NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

How does it work with the players in Colorado and Washington now?

I assume the bans are given out because a player is charged with a crime. Not that they are failing drug tests.

Seems unfair if so.

I was under the assumption that the substance abuse policy was a separate issue from criminal acts, more about keeping things family friendly or bringing the game into disrepute or some bullshit. Although it's legal in those states it's not in others and they might feel like it encourages kids to do drugs as well or whatever?

Edited by Stewbo

Rappaport reporting $61m guaranteed, $126m in total

Highest ever guaranteed money apparently

I heard it's $110 million in total

That's fucking crazy. He is nowhere near worth that. Brady and Manning are only boys who deserve that sort of cash

Lololol. Kaepernick needs a strong run game and reliable receiving options to be mildly successful. You don't give that much money to someone you can't shoulder the whole offense/team on. He can't do it.

Do you see the Niners looking more potent this coming season? Enough to justify paying him at that level?

I'm sure I heard recently that the Niners were dead last in the league last season in pass attempts. Seahawks were second last.

Defenses seem to have figured out the read option too.

This could really be a decision that cripples San Fran for years to come.

I'm sure I heard recently that the Niners were dead last in the league last season in pass attempts. Seahawks were second last.

Defenses seem to have figured out the read option too.

This could really be a decision that cripples San Fran for years to come.

tumblr_mnahl0AhaG1rt1ivno2_500.gif

tumblr_mnahl0AhaG1rt1ivno2_500.gif

Okay, what's the bet?

Kaepernick being with the Niners in 2017? I say NO

Kaepernick throwing over 4000 yard in a single season in his career? I say NO

Kaepernick ever winning a Superb Owl? I say NO

Feel free to bookmark this for future ridicule. I think I'm good tho'.

Okay, what's the bet?

Kaepernick being with the Niners in 2017? I say NO

Kaepernick throwing over 4000 yard in a single season in his career? I say NO

Kaepernick ever winning a Superb Owl? I say NO

Feel free to bookmark this for future ridicule. I think I'm good tho'.

I think you misunderstood the gif? I'm agreeing that it's likely to cripple the 9ers financially for the significant future. Kaepernick is good enough to get by but he's not a star and with the current receiving options they have there's next to no big play potential that could at least make him look like a star

Crabtree and Gore's contracts are expiring so I'd imagine there isn't much room to manoeuvre. Gore to be a free agent next year is my bold prediction from this deal.

Kaepernick from now on...

money-fight-o.gif

Crabtree and Gore's contracts are expiring so I'd imagine there isn't much room to manoeuvre. Gore to be a free agent next year is my bold prediction from this deal.

Really? Given they signed Lattimore last year and Hyde this year they cant possibly be looking to extend him can they?

Lattimore is fucked. He won't be a factor

True story.

Ideal situation for the 9ers is that Gore leaves after 2014 and Hyde takes on full responsibilities in a seamless transition. What will actually happen is that Gore comes back on a very small one year deal and splits carries with Hyde.

I have some reservations about Hyde's ability to be the de facto number 1 threat to a defense. He benefited a lot from Braxton Miller in college and if teams are less worried about Kaepernick in the future, Hyde will be less effective. He was very often untouched past the line of scrimmage in college which allowed him to build up steam and run over defenders.

Hardly been paying attention this off season. Why does no one have the 9ers in their play-off predictions, seems off given how good they've been the past couple seasons.

Not liking that big CK7 deal, he strikes me as the kind of guy who could let it get to him.

Gore's older, Hyde is an unknown quantity and Kaepernick isn't very good.