NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Jay Glazer announcing that the Chiefs are acquiring Alex Smith from the Niners<br /><br /><br />Welcome to Kansas City Luke Joeckel<br /> <br />2nd Round pick and possibly a future pick.

<br /><br />Saw that. How do the Conditional Picks work? I've never understood that.

<br /><br />Saw that. How do the Conditional Picks work? I've never understood that.

It means the draft pick can go higher depending on how well the player plays. If he sucks the pick would be in the later rounds of the draft, but if he plays really good, then it would be in the early rounds of the draft.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

Paid too much for Smith. He was a diddy prior to Harbaugh arriving and hes limited even with the system and the coaching he was working under that masked a lot of his problems. Should do alright in KC, but no more really and he should be nothing more than a stop gap, not someone you invest a high pick in for the long term. They could have kept that pick and brought in someone like Matt Moore and I doubt there would have been much of a difference.

Edited by Jobber

Have to agree re: Alex Smith. I really admire what he achieved at SF under Harbaugh but he was a tool for the best offensive mind in the game. And now, with Reid, not so much.

As said Matt Moore would have been an at least comparable signing for nothing. Moore is a good QB who deserves a full season somewhere and I personally hope that place is Arizona.

Re: Steven Jackson, one of my favourite players ever. What a servant to his team and the game. You hope he gets a move to a contender and a committee approach to running the ball.

Well, if he does end up at the Falcons, he'll have two decent running backs in Rodgers and Snelling to share the load.

I'm hoping they draft a future RB in the later rounds of the draft. Too many defensive pieces needed (DE and DT) to draft one early.

I'd hazard they need to pick up a TE of the future as well.

All those positions are fairly deep though (DE, DT, TE, RB) so I'll be disappointed if Atlanta don't come out of the offseason in an even better state.

Been watching Chance videos. I really hope the Jets have too many needs and pass on him at #9.

He's exactly what the Titans need at #10

Take him in the first, a safety like Elam in the second. A CB & DT in the third. Take a big power back to complement Johnson and maybe a big WR incase Kenny Britt gets injured again or jailed, in the later rounds. Sign LeVitre in FA from Buffalo and I think we're looking pretty good.

I predict at least 10 wins for the Titans. I'm an eternal optimist. We have a good young team.

ETA - I would love the Honey Badger. So what if he can't lift weights and has a suspect character. We like drafting DB's with strange nicknames. The boy is a playmaker.

pacman-1974.png

Edited by Dee4Life1893