NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Titus Young didn't last long in St Louis... he is the Lady Jane Gray of the NFL.

Sounds like a bit of a w****r, never heard of a player deliberately running the wrong plays to piss his team off before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-release-troubled-wr-titus-young-nine-days-205157568--nfl.html

Titus Young didn't last long in St Louis... he is the Lady Jane Gray of the NFL.

Sounds like a bit of a w****r, never heard of a player deliberately running the wrong plays to piss his team off before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-release-troubled-wr-titus-young-nine-days-205157568--nfl.html

You would think after all his throw me the damn ball antics in Detroit that he would just knuckle down and show he could learn the playbook and run the routes effectively to actually make some catches.

Clearly he couldn't be assed doing that.

Mayock was on Rich Eisen's podcast last week. I'll try to give it a listen later on and see what he has to say.

Iv not listened to it either but from what iv read this week he was probably giving his rankings of the players in the draft. He has Eddie Lacy as the number 1 ranked RB this year. Anyone out there really needing a Running back?

Iv not listened to it either but from what iv read this week he was probably giving his rankings of the players in the draft. He has Eddie Lacy as the number 1 ranked RB this year. Anyone out there really needing a Running back?

He has Andre Ellington at number 3. The man knows his football.

He has Andre Ellington at number 3. The man knows his football.

Clemson?

Green Bay?

Jets?

Rams?

Could all use one.

What's the deal with Shonn Greene? Is he going back to New York.

Haven't the Packers got a bunch of RBs?

Rams is a great shout tho

I sincerely doubt Greene will be back. He isn't a very good player, his Yards Per Carry has been decreasing every year and he doesn't fit in with our new West Coast Offense.

A lot of teams need a RB. Bengals badly need someone.

I sincerely doubt Greene will be back. He isn't a very good player, his Yards Per Carry has been decreasing every year and he doesn't fit in with our new West Coast Offense.

A lot of teams need a RB. Bengals badly need someone.

Law firm was decent for the last season.

Sure he's not an every down back but he puts up decent enough numbers to make you think that the bengals wont go for a RB as a priority.

Just re read what you wrote, sure 2nd would be option, couple of picks. Not sure how far good RBs will drop.

Edited by thehoss

Sure he's not an every down back but he puts up decent enough numbers to make you think that the bengals wont go for a RB as a priority.

Shonn Greene ran for almost exactly the same amount of yards in 2 less carries. He got 1000 yards rushing because they kept giving the ball to him, not because of his performance. BJGE averaged 3.9 yards per carry and 2.07 yards after contact which is among the worst in the league. He will be fine for 3rd downs and short yardage situations but they need someone to be more elusive and help in the passing game.

EDIT: If they don't take a back in the first two rounds, I still see them going for someone like Andre Ellington or Mike Gillislee in rounds 3-4.

Edited by GingerSaint

This isn't a pissing contest, yeah he ran for 1000 yards his yards per carry were not that great but like you said it's running back by committee so while they may want an number one RB it won't be there priority was all I was saying.

In my opinion Green Bay/ rams need is greater in yours bengals need is greater.

This isn't a pissing contest, yeah he ran for 1000 yards his yards per carry were not that great but like you said it's running back by committee so while they may want an number one RB it won't be there priority was all I was saying.

In my opinion Green Bay/ rams need is greater in yours bengals need is greater.

I'm not saying Bengals have a greater need than other teams. I'm saying I think they need one and I think they'll take one in the second round.

I'm not saying Bengals have a greater need than other teams. I'm saying I think they need one and I think they'll take one in the second round.

You would be OK with Greene back at the meadowlands?

Or do you wish for someone who is more versatile? Can catch more out the backfield?

I know you have limited cap room etc.

You would be OK with Greene back at the meadowlands?

Or do you wish for someone who is more versatile? Can catch more out the backfield?

I know you have limited cap room etc.

If no one wanted him, I would take him back for 3rd and 1 situations. We definitely need to draft someone that can be elusive and catch the ball though. Ellington (Clemson), Gillislee (Florida) and Franklin (UCLA) are all later round players that I like to fill that role and share the load with Bilal Powell.