NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Just finished watching our game there, and when Drew Brees is on form like that, very few teams can stop him. No disgrace to lose to a performance like that.

Thought the game turned on two Tannehill turnovers in the first half, both of which the Saints eventually scored TDs from.

Ah well, 3-1, not bad. At least we're not the Giants or the Steelers this year!

I'd agree the Chiefs are the questionable one. Doing great so far and the East, North and South divisions could struggle to put up a second place team to get near their projected finish. Chiefs still have all their divisional games to go though I think?

Patriots

Broncos

Chiefs

Saints

Seahawks.

Patriots, Broncos, Saints and Seahawks are a definite yes from me. Chiefs won't beat out the Broncos for 1st place in the AFC West so wildcard for them. My problem with the Chiefs is they have played 3 poor teams (Jags,Eagles,Giants) and 1 average team (Cowboys). I can't really gauge them until they play a team like Denver, Seattle or San Fran

Patriots, Broncos, Saints and Seahawks are a definite yes from me. Chiefs won't beat out the Broncos for 1st place in the AFC West so wildcard for them. My problem with the Chiefs is they have played 3 poor teams (Jags,Eagles,Giants) and 1 average team (Cowboys). I can't really gauge them until they play a team like Denver, Seattle or San Fran

They'll probably lose to the first 2 but I'd put them in the same group as SF. With Miller and. Bailey coming back soon for Denver I'm contemplating putting them on for an unbeaten season...

Watching Alex Smith play, he is so cautious, if he doesn't fancy it he'll either run or find Jamaal Charles. It'll be interesting to see how he fares against tougher match ups.

The AFC North is looking intriguing. Who would have thought the Browns would be joint top of that division? Still fancy the Bengals to win it.

Will the Falcons, Packers and 49ers make the playoffs?

The Broncos have played three of the worst teams in the NFL (plus the Ravens). They're not going to walk to the Super Bowl like everyone thinks.

Edited by GingerSaint

Some intriguing match ups this week. A few divisional games too. Seahawks at the Colts is a true test for both teams. I'm not 100% confident but I think the Hawks will edge it.

Mentioned before but I'm actually looking forward to TNF again. No idea how that will go but I don't reckon there will be more than a TD in it ;)

Jax to run the Rams close?

What game or games are you guys looking forward to in week 5?

Edited by jagfox43

The Broncos have played three of the worst teams in the NFL (plus the Ravens). They're not going to walk to the Super Bowl like everyone thinks.

Their regular season schedule actually looks pretty weak bar a couple of games. First real test comes in a couple of weeks going to Indy. Be interesting to see how Manning does on a wet wednesday night in Stoke in November a cold Monday night in Foxboro in November as well.

I look at their schedule and I think talk of 17-0 is too much, they will lose at least one of chiefs, colts, pats away. In the post-season who knows. Manning hasn't exactly covered himself in glory with his post season record in years gone by. In the Divisional game v ravens last year Manning looked stiff, tired and made really bad decisions. He looks in good shape now but come the cold nights having played 16-18 games I still have my doubts.

Watching Alex Smith play, he is so cautious, if he doesn't fancy it he'll either run or find Jamaal Charles. It'll be interesting to see how he fares against tougher match ups.

I think that will do him well against the tougher challenges he'll face because the worst thing you can do against those teams is turn the ball over. However I am a confirmed Alex Smith fanboy so I could be biased...9ers never should have got rid of him!

Titans have announced Jake Locker's injury is a sprained hip, which is the best case scenario so will only miss a few weeks.

They'll probably leave him till after our bye in week 8. Three tough D's coming up in KC, Seattle & SF.Not worth the risk.

When's the weekly fines normally announced? Hope Wilkerson & Coples have to put their hands in their pockets.

They'll probably leave him till after our bye in week 8. Three tough D's coming up in KC, Seattle & SF.Not worth the risk.

When's the weekly fines normally announced? Hope Wilkerson & Coples have to put their hands in their pockets.

I thought they were taking 4-6 weeks anyway.