NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Looked good at Arkansas but I heard stuff that he had a few off field problems. Don't think he played in the last 2 raiders pre season games.

Have the Chiefs kept Tyler Bray

Yes. Great physical tools but a bit mental in the head apparently.

Wilson started camp as 3rd string and within a week undrafted free agent Matt McGloin had come in and pushed him back to 4th choice, and there he stayed. Expected him to be cut earlier in order to keep room space for DE David Bass, who was released and since picked off waivers by the Bears.

Kluwe has now been released also, with Marquette King edging the punter battle. King is younger, cheaoer and has a stronger leg, though not as consistent. Shame, as Kluwe is excellent as a person, and more consistent as a kicker.

Don't see a need at safety, but offensive line and defensive line can use help.

edit: ...and we appear to have begun, claiming OG Antoine McClain from the Ravens.

Edited by Count Mongo del Fantastico

Jags have picked up 7 players off waiver today.

Former Packers tight end D.J Williams

former Eagles linebacker Chris McCoy,
former Seahawks safety Winston Guy,

former Eagles tight end Clay Harbor
former Vikings wide receiver Stephen Burton,

former Falcons offensive guard Jacques McClendon

former Bears linebacker J.T Thomas.

I'll be honest. Not heard of any of them. But a busy day none the less. With signing two TEs, perhaps they should have gone for Tebow

Only NFL team I heard Tebow being linked too was the Raiders.

If by linked, you mean journalists saying we'd be the only team to take him then yes, I guess the statement is true, only so far as journalists have said this.

We wouldn't touch him though. The days of Al Davis taking a mad punt on players are over. ESPN and NFL Network don't seem able to grasp this concept though.

If by linked, you mean journalists saying we'd be the only team to take him then yes, I guess the statement is true, only so far as journalists have said this.

We wouldn't touch him though. The days of Al Davis taking a mad punt on players are over. ESPN and NFL Network don't seem able to grasp this concept though.

I read the headline on NFL.com but didn't click in the story.

Terrell Davis said it on NFL Network yesterday. Sort of similar to the story about ESPN making up their own stories in a way.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

Basically, get one of your analysts to say something, then run it in print, then hope others pick up the story.

I suspect the Raiders are becoming sensible now, so no chance of Tebow (thank fcku). seem to actually be planning long term to build a team :blink: rather than just signing the fastest players available. Superbowl L we will win!