

DT- Linval Joseph

RE- Jason Pierre-Paul

LOLB- Spencer Paysinger

MLB- Mark Herlizch

ROLB- Mathias Kiawanuka

CB- Prince Amukamara

SS- Antrelle Rolle

FS- Stevie Brown

CB- Corey Webster

K- Dave Buehler

P- Steve Weatherford

I used to listen to Jim Rome a fairbit as well but got tired of him.

Never been a Mike & Mike fan.

Cowherds the man, opinionated and knows his stuff. Anyone who likes the NFL even remotely should listen him during the season, pretty much all he talks about, well that and some college football. Hes got little time for Baseball and doesn't even entertain Hockey.

Edited by Jobber

Perfect time to plug a podcast from v2journal.com where I recently started writing. Debut show today featuring interviews with Georgia Bulldogs Guard, Chris Burnette and draftnik Paul Emery.

My Link

It's a little rough around the edges but good content and insight.