NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Does anyone else genuinely prefer the NFL to actual football? The first Sunday in September is the best day of the year.

Yep, I'm definitely getting that way.

I might have the Scotland game on in the background but it's Titans/Chiefs on the telly and Redzone on the laptop for me.

EDIT: Serious question for GS and CountyFan. Since we all support diddies in fitba and football. If you had to pick between your team winning the SPL or winning the Superbowl this season, what would it be?

Would be really hard for me to decide.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

I always used to think about that when we were SFL1. I wanted county to get promoted (at that point both were a pipe dream). There's nothing better than sharing your teams success with friends and family and actually being there. The cup semi vs Celtic, cup quarter final away to hibs, first game in the SPL (dull 0-0 at home to Motherwell.... I'll never forget it though)... These were really brilliant days I'll never forget.

Having said that, theres something weirdly special about secretly supporting a team thousands of miles away in the middle of the night, with very few people knowing how much it affects you. It's hard to explain... You guys will get it though. The most genuinely devastated I've ever been at a sporting event was a double overtime loss to the panthers in 2003... Steve Smith with a 70-odd yard catch and run that broke my heart. I doubt it even registered with more than a couple of thousand other Scots... There's something weirdly satisfying about that. Conversely, the most excited I've ever been was right before kickoff vs the Patriots in London... I was finally getting to see the Rams, MY Rams, live. Unbelievable feeling.

In short I want them both to win haha.

Yep, I'm definitely getting that way.

I might have the Scotland game on in the background but it's Titans/Chiefs on the telly and Redzone on the laptop for me.

EDIT: Serious question for GS and CountyFan. Since we all support diddies in fitba and football. If you had to pick between your team winning the SPL or winning the Superbowl this season, what would it be?

Would be really hard for me to decide.

It is really hard and I had a weird experience with us winning the Scottish Cup last year. I didn't really enjoy the Cup win as much as I would have 3 or 4 years ago and kept thinking to myself "should I be more excited" as I saw people actually crying around me. I'd probably take a Jets Super Bowl win at this stage.

Having said that, theres something weirdly special about secretly supporting a team thousands of miles away in the middle of the night, with very few people knowing how much it affects you. It's hard to explain...

I don't know if it's just me, but not only weirdly special about that too, but also with the strange satisfaction that this "secret" support can be shared here in a small dark corner of a big football forum. Bit like an extra wee community in here. If you get what I mean. None of my mates (well except my old uni mates who live all over the country) are interested in it at all.

I don't know if it's just me, but not only weirdly special about that too, but also with the strange satisfaction that this "secret" support can be shared here in a small dark corner of a big football forum. Bit like an extra wee community in here. If you get what I mean. None of my mates (well except my old uni mates who live all over the country) are interested in it at all.

Yeah, my mates don't get it either. I did manage to get them to watch the Superbowl last season, well half of it.

Tried to get my 11 year old into it but he feigned interest and fucked off to play FIFA.

They all think we're weirdos, maybe they're right.

I definitely prefer football to soccer these days, five years ago I wouldn't have said the same. I'm got another mate as into it as I am and the rest of my mates always give it the the too many adverts, too many breaks! (Clearly never spend and afternoon watching Redzone) this is usually the classic line of someone who has never sat and watched a game, some of the play offs last few years have been as dramatic a sporting event you will see anywhere!

The other thing I love about the NFL is as of today how many teams can you say will definately now make the play offs? Not that many, in comparison to how many teams have a chance of the top 4 in the premiership or winning the SPFL?

Spent the evening organising a London trip after seeing there were still tickets for the international series on sky last night.

Fly Aberdeen to Gatwick Friday morning

Les Miserables Friday night

Arsenal vs Tottenham Saturday evening

A Comedy of Errors matinee on Sunday at 1pm

Then Raiders/Dolphins at Wembley Sunday evening.

With beer in between, that's a fucking good (but expensive!) weekend.

Nice one!

I'll be making my first game on the 12th of October, Cowboys @ Seahawks. i've been watching sporadically for a while, but I've started taking a proper interest in the game over the last couple of seasons, just picking up bits here and there.

Rather looking forward to it, even with potential eye watering ticket prices, if I can't get someones season tickets.

I don't have a team yet, the people I know our in Seattle are trying to sway me towards the Seahawks, but I think I'll just see what team, actually entertains me over the course of the season even if it is the Jaguars...

Spent the evening organising a London trip after seeing there were still tickets for the international series on sky last night.

Fly Aberdeen to Gatwick Friday morning

Les Miserables Friday night

Arsenal vs Tottenham Saturday evening

A Comedy of Errors matinee on Sunday at 1pm

Then Raiders/Dolphins at Wembley Sunday evening.

With beer in between, that's a fucking good (but expensive!) weekend.

^^^^^^^^^

Obviously going with the missus.

Tbh I have never been less interested in football than I am right now. This is probably largely due to the farce that Morton have become. I can't remember the last time that I have failed to get to an away game by September.

Definitely prefer NFL right now and am really looking forward to next season. I also love how fantasy football can pique your interest in even the most uninteresting and dull game.