NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I don't watch NFL but this is just brilliant!

That is fantastic!

Some thoughts on Round 1:-

Best Picks

Shariff Floyd at 23 to Vikings

Star Lotulelei at 14 to Panthers

Jarvis Jones at 17 to Steelers

Kenny Vaccaro at 15 to Saints

Alec Ogletree at 30 to Falcons

Worst Picks

EJ Manuel at 16 to Bills

Travis Frederick at 31 to Cowboys

Barkevious Mingo at 6 to Browns

DJ Hayden at 12 to Raiders

Eric Reid at 18 to 49ers (taking into account trade up)

Biggest surprises

Shariff Floyd dropping to 23

Travis Frederick as a first round pick

EJ Manuel rather than Ryan Nassib to Bills (although he would have been a massive reach as well)

Barkevious Mingo being a top 10 pick

Manti Teo falling out of the first round (really expected the Vikes to take him)

Can anyone give a brief explanation of how the draft works?Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Worst teams from previous season pick 1st and get chance to pick the best talent in College Football

I just get the feeling that the Pats getting those picks from Minnesota are that they are going to try and get Tyrann Mathieu. He was in NE for a visit a few weeks ago. Still want a WR though.

GingerSaint is high on this Hopkins kid. I liked Patterson better

Very high on him. He's the real deal. Texans fans should be delighted with that pick. Teams putting men in the box to stop Arian Foster plus double covering Andre Johnson means Hopkins is going to have a great rookie season.

Didn't stay up for the draft, not really surprised with who we've gone for. When you play Brady twice a year, and you've just traded the best CB in the league it was obvious who we were drafting. Surprised Geno Smith didn't go in the first round.

After some deep thought about our picks, I think this is why we have picked Milliner and Richardson - to beat the Pats. Dee Milliner did well against Tyler Eifert in the BCS Championship game, and could help against the TE's with his height, speed and ability to break the ball up. Sheldon Richardson can go along with Wilkerson and Coples to provide interior pressure and collapse the pocket. Brady struggles (as much as Brady can struggle) when pressure is right in his face.

Jonathan Cyprien and Travis Kelce are my top targets for #39. Surprised Tank Carradine is still available and although he doesn't really fit a 3-4, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I predict that at least 10 WR's will go in Round 2. So much talent and someone is going to get a stud.

Don't think we can go defense for the third straight pick though. We will have a top 10 defense with the personnel we have already (including Milliner and Richardson) and we need 2 more receiving threats. New options tonight: Travis Kelce, Markus Wheaton, Robert Woods, Zach Ertz and Quinton Patton in the second. Ryan Swope, Stedman Bailey, Chris Harper, Jordan Reed and Vance McDonald could be available in the 3rd.

I really really want Travis Kelce.

Sorry for the ramblings, carry on.

Geno Smith has flung the toys out the pram and is not coming back tonight. Possibly causing him to slide further, and definitely vindicating thirty-two teams decision not to draft him.

I don't blame him for going home.

Geno Smith has flung the toys out the pram and is not coming back tonight. Possibly causing him to slide further, and definitely vindicating thirty-two teams decision not to draft him.

Except he is going to be at the second round as announced this morning :1eye

I've no idea who this guy the Packers have signed is. :lol:

Except he is going to be at the second round as announced this morning :1eye

I've no idea who this guy the Packers have signed is. :lol:

As of early this afternoon he wasn't going. I'm glad he's decided to change his mind but it does confirm a lot of the 'weird' labels attributed to him.

I had heard the lad's name you drafted as a late first/second round pick and didn't pay him much attention. Then I seen the highlights they put on of him and I was blown away frankly. Had I seen that beforehand I'd have been all over him. I was well impressed and he'll be a terrific foil for Matthews and Perry coming over his shoulder.

Finally, I really can't find any pick to heavily criticise this year. Most years there are some dumbfounding moves but I think they are all justifiable.

However the biggest laugh of the night for me was the Cowboys fans seeing their team move down to thirtieth, wait 'til 22:50 CT, give us a great big wave and jump around on camera just before they pick. And then they take a centre!

LOL.