Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear..

What is there to say oh dear about? This is clearly what the SNP did as did the Devoplus people. It may not have been Pringle himself but someone in the SNP has decided to order them that way as that statement confirms, now it could just be a coincidence that they unwittingly put two nationalist dog whistles before the referendum question but I doubt it

When a pollster feels the need to release that kind of statement you know they are feeling the heat.

Yes... i think there is a credibility issue. Panelbase dont want to be seen as a buy a poll result outfit.

Might be a niche market mind you.

I remember a quote on Five Live once. Eric Joyce was being brought on to defend some scumbaggery of Blair's and the quote when he arrived was 'when you need someone to defend the indefensible.. send for Eric Joyce..'

When you need a pollster to find the unfindable..send for Panelbase.

What is there to say oh dear about? This is clearly what the SNP did as did the Devoplus people. It may not have been Pringle himself but someone in the SNP has decided to order them that way as that statement confirms, now it could just be a coincidence that they unwittingly put two nationalist dog whistles before the referendum question but I doubt it

Oh dear because you don't have one scintilla of evidence to back up your claims

Oh dear because you don't have one scintilla of evidence to back up your claims 

Even you cannot possibly be suggesting that the order of the questions was not mandated in that way by the SNP. :lol:

Backed up by the fact they felt the need in their press release to completely reverse them.

And it's also the only one of the big three not to have rated the UK this year, as long as we're dealing in facts.

Then again if you want to base your view of the UK economy on figures from 18 months ago from an outfit that only lowered its ratings of mortgage-backed securities after the global financial crisis started then you be my guest. They'll see you coming, alright.

edit: to be completely unequivocal here - anyone who thinks unsolicited ratings from S&P are anything other than absolute bullshit is living in fantasyland. We know this because it's been borne out repeatedly from 2007 onwards. When it comes to unsolicited ratings they are proven to know absolutely nothing more than anyone with a subscription to the Wall Street Journal, and in all probability a lot less since they're incentivized to support the status quo.

Unlike you to be so sloppy.

I never passed any opinion on the merits of sovereign ratings, I just pointed out that it is incorrect to say that the UK is no longer AAA rated - it is - by S&P.

S&P is the biggest and most influential of the three main ratings agencies.

It is also incorrect to say that S&P have not rated the UK this year. The ratings process is an ongoing one and can respond to changes whenever the rating agency deems it necessary. S&P re-affirmed the UK's AAA rating in April of this year.

Here endeth the lesson.

Hopefully you get this response before you get banned again but the fact you have equated someone thinking David Cameron is a dick and Alex Salmond is ok with meaning they should vote for Independence shows you are a thick c**t really.

The Old Northerner worded that a bit more tactfully but then he is a nice chap.

:lol:

Unlike you to be so sloppy.

I never passed any opinion on the merits of sovereign ratings, I just pointed out that it is incorrect to say that the UK is no longer AAA rated - it is - by S&P.

S&P is the biggest and most influential of the three main ratings agencies.

It is also incorrect to say that S&P have not rated the UK this year. The ratings process is an ongoing one and can respond to changes whenever the rating agency deems it necessary. S&P re-affirmed the UK's AAA rating in April of this year.

Here endeth the lesson.

My mistake about their reaffirming it this year. The data's six months old, then, not 18 months old (and that's fine.) I stand by my opinion of S&P, though. I think their unsolicited ratings are actually worse than useless, i.e. they are actively misleading.

Sarwar's an absolute horror show, typical Labour line of bringing in party politics when there's no call for it. For me it's the idea of a prospective, independent Scottish Parliament versus the Westminster status quo, therefore party politics bares no relevance here. Fud.

Hs is a joke.

"If we have a UK Labour government" - We don't, Labour are in opposition for a reason, doesn't look like it is going to change any time soon. plus this is about Scottish independence, Not the SNP. FFS

Archived