NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

If you really want get yourself in deep, get to a proper NFL game in a proper NFL stadium (and try getting to an FBS College game or two as well).

It'll blow yer socks aff, min.

I'm planning to spend Christmas 2014 in NYC. As I'll have to pay for most of it, the condition to my wife is that we go see an NFL game when we are over there.

Outside chance we might get away next September too, again, an NFL game is the condition.

I used to go to every united match home and away,every Scotland game at hampden and a fair few man utd and Valencia games. Every Scotland game at murrayfield too.

I still go to tannadice but that's as much about tribal loyalty and meeting the lads for a pint as anything.EPL, champions league etc bore the shite out of me and altho i still take an interest in international rugby and football it's bloody hard work. In terms of the sport itself nothing comes close to nfl for me. Every game is intriguing and has something going on.only started watching 7 or 8 years ago, and only seriously following two years ago but it's definitely my number one sport now.

Still loads to learn though.only really know the top players and know next to nothing about the different types of O and D but looking to get right into that this year.

Edited by invergowrie arab

I used to go to every united match home and away,every Scotland game at hampden and a fair few man utd and Valencia games. Every Scotland game at murrayfield too.

I still go to tannadice but that's as much about tribal loyalty and meeting the lads for a pint as anything.EPL, champions league etc bore the shite out of me and altho i still take an interest in international rugby and football it's bloody hard work. In terms of the sport itself nothing comes close to nfl for me. Every game is intriguing and has something going on.only started watching 7 or 8 years ago, and only seriously following two years ago but it's definitely my number one sport now.

Still loads to learn though.only really know the top players and know next to nothing about the different types of O and D but looking to get right into that this year.

I dunno what age you are so this might be a weird suggestion but if you're a gamer, pick up Madden. That's how I learnt.

I dunno what age you are so this might be a weird suggestion but if you're a gamer, pick up Madden. That's how I learnt.

I gave up on madden as it was so hard to tackle it made it a 4 down rushing game. And people would take knee with 90 on the clock in a 5 minute game!! I might go back to it though. Also have a few books to read that I got for Xmas but I always have a queue of books waiting.

If you really want get yourself in deep, get to a proper NFL game in a proper NFL stadium (and try getting to an FBS College game or two as well).

It'll blow yer socks aff, min.

I had a look at flights to Nashville earlier this year and it's not easy. Edinburgh - Amsterdam - Detroit :huh: - Nashville. 17 hours and expensive too.

Ware could get about 5 on Sunday night against our depleted offensive line

I'm taking the Cowgirls all day in this game. I took them last year opening day against the Giants too.

I dont think Lynch will be the starter for Seattle come the end of the season

christine-1983-03-g.jpg

I totally agree with all of this.

You filthy Arab c**t :P

Hope you enjoy your Wembley experience. I personally didn't enjoy it much. It was cold, wet and I Surrounded by some pretty clueless fans. The pub I went for a pint in before was full of geeks who looked liked they belonged at a Star Trek convention. Game was a slog due to the conditions but at least I seen the Giants win.

Give yourself plenty of time to get there as well.

Last year was the first year I'd went, really enjoyed it. We've got a bigger group going this year and we're going down the Saturday. Last year there was 2 of us and we flew from Glasgow at 8am on Sunday arrived back around 4pm on Monday...shattered!

Managed to get everything fairly cheap as well. Return flights from Ed-Luton & 2 nights in the Premier Inn beside Luton Parkway worked out at £85 each, pretty chuffed with that. Train to West Hampstead, go for a few drinks in Camden then jump on train to Wembley around 2 or so for the tailgate.

Any going/been to the event on Saturday? Think they've moved it to Regent St this year. We'd probably get there about 2pm if we decided to go. Is it worth our hassle?

This will be my 4th international series and I kind of get what my lichtie pal is saying. I went to the first Wembley game. Phins v giants and had an amazing time. Never been to US so nothing to compare it against and I thought it was just pure entertainment the way they get the crowd involved but I was pretty drunk.

Second time I went was pats v buccs as I had to go and see my team.even though it was much better supporting your team I really noticed how flat the atmosphere was. I said after that I wouldn't go back but when they announced the pats were coming back last year again I had to go. First two years I stayed with pals and we just pitched up at the game half hour before kick off. Last year we decided to go all in and do the fan rally at Trafalgar square,pre game tailgate and UK patriots party at greenman pub before the game. Greenman is best of both worlds for me as you get a proper beer and can watch super Sunday as well as dipping into the pre game atmosphere.

I would say all these things are worth a nosey for an hour but don't build your day round it unless you are really really into nfl. i didn't know half the folk they were wheeling out and it was all a bit radio Tay roadshow. As lichtie alludes to a lot of nfl fans are a bit weird. I suppose if you are into a minority sport or star trek or something then you really get into it to an insane degree and get a bit geeky about it.so for me it wasn't the best company and your best just doing your own thing with mates.one of the reasons I prefer this thread to posting on nfluk is that everyone has come here through football so there is a bit more balance to them whereas nfluk has some right weirdos posting and I think for a lot of them.that place is their social life.

I probably wouldn't be going this year except my pal is a huge Steelers fan. Having reread all that it sounds a bit negative but I'm still really looking forward to it and it's still a great day out. It's worth going to london just for a bodeans pulled pork roll from the tailgate

Edited by invergowrie arab

We don't really have plans for the Saturday so were thinking of taking the fan rally in then probably heading out for a few beers.

We'd heard the Green Man was the place to go for a "proper" pre-game party on Sunday but also heard it was always crazy busy, plus we didn't really have too much time. We ended up watching the Merseyside derby in the pub then headed to Wembley. Annoyingly the early game is Stoke v Norwich on the day of the IS so we'll probably head to Wembley pretty early this time round and have a wander and do some jersey spotting ^_^