Nel is missing a trick here; Pistorious keeps saying that he heard the bog door slam. Nel just has to ask him why she would slam the door in the middle of the night if she was going for a pish or a shite. If he answers that she regularly did that then the inconsiderate cow deserved to be shot imo.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost think that's a stereotypical view of South Africans, my personal experience is very different ... from discussions I've had with some of them the general view of the black population at large is 'complicated' to say the least, and there is certainly a touch of what you describe, but not as 'black & white' (pun not intended) as your experience.

My FB feed features updates from 8 South Africans (4 of them family) and their posts are fairly good natured, self depreciating and inclusive - they also nip between English and Afrikaans, sometimes in the same post, which can be slightly weird.

I had some experience of white South Africans a number of years ago when I worked in Abu Dhabi. One was a lady I worked with and she was a lady. Polite to a fault, cheerful, intelligent and not at all racist. Then again there were a couple of families who went along to the Breakers social club & bar. They were white and something else. Rough as f**k. They used to talk in Africaans in the (crowded, full of family and kids) bar weekend afternoons. They would bang on in Africaans and revert back to English to throw in the f word. No need for that in front of the young 'uns.

Remember the song "who let the dogs out?" they used to sit on the beach with a ghetto blaster with that blasting out whilst they sang "who let the blacks out".

South Africans are like anyone else I guess, some good, some bad I but the bad I found quite unpleasant. Apparently they are nicknamed "rock spiders" (at least the ones of Dutch origin).

I see the trial was shown the valentines card that Pistorius was going to give his girlfriend.

The verse inside read:

Roses are red, violets are glorious,

never sneak up on Oscar Pistorius...

Fucking hell mate, that joke was doing the rounds the day after the girl got shot.

Couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread to see if it had.

Worth an airing seeing as they did wheel the card out today.

Is Ad Lib even a lawyer, or just a acne-ridden student? :lol:

Enjoying the "the big bad defence lawyer made me wet myself" stories on the previous page, btw. :lol:

He's just a bit wet behind the ears.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived